Ineffective Headlamps of Hyundai i10

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends..:))

My i10 headlamps are not good.they are bright enogh but the light beam is no spreading much.When i set the headlamp level to lowest i cant see clearly the road ahead and if i keep it to highest then i cant see the road surface clearly.Here even higher wattage bulbs wont do much help.So my question is is there a way where in we use high and low beams at the same time.In this way our road surface as well as road ahead both are very clearly visible.

hey alok
if you have problem with your current bulbs get higher wattage ones what makes you think they wont help you??
installing fog lamps might help you see the road during high beam

Thread Starter #3
Fog lamps is a good solution but with some extra money.But if we connect high with low beam then we wont have to pay anything .Also existing bulbs are enough to cause glare so higher watt bulbs will add to glare which adds to risk of accident for both oncoming vehicle and me!!

Try switching to philips power xtreme. Will let you know the result by this weekend. Another option is switching to 90/100 W with relay. However, it involves cutting the cap behind the holder. Also blinding the opposite vehicle's driver.

Thread Starter #5
@Amiti:It have stated it earlier also that i don't want to change to brighter bulbs as existing ones are very blinding for oncoming vehicles so even a little brighter bulb is very blinding.Also my car is new and in warranty.So i don't want to change its default setup.

Then the only option you have is this.

Turn on the High beam (yes I mean high beam only). After this use the headlamp leveling device and bring it to last position. This position number is "3". By doing this you get good amount of light and bcoz of position 3, you wont be blinding the opposite drivers.

Try this and let me know whether it works.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Then the only option you have is this.

Turn on the High beam (yes I mean high beam only). After this use the headlamp leveling device and bring it to last position. This position number is "3". By doing this you get good amount of light and bcoz of position 3, you wont be blinding the opposite drivers.

Try this and let me know whether it works.
In that case road is clear but the glare of oncoming car's high beam will create problem for me .

Fog lamps is a good solution but with some extra money.But if we connect high with low beam then we wont have to pay anything .Also existing bulbs are enough to cause glare so higher watt bulbs will add to glare which adds to risk of accident for both oncoming vehicle and me!!
If you use both these beams simultaneously then it will be hell unleashed for the traffic on the other side as well as for the folks in front of you.

Alternately you can use HID's with projectors for your i10.

I don know whether you can have both high-beam and low-beam at the same time! Only possible solutions are HID'S or Philips Xtreme bulbs.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, According to the things you metioned-
1. You cannot use any new stuff as your car is in warranty.
2. You are not willing to change to brighter bulbs as current ones are enough Glary.

So, The only option left is-
1. To chnage to HIgh W bulbs (You are not willing)
2. Use High as well as Low beam at same time (Not Possible IMHO, You will have to hold the "PASS" switch all the time with HLs in Lo position)
3. INSTALL FOG LAMPS FROM A.S.S.! Thats the only way.
Use high beam and Fog lamps might help you Lighting the Road surface.

@Saishibu, Buddy, How will one drive with Holding the PAss switch all the time? How will he make turns? Gear Shifts + Turns? Daring to think also!

Cheers!

@ LXI actually i ve did tat for a week when my switch broke the second day f delivery..
i guess upgrading to high watts bulb ll not affect the warranty (not sure abt hyundai). my cousin upgraded his 800's in MASS.
BTW i was explaining the possibilities to him. :P

i think you can fiddle with the wires near the head lights. so that both low & high would be on all the time. it can be connected with a simple 1 inch wire.

but - can the bulb with stand the heat. leave the bulb aside, wot about the reflector

@emperor
in my i10 im using philips 100/90w bulb. after 2 year the chrome on the reflectors are looking dull and once i had bulb breakage inside reflector while driving.

Top Bottom