Indicators Problem in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

My maruti 800 is 1997 model and it runs fine mechanically there aren't any problems with it. I purchased this from maruti true value in RNS motors Yeshwanthpur about 6 months ago and everything is fine except for one strange problem. I had been to the railway station today to drop off my relative and while i left home after some distance suddenly the indicators stopped working. The headlights were fine but indicators just wouldn't work. i had faced this problem before once but after a few days it just became ok again and till today they were working fine. i am wondering what might be the issue. Anyone faced similar problem with their car ?? pls advise [confused]

Thread Starter #3
Thanks sumitsinha12, any idea where should i start looking? ? underneath the dashboard or in the engine bay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
Ok i will go through it once. I really dont know much about my 800 but i love the car and i am really interested to understand most of the things :) the main reason i joined TAI. Cheers..

First check the fuse and the relay, they might have lose due to running over pot holes or bad roads.

The relay is located below the dash towards right corner. Check if relay makes click sound if yes its working or get a new one costs you 40 rs.

Thread Starter #8
Hello varun,

I checked the fuse box as you suggested here are few pictures i took while i was at it. Also i removed the relay and turned on high beam (flasher) it worked. there is no clicking noise coming from the relay when i connect it back and turned the indicators. headlights are working fine. Is the relay dead??

Attachments

See the diagram on the fuse box it indicates the fuse position, I guess 2 fuses are missing. Here is a pic.
You can pull out the can by pressing it on both sides.
Note : As in the pic start from left to right (it is located same in your car)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Vishnu,
Welcome to TAI! I too own a M800 type 1 (1996 blue). I will search my comp for pictures of the Indicator relay & will post it here. It will be the same length as a AA battery & is usually in black colour with 3points (connection/probes) it fits in the fuse box. Usually when this thing goes lose it stops the indicators.

Ss80

Thread Starter #15
Hi ss80,
Happy to be among the car lovers, its amazing to know how so many of us share a unique bond with our rides. Happy to see so many M800 owners here. Cheers [:D]

Top Bottom