Ineffective Cooling from Car Air-Conditioner. Solutions?

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends.,My i10 era's ac is not effective.It is just 5 months old and the temperature of ac is not satisfactory.even if the temperature knob is set to coolest still it takes a whole lot of time to cool n still no chilling effect.In my friend's 1998 zen the ac is so good that it gives the chilling effect in initial 10 to 15 mins only.how to change the coolest level of the ac beyond the temperature knob??

re: Ineffective Air-conditioning of my Hyundai i10

clogged filters or low gas pressure might be the issue.

check with the hyundai service centre .probably they can rectify it within no time.

Since your car is new, i would suggest you to take it to the Authorized Service Center and get it inspected. The i10 AC is pretty effective, be it old gen or the current gen.

Also switch on the Re-circulation with AC which helps the cabin get cool quicker.

first thing check re-circulation button . Also i never set my i10 AC knob to highest as it get very cold in car and i am not using any sun-film . so i will ask you get your car checked ASS they might able to fix it .

Re: Ineffective Air-conditioning of my Hyundai i10

I think everybody has told you what to do already , i also suggest the same.

Maybe because of the searing heat also you may have a feeling the AC is not cooling properly.

Thread Starter #6
Since your car is new, i would suggest you to take it to the Authorized Service Center and get it inspected. The i10 AC is pretty effective, be it old gen or the current gen.

Also switch on the Re-circulation with AC which helps the cabin get cool quicker.
I meant maruti zen 1998 not the old gen..!!that car did not have any sun film.

The ac is always set on re circulation only.if the reason is the filter or gas prob then would it negatively affect the pickup or mileage after rectifying it?bcos its pic up already is very poor after i i switch on the ac.

Last edited by a moderator:

why are you sacred that much you brought the car with your hard earned money . you have full right kick there butt if your car is not working atleast i always do .

master, hyundai A.S.S. is a big joke. They just keep mum whenever you complaint. A friend of mine has filed a case in consumer court for the steering rattle, however they are trying hard to ignore it.

That's the sole reason for dropping sales on hyundai cars.

you are in pune else i could have asked my mechanic to look at your car .

BTW any luck on your sx4 search

On SX4 side no luck as yet. Adopted a wait and watch approach currently.

Re: Ineffective Air-conditioning of My Hyundai i10

Alok, did you get the AC checked, any updates?

If it is not a compressor oil leakage / compressor failure / gas leakage, it can be due to

Compressor belt loosening
Electrical connections / fuse - On-OFF issues

Check & revert

if ac is not working properly then there are 2 issues only first is cooling grill which is behind dash board in zen i dont know in i10 get it checked and cleaned its not costly at all second is gas pressure which can be a issue as when gas pressure is low engine gets suffered , and both these things dont require hundie service to look as they can be self checked please not the gas pressure in the bottle and if its low then complaint about leakage if its not then due to some reason the grill has chocked get it cleaned by any local guy, please do tell me after words if i was of some assistance[:)]

Ac not cooling effectively

I am facing a problem, in my alto ac is not cooling effectively, the vent focused on face, feels the cool coming but not effective. what is the issue it could be?. Just serviced ac before 10k kilometer.! advice pls

Top Bottom