INGCO Electric Cordless Impact Wrench

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys ! yet another tool has been added to my arsenal .The product is a cordless impact wrench form INGCO.
WHY IMPACT WRENCH :
For a while i have been wrenching on bolts and nuts and being a DIYer I can spend limited time only for my projects and vehicle maintenance .
I usually end-up getting bruised over my knuckles and palms after a session of service of the vehicles I own.
So in order to speed up the process of getting off and putting on bolts and nuts I chose to buy an Electric wrench.
Being able to carry the tool while travelling was also a priority .Access to electric supply especially for road side repairs and off -road were also a consideration for going the cordless way .
BUDGET:
since the use of the wrench was not for commercial use I dint want to invest heavily on well branded products like MAKITA or DEWALT.
And nor was I interested in random Chinese companies selling their products online.
INGCO company has an established line of products and users in SEasian countries and hence my choice for their product as it was also budget friendly.
Found seller on amazon and I had also opined with other TAIgers on the forum for their suggestions before i went ahead and got the impact wrench .
Here I am sharing the product over view and my initial thoughts with the impact wrench .
Slide1.JPG

PACKAGING :
comes in a small cardboard box with compartment .My initial reaction was whether this "tiny piece "of tool do any justice with what it claims to do as per product specifications.
Slide2.JPG

CONTENTS :
1)impact wrench
2)2 nos 20V 2.0AH rechargable Li-ion battery pack
3)battery charger
4)3 nos impact sockets :17 mm,19 mm,21 mm
5)belt clip with screw
6)tool bag
Slide3.JPG

DESIGN OF IMPACT TOOL:
the tool head is smaller than expected when compared to a pneumatic wrench .
very small foot print when the battery pack is installed .The weight is well balanced and the rubber grip is good to hold on .
The plastic are very hard and no creaking sound when twisted .
The head is made of aluminium it seems and doesn't have any protective coating of plastic on surface ;so dings and scratches will be visible in future.
This impact wrench has a "brushless motor " and comes with an electric clutch brake that stops the anvil from rotating as soon as the trigger switch is released.
Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Black hard plastic forward and reverse toggle switches are conveniently placed so it the trigger switch .
The head of the wrench is 1/2 inch square drive with a "hog ring "and detent pin for attachment of the socket .
Slide6.JPG

The remainder of the head is protected with textured rubber for grip .
At the front there is a single LED bulb which turns on when the trigger is pressed .
Slide7.JPG

Thread Starter #2
Continued ..
BATTERY pack and CHARGING DOCK :
this tool comes with rechargeable Li-ion battery back and claims life of about 4 hrs of continuous usage .
Very easy to use clip -on clip- off method for installation and removal from tool and on the charging dock .
the battery pack carries battery life indicator showing the expected remaining percentage charge on the battery
Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Slide11.JPG

The battery takes close to 45 mins for a full charging which is decent considering we have a second pack to keep the work going uninterrupted !
The machine has a built in temperature cut off mechanism which shuts down the tool if the core temperatures exceed safety levels after prolonged usage.
The base of the tool has an indicator for slow or high speed impact that can be used only on the clockwise direction and while in rotation only .I haven't figured out about this yet and will post my findings in future
Slide15.JPG

The tool comes along with 3 sizes of shallow impact sockets of 17mm ,19mm,21mm.
Slide13.JPG

A handy tool bag for storage and transport of the tool also is a useful addition .
Slide14.JPG

So that's it for my initial review of this tool .
Thoughts after initial usage:
I have charged the batteries to full capacity before use and have read the manual once for some basic understanding the tool .
On the wheel lug nuts of M800,they easily came off without any difficulty.
But with the Fortuner wheel lug nuts torqued to 105Nm.,the wrench did struggle initially .
I hadn't removed the central hub ornament during first try .
Second attempt I removed the ornament and then tried ,Lo behold the lug nut came out more easily .
And also i observed that the shallow sockets weren't able to grip the longer wheel lug nuts
I need to buy deep impact sockets for the TANTORS wheel lug nuts.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
That a very nice tool you bought.And I must say the price is very competitive too. Congratulations !!.I am sure it will be very helpful in almost all of your DIYs.
Why couldn't it open fortuners bolt? Max torque capacity is 300 NM right?

Thread Starter #4
Like I mentioned,the shallow socket was barely holding to the long lugnuts of the Fortuner.Will get a deep socket and try.The lug nut does come off but with a deep socket it should be safer and less damaging to the lug nut

Thread Starter #5
Tool update:
As I had mentioned before ,I have purchased a new 21mm deep well impact socket for removal of lug nuts from the fortuner .
The new socket is a chrome molybdenum socket and is nearly 2 times in size and weight of the regular 21mm impact socket provided by Ingco.
Its black and has a matt finish to the color .Costed me Rs 260 in JC road .
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG

I have put it to use on the fortuner lug bolts and now its zipped off with minimal effort(Torque for lug bolt is 105N.m) when compared with the regular 21mm socket .
The lesser effort put in by the impact wrench is perceivable by the reduced noise and vibration when compared to the regular 21 mm socket .

Also used the impact wrench during my maintenance work on the fork oil replacement and speedometer cable replacement on the scooty pep plus as thee is time at hand due to COVID -19 home isolation .Very satisfied with the purchase .Saves time and effort to zip-off bolts and put them back [cheers]

I am interested in buying this for diy repairs too! how would you rate this compared to Makita clones from China? in terms of build quality and nut busting torque? must of the Chinese clones seem to top out at 110 Nm

Thread Starter #7
Hey, most DIYers wont need higher than 150Nm; if only you are into doing engine jobs and suspension you may get away with this machine easily .Use deep well sockets for higher torque jobs .As i mentioned its meant really for doing DIY jobs and wont survive the rigorous workload in a professional jobs where multiple people handle the tool .
Know its limitations and use breaker bar for very tight high torque bolts and then zip em out easily.For wheel nuts this easily can do the job .
Go for electrical version of this same brand instead of cordless if your work needs high torque

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Tool update:
The new socket is a chrome molybdenum socket and is nearly 2 times in size and weight of the regular 21mm impact socket provided by Ingco.The lesser effort put in by the impact wrench is perceivable by the reduced noise and vibration when compared to the regular 21 mm socket .
That's because longer socket is heavier and thicker,as you have already found out. It's wt diffuses and mutes the noise and vibration. Its composition of ch- molybdenum makes it softer than plane chrome socket and it puts out energy more effectively and efficiently from the machine to the bolts.

Last edited:
Hey, most DIYers wont need higher than 150Nm; if only you are into doing engine jobs and suspension you may get away with this machine easily .Use deep well sockets for higher torque jobs .As i mentioned its meant really for doing DIY jobs and wont survive the rigorous workload in a professional jobs where multiple people handle the tool .
Know its limitations and use breaker bar for very tight high torque bolts and then zip em out easily.For wheel nuts this easily can do the job .
Go for electrical version of this same brand instead of cordless if your work needs high torque
Need the portability though, i am getting 2 options in mumbai, the one from ingco and other by makute, both seem to be better than generic ones from china. For 8.7 and 7.2k offline. Not able to find any comprehensive reviews about either or a look at their innards!

Thread Starter #10
if the prices are closer you can go for either ;INGCO wont disappoint though .Use the spare cash for a good quality chrome moly socket set [:D]

Top Bottom