Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop

Thread Starter #16
Sent the email with all required details.

the assigned Service Adviser is Ratan and here is the Estimate (work already carried out according to Hyundai Service Centre)

Any sensible person would find this absurd considering this is for a car costing not more than 5L OTR!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Any sensible person would find this absurd considering this is for a car costing not more than 5L OTR!!
First of all, appreciate your perseverance for taking this matter with much needed seriousness to wake up the right people. After seeing the estimates, I for once thought, is this the estimate for a car which is a total loss? To co-relate the estimate with the damage of the car, some post accident pics would be better if uploaded. Anyhow, going by your interaction with the ASC and the facts that have come across, it is really very sad and hopeless situation for us customers even to trust the authorized service center for our cars.

Appreciate your effort dear.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #18
Guys can anyone please help me getting contact details of hyundai executives, there has been no reply to my emails at EROS or to contact details provided at website.

Also upon asking for the courtesy car they do not agreed and said its only for repairs involving warranty services. IMO other manufacturers provide in case of accidental damage too. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you

Thread Starter #19
I'm not seeing option to edit my previous post therefore posting this as a separate post. Just an update that I posted this case on Akosha lets see how they help out. meanwhile I still need contact details or addresses of local Hyundai officials where I could escalate the complaint.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Guys can anyone please help me getting contact details of hyundai executives, there has been no reply to my emails at EROS or to contact details provided at website.
Here is the email id for your escalation: crservice@hmil.net

Also upon asking for the courtesy car they do not agreed and said its only for repairs involving warranty services. IMO other manufacturers provide in case of accidental damage too. correct me if I'm wrong.
Though it is provided as a basic courtesy so in case you haven't got the same, kindly mention it in the email.

Here is online contact us form for Hyundai: Link

Contact number: 098-7356-4645

I'm not seeing option to edit my previous post therefore posting this as a separate post.
After 30 minutes the edit post function is non-applicable so in case you like to edit your post beyond 30 minutes then you can use "report post" functions and mention the details in it for the moderators to do the needful dear.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Update: In these days I met with GM of EROS Hyundai, the final bill for the work is coming to about Rs. ~2,05,000 . The insurance is finalizing Rs. 1,69,166 as final liability to them. note that I have zero depreciation plan.

Hyundai's stand is that the whole repair work performed was necessary as per Hyundai's standard and there has been no compromise in the work. Although I still feel that the bill has been inflated by adding unnecessary parts, like the rear glass and hatch. Hyundai says the rear wind shield has been replaced because of hair crack on glass. but the survey photos and

However the repair work on the car does not seem to be so extravagant. now my query is to where I should dispute the claim? The insurance stand is that the settlement is enough to cover the accident claim. but its not close at all to the final bill at Hyundai.

I am also opened the case in Akosha, and ready to go consumer court way if necessary. but the question is against whom?

I have emailed to Bharti-axa for reassessment of the claim. let me see for their stand on this issue. if they are not cooperating then I would be raising this issue to insurance ombudsman

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
the final bill for the work is coming to about Rs. ~2,05,000 . The insurance is finalizing Rs. 1,69,166 as final liability to them. note that I have zero depreciation plan.
I suggest you should clarify on each clause of insurance policy with the insurance company. Try to get the list of exempted items (if any) from them in a zero-dep policy.

Hyundai's stand is that the whole repair work performed was necessary as per Hyundai's standard and there has been no compromise in the work. Although I still feel that the bill has been inflated by adding unnecessary parts, like the rear glass and hatch. Hyundai says the rear wind shield has been replaced because of hair crack on glass.
1 (5).jpg

1 (4).jpg

However the repair work on the car does not seem to be so extravagant.
Buddy this could be subjective. The actual damage could be bigger than assumed since we as owners do not have that professional and precise knowledge about the car damage as the ASC may have. In a major hit like this the damage can be extensive.

now my query is to where I should dispute the claim?
The insurance stand is that the settlement is enough to cover the accident claim. but its not close at all to the final bill at Hyundai.
First get a clear picture of the insurance policy as I mentioned above.

I am also opened the case in Akosha, and ready to go consumer court way if necessary. but the question is against whom?
As a friend and fellow mate, I wouldn't suggest you to take a radical step so early until you have all the facts in place.

I hope my suggestions are helpful.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #24
the car is still at workshop, Hyundai will not release it unless payment is cleared. its a network garage to bharti-axa and the facility is cashless. If we pay the difference and release the car will the dispute for the claim be valid ?

I fear you have a long legal battle ahead. To get the vehicle you have to pay the balance amount .Make it a point to get in writing from AXA why the claim was not given completely. Talk to an advocate who knows about Consumer courts. File a complaint in consumer forum.

Re: Insurance claim dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundi Workshop

Bharti axa is hopeless. Can't refund my cancelled policy amount for 2 months. I too zero dep from them and regretting.

HDFC ergo was so damn good
Dear vaibhav ,

You can forward your query along with the details of policy number to this email id : Kiran.jayaraj@bharti-axagi.co

Thanks & Regards
Team Bharti AXA General Insurance

Thread Starter #27
I fear you have a long legal battle ahead. To get the vehicle you have to pay the balance amount .Make it a point to get in writing from AXA why the claim was not given completely. Talk to an advocate who knows about Consumer courts. File a complaint in consumer forum.
yes, I'm awaiting bharti-axa's reply, I already spoke to surveyor and because of that discussion I was biased towards bharti-axa. Feeling that the repair work is overdone. Replacing many parts unnecessarily. But the GM at EROS Motors assured me justifying all the parts replaced are done as per Hyundai's standards and the car would not function properly if there was a compromise in the work done.

As the car had done only 25 kms on odometer. Its highly unlikely that there were multiple accidents.[frustration] Before going to consumer court I'll be drafting a letter to IRDA/Insurance Ombudsman for solution.

Also waiting for the liability assessment from bharti-axa..
can someone please list the items not covered under zero-depreciations. what items falls under consumables? Tyres, fluids.. and?[confused]

Bharti axa is hopeless. Can't refund my cancelled policy amount for 2 months. I too zero dep from them and regretting.

HDFC ergo was so damn good
/offtopic. I almost decided to go with Bharti-AXA for my new vento. But switched to HDFC ERGO at the last moment, even though premium was much higher. But after my first claim I am surprised to see fast processing of claims at HDFC ERGO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #29
Based on the response from Bharti-AXA's Retail Manager. the parts could have been damaged at the workshop after the inspection.

1. Drive – Shaft assy (Replaced right side as claimed by repairer)
A. the part Sr no. 72, in invoice which reads as 495000X000 (JOINT ASSY – CONSTANT VELOCITY L) is actually a Left side Drive shaft assy.
B. There is no impact to LH side of the vehicle, which removes the possibility of damage to drive shaft.
C. The under repair photo taken on 17.09.2014 by our surveyor confirms no damage to left side drive shaft.

D. The repairer in first re-inspection shown us the Left side drive shaft having damages at locking grooves which apparently seen damaged due to over-tighten of lock nut and not due to accident.

E. In second time re-inspection survey, the garage person shown right side damaged drive shaft which does not match with original snap of drive shaft; taken during under repair photos.

From this you can clearly have idea about denial of our liability of over drive shaft part assessment.
2. Tail gate glass assy (Having hair crack as claimed by repairer)
A. The line of impact & severity of damage to vehicle can confirm that there was huge amount of stress on parts nearing to rear LH side of vehicle.
B. The property of Tail gate Glass assy is such that in such type of impact it will get shattered in to small particles rather than generating cracks as seen in case of rear door window & fixed glass, which got shattered in to small particles due to impact.

From above inspection photos it was pretty clear that tail gate glass was not damaged at the time of initial survey of vehicle, hence same again not considered in our liability.
There is a possibility that some parts are intentionally swapped due to damage from the workshop, accidental or intentional which they are not accepting. Well the damage done during the repair work should be the liability of the workshop. isn't it? each one of their employee is trying to cover it up & there is no response from Hyundai India.

If any representative at Hyundai is reading this, please do reply here.

Also any expert who is willing to help me in analysis of the bill, I'm having the final bill which is different from the Estimate and also insurance liability assessment.

Attachments

Top Bottom