India's Most Trusted Auto Brand

Most trusted auto brand in India?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
According to Brand Trust Advisory Report 2012, Maruti Suzuki has been declared the most trusted auto brand in India. But as we have all heard the adage of 'lies, damned lies, and statistics', let's suggest what we think is the best auto brand in India. The report also includes two wheeler brands but since this is a purely subjective poll, for the sake of simplicity let's keep it limited to four wheelers for the time being. Keeping out certain brands for obvious reasons (and the fact that the maximum choices are 15 - HM, Mitsubishi, Renault, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc owners :sorry:). So, pour in with your suggestions !

Link to the news can be found here: 'Maruti most trusted auto brand' - Indian Express

Last edited:
I think the truth has to be accepted that Maruti with its wide dealership network and reliable and cheap to maintain cars make them the most trusted brand in India. I know several of my friend's dad who blindly say only Maruti and no other brand! They have been here for a long time and they have established themselves , so it must be difficult to shake that mentality amongst the people until Maruti themselves screw them up.

Yes Maruti cars do face some repairs but you can trust their A.S.S to solve it. I have also come across some ownership reports stating very bad experiences with Maruti and it's A.S.S but generally there are far more happy owners than the sad ones.

Next i will put the Jap/Korean giants Honda , Toyota and Hyundai.

For me its Toyota,having owned Mahindras(Armada and Scorpio),Tatas(Indigo and Safari),Hyundai(i-10),MS(Swift),Toyota(Innova and Corolla).I can bet on Toyota,I don't find anyone as good as they are.

Don't get me wrong if i go biased, But Maruti has played an vital role in Indian lives, where the people with potential to buy cars say i have booked a "Maruti Car" with pride which in turn makes the most trusted Indian Brand.

And the 800 which had been the original people's car makes lives easier to commute,Was easily reachable to middle income group who would enjoy some amount of luxury.

Their A.S.S have been best and sustainable throughout their journey in India,They caught most of their customers through this way,and they kept their word but somewhere somehow i feel they should improve a bit.

The next in the list would be Hyundai,followed by Mahindra,Then Toyota etc...

If it was the best auto brand in india, then I would have gone for something else. But the most trusted brand? no doubt, its Maruti Suzuki. It has won the hearts of many people despite some A.S.S issues with few people.

"Bajaj" and I am sure everyone has to agree to this :-)
I don't agree with bajaj, Hero Honda( Hero motocorp) is my trusted brand since we are owning our beloved splendor past 16 years and till today the bike hasn't given up and says bring it on!.

^^^^ hmm, maybe but right now we are talking about the four-wheelers! [:)]
This thread is dedicated also for two wheels because, they play an majority role in our country.

No prizes for guessing it's undoubtedly Maruti, let's see till when they are able to keep this tag as both Indian consumer and market is opening up and they are feeling the heat.

The reason behind it is the large service network, dealers everywhere, maintenance is cheap. You also get a good car for a good price which everyone wants. So its maruti suzuki, the best. There are more trusted brands but they are premium brands. To common Indian people, its Maruti Suzuki & the 2nd is Hyundai I guess with the large number of santro's or maybe the Chevrolet :tongue:

350Z

Core Team
From overall perspective, Maruti Suzuki is a respectable and most trusted brand in India. Some manufacturers are overtaking it of late, like Hyundai, Toyota and Honda (Latter carrying an expensive image though). I think it will be fair if we divide the poll on basis of segments (Low-end, Mid-range, High-end cars) because it is not fair to put Maruti and Mercedes in a same comparison since Maruti is trusted for small cars while Mercedes remains unshakable as premium brand vis-a-vis Audi and BMW.
This thread is dedicated also for two wheels because, they play an majority role in our country.
Perhaps we can have a different topic for that discussion because this thread is in Indian car scene.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The reason behind it is the large service network, dealers everywhere, maintenance is cheap. You also get a good car for a good price which everyone wants. So its maruti suzuki, the best.
Why? Because they read Indian minds and have been successful,so that's the reason they are sustainable.

There are more trusted brands but they are premium brands.
Toyota is an example

To common Indian people, its Maruti Suzuki & the 2nd is Hyundai I guess with the large number of santro's or maybe the Chevrolet
Because the common Indian people are in large nos. in the country.

Why? Because they read Indian minds and have been successful,so that's the reason they are sustainable.
+1. That's what I meant to say.

Toyota is an example
Again +1 on that.
But saying premium brands, I really meant companies like BMW, Merc, Audi etc. [;)]

Because the common Indian people are in large nos. in the country.
Yeah, when compared to low-end cars. There are more maruti suzuki than any other.

I think it will be fair if we divide the poll on basis of segments (Low-end, Mid-range, High-end cars) because it is not fair to put Maruti and Mercedes in a same comparison since Maruti is trusted for small cars while Mercedes remains unshakable as premium brand vis-a-vis Audi and BMW.
+1.
In mid & high end cars, Maruti is not the most trusted in my opinion. In high end cars, obviously it isn't.

Top Bottom