Instrument Cluster Colour Change for Alto

Thread Starter #1
A word to Mods/Admins :- Yeh, yeh i know we have a similar thread here. by one of our member deville_56. Thanks bro !!
and secondly please leave this thread centre-aligned. Thank You !!

BUT, here's the reason for a new one

1) That was for Estilo,
2) No working process pics included
3) Not much detailed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, here's a new one, i did a colour change to my alto, for n00bs this simple task can take around 2 hours, for geeks, it hardly takes 30mins.

***Click on the Images to Enlarge***

So, let's start, the DIY

Before we start, instrument panel is of this type

Use a screwdriver set to take out the top two screws

After the two screws are removed, you can pull the cluster cover slowly,

Now pull out the cluster cover with some twists, u might as well need to move the steering wheel round & round, and this panel extends to ur A/C chamber vents.
Hurray, it's taken out now,

Now remove the 4 screws, with a screwdriver, they have been circled in the pic below, 4th screw u can jus hav an idea, i cudn't fit it into pic

After all 4 screws have been removed, slowly pull out the console towards urself, then tilt it upwards and pull it upwards, u may need to fiddle with ur parking button over your steering

And here it's out

Now, starts the actual job, slowly turn the speedo console in an angle that you are able to see the bottom of it, it has a green leaf patch with circuits drawn and many other components.

Now, very carefully and slowly take out the circled bulbs by rotating them anti-clockwise direction.

Bulbs holder seen from left of the steering

Bulb holder seen from right of the steering

Rotate them anti-clockwise and and pull down, they will come out, and here's how they look like, the green ones are circled, green are the ones i have just taken out, blue are the ones i am gonna put.

Time to put a blue colour bulb, i have the blue bulb as well as the blue covering/balloon, it doesn't matter if u don't have the balloon, but the bulb should be colour for the final result.

Now, put those new blue bulbs in there, the way u took the previous one out, slowly and this time u have to rotate the bulb to clockwise direction.

Now put the console back in it's area, slowly and tighten the 4 screws one by one diagonally,

After the screws have been put it's to bring in the Instrument Panel Cover back, start by putting it from the AC Vents, and then adjusting it above the steering column, and fitting in the right way.

Screw the 2 top screws of the Panel Cover, and it should like this now,

And everything fixed back in flow :-

And now here' the result. [Thanks to my 5MP Cam]
Work Done in daytime and shots take at night.

Thank You For Reading

Wow! That's a pretty neat job, and a neat DIY guide. The panel looks cool blue now, good job. Unluckily I don't have a donor car to try this on.

Great DIY Amit. I have been thinking of this since long but somehow i couldnt find time. But now with such a detailed explaination, i dont think i will stay with my boring cluster. Thanks a ton for this thread.

BTW can you mention the rating of that bulb?

Thread Starter #5
BTW can you mention the rating of that bulb?
i don't think, i can help you with that, it was for 7rs and without packaging or anything, but it was new for sure, nor did i bother to ask about volt rating nor was the dealear generous enough. [evil]

Hey, this is off topic, but after that DIY, i went to car wash, (Diwali offer Car wash Outside and Inside for just Rs.100 ONLY) with shampoo and polish, usually it's 125,

and my ride blings now [lol]

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
What's that black substance he is smearing on your tyres?
i used to get my car washed from him from bout 2 years, but he recently started tyre polishing as well, this was the first time, he said me it's good and i hav been his customer for long, i thought it's worth trying, and the tyres look much much better now, [clap]

i used to get my car washed from him from bout 2 years, but he recently started tyre polishing as well, this was the first time, he said me it's good and i hav been his customer for long, i thought it's worth trying, and the tyres look much much better now, [clap]
But my Maruti and Honda guy always polishes the wheels after the wash. Also the polish which is applied on my cars is white in colour!

Thread Starter #9
But my Maruti and Honda guy always polishes the wheels after the wash. Also the polish which is applied on my cars is white in colour!
Could be some different brand, whatsover be the process, it's the end result, that's the tyres must shine like new and safe [glasses]

deville_56

Honoured Member
A word to Mods/Admins :- Yeh, yeh i know we have a similar thread here. by one of our member deville_56. Thanks bro !!​

[clap] good one [:)]

I'm back to stock. My red bulb turned black, the cover thing burned out. Put back stock bulb without blue cap. It's really bright, brighter than stock. Blue one looks good. Saw Philips Blue Vision park light bulbs, quoted 180 for pair. Is it the same?​

I'm back to stock. My red bulb turned black, the cover thing burned out. Put back stock bulb without blue cap. It's really bright, brighter than stock. Blue one looks good. Saw Philips Blue Vision park light bulbs, quoted 180 for pair. Is it the same?
Hey Deville, can the philips bulb mentioned by you be used for this purpose?

Thread Starter #12

I'm back to stock. My red bulb turned black, the cover thing burned out. Put back stock bulb without blue cap. It's really bright, brighter than stock. Blue one looks good. Saw Philips Blue Vision park light bulbs, quoted 180 for pair. Is it the same?
nah, it's not branded one like Philips, i got for Rs.7, but hey, less money doesn't always means bad quality, it's giving me good illumination, and i wont be surprised if it blows off in 7 days, after it wasn't branded one
-----------Next Post-----------
Hey Deville, can the philips bulb mentioned by you be used for this purpose?
No, the parking bulbs are slightly fatter than the instrument panel bulbs, u can't use them [anger], dealer told me this thing today only

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
nah, it's not branded one like Philips, i got for Rs.7, but hey, less money doesn't always means bad quality, it's giving me good illumination, and i wont be surprised if it blows off in 7 days, after it wasn't branded one
Didnt mean its bad. I could spot only Philips [evil]

No, the parking bulbs are slightly fatter than the instrument panel bulbs, u can't use them [anger], dealer told me this thing today only
I'm using normal parklight bulbs. The one I colored red turned black [frustration]. I put the bulb from the side indicator. It fts well. Only the AC switches got LED sized small ones.

Didnt mean its bad. I could spot only Philips [evil]

I'm using normal parklight bulbs. The one I colored red turned black [frustration]. I put the bulb from the side indicator. It fts well. Only the AC switches got LED sized small ones.
So that means i can use parking bulbs/side indicator bulb for this purpose.
As for AC switches, i am not going to alter them.

Thread Starter #15
So that means i can use parking bulbs/side indicator bulb for this purpose.
As for AC switches, i am not going to alter them.
oh yeh, ac panel left, i forgot it at that time, but later realized, it looks bad as of now in green, i wanna change that blue, does anyone know where are the bulbs for ac [confused]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom