India's Most Reputed Car Manufacturers and Models!

lxi.

Suspended
Re: just like that

Lol!
I also think that the list is created by some group of people/single person on thier personal liking.
Honda should have been atleast the 3rd place in the manufaccturers list. Isnt city and civic reputed?
The list should have been created like this-
1. Maruti suzuki
2.hyundai
3. Honda
4. Tata
5. Ford / mahindra.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
Let me know who are those who dislike Audis? Most people dont have audis. NO OFFENCE.
The thing is that most people have - Suzukis, hyundais, hondas, toyotas, tatas and mahindras. Here in this big community, with thousands of petrolheads, max. 10-20 will have Audi with them. I myself own a honda, maruti and mahindra.
The reputed cars must be those which are affordable by mid-hi class families like the Civic, Altis, etc.

According to a benchmark study for the auto sector by Bluebytes -

India's most reputed car companies :

1) Maruti Suzuki
2) Mahindra
3) TATA
4) Hyundai
5) Audi
6) Mercedes
7) Skoda
8) Ford
9) BMW
10) Honda
11) Renault
12) Volkswagen
13) Toyota
14) Nissan
15) Fiat
16) Chevrolet
17) Jaguar
18) Porsche
19) Ferrari

India's 30 most reputed cars :

1) Mahindra XUV5OO
2) TATA Nano
3) Maruti Dzire
4) Mahindra Scorpio
5) Audi R8
6) Maruti Ertiga
7) Ford Fiesta
8) Hyundai i20
9) Maruti Alto
10) Maruti Omni
11) Audi Q3
12) Audi A6
13) Mahindra Xylo
14) Audi Q5
15) Audi Q7
16) Audi A4
17) Ford Endeavour
18) Honda Brio
19) Renault Koleos
20) Maruti Wagon R
21) Maruti 800
22) Maruti SX4
23) Hyundai i10
24) Nissan Micra
25) Mini
26) Mahindra Bolero
27) Reva
28) BMW 3 series
29) Porsche911
30) BMW 7 series

Source : Asian Age
Was this list published on 1st April ? [lol]

According to a benchmark study for the auto sector by Bluebytes -

India's most reputed car companies :

1) Maruti Suzuki
2) Mahindra
3) TATA
4) Hyundai
5) Audi
6) Mercedes
7) Skoda
8) Ford
9) BMW
10) Honda
11) Renault
12) Volkswagen
13) Toyota
14) Nissan
15) Fiat
16) Chevrolet
17) Jaguar
18) Porsche
19) Ferrari
It looks like they have first of all went to some mall and made the survey,their they found all the Maruti cars and hence they put Maruti on first.Then they went to a taxi stand there they found a lot of Boleros and Indicas and hence M&M and Tata on 3rd and 4th step(they haven't found Innova because they are found mostly as BPO cabs etc but not found parked most of the time waiting for someone to come and hire them).Same way story went on and they came us with this list which looks more like their personal choices than any practical list.

In my views top five must be:-
1):Maruti suzuki..Why?Because they are really the best and offer the best of all worlds,at least in India.
2):Toyota...Why?Reliability if their second name,after owning Marutis,Tatas,Mahindras,Skoda and Toyotas,I can say that Toyotas are really the best cars you can buy in India.And most of the people buy Toyota cars only on the name itself.And what's great is that none of them can be found regretting the decision..[clap]
3):Honda..Why?All of their cars are respected,they are second name for quality and best balance for ride-handling-comfort and overall running costs.(don't bring the crude diesels here,I can't discuss diesel vs petrol any more).
4):Hyundai...Why?Because just like Maruti they too offer decent quality and tremendously VFM products.
5):M&M...Why?Desi manufacturer which makes really some of the most durable cars like Bolero whose owners still swear on the dinosaur bones of their cars.

India's 30 most reputed cars :

1) Mahindra XUV5OO
2) TATA Nano
3) Maruti Dzire
4) Mahindra Scorpio
5) Audi R8
6) Maruti Ertiga
7) Ford Fiesta
8) Hyundai i20
9) Maruti Alto
10) Maruti Omni
11) Audi Q3
12) Audi A6
13) Mahindra Xylo
14) Audi Q5
15) Audi Q7
16) Audi A4
17) Ford Endeavour
18) Honda Brio
19) Renault Koleos
20) Maruti Wagon R
21) Maruti 800
22) Maruti SX4
23) Hyundai i10
24) Nissan Micra
25) Mini
26) Mahindra Bolero
27) Reva
28) BMW 3 series
29) Porsche911
30) BMW 7 series

Source : Asian Age
ERTIGA!!!(even 90% of people don't even know what car is this)Now this crap list is a true joke,I think they went by the waiting periods and hence kept XUV at the top,Nano being cheapest on second and DZire again being the waiting hero on the third position,in my views this list should have been some thing like this:-
1):Maruti Wagon-R...Whatever one may say but the sheer practicality and flexibility this car offers makes it the best small car/city car a person can buy in India.
2):Maruti DZire..However way this car rides and handles,still people swear on this car and the smashing VFM it offers.
3):Honda City:This car has a segment of its own,any person spending 9 lacs first of all thinks of this car and if he can buy a petrol one then he buys this car,because this car offers the best of all worlds.
4):Toyota Fortuner...This car is still a head turner and has some serious reputation too.You take it at any place and people pay attention towards this car.
5):Mahindra XUV 500..(Not Innova because its not reputed as a car..but its reputed as a comfy CAB),definitely this is a new entrant but has really gained some serious reputation.

Was this list published on 1st April ? [lol]
Quite funny...

s class, you are really funny!
I almost jumped up from car's seat after reading this!
So you visit TAI be sitting in your car..that's quite an enthusiasm..:biggrin:

Everyone apart from jayadev spouted their opinions. And these opinions differ.

Just because certain cars do not sell in vast numbers dos not mean that wouldn't have I high reputation with the public. Many of the cars that have a high rep[utation will be a distant dream as they will not be affordable.

Working in the automotive field much longer than most members on here live, I have seen a lot of misconceptions about reputation.

It is a bit like thinking nobody wants to go to McDonalds. Why is it than that in recent years in established cities like London for some years every year 100 new of their restaurants have been build. Certainly not because they are empty.

Recently I spoke to some people about Hyundai. They didn't believe how popuilar Hyundai became. Hyundai said only a few years ago that they would be within 5 years the No. 4.

Fiat being number 13 was laughing. Despite owning 58.5% of Chrysler, both companies combined can't get Fiat before Hyundai. Fiats markets shares are stagnating in key markets and Hyundai increases.

The praised quality of Honda does not hold true. Honda is in a deep crisis and the CEO has appointed a team to get sales back by getting back to high quality standards.

The biggest reliability of Toyota currently is the recall list. In 3 years close to 1.s crore recalls in countries where the law forces rectification is an unbeatable world record.

What we might want to think and what our personal perception might be, does not guarantee that we represent the perception of the masses.

What we might want to think and what our personal perception might be, does not guarantee that we represent the perception of the masses.
I have observed the media and ignorance of masses being only two culprits here.
We Indians are ready to accept or opine on any kind of crumb thrown at us....sad but true.

One thing confirms crystal clear that we Indians Lags Zest in Technicalities with a huge magnitude when compared to rest of the world.
we keep ourselves contained with colors,numbers,opinions,theories et al.

lxi.

Suspended
So you visit TAI be sitting in your car..that's quite an enthusiasm..:biggrin:
:lol!: I am logged in through my mobile nowadays. Company will be providing a new laptop in 1 month. I always log on to TAI when the Net is connected ASAP. Yes, It is enthusiasm. Actually, To be true, I was stuck in a traffic jam and had no other way to spend time!
10) Maruti Omni
Just read This! Lol!

Last edited:
Why LOL Bro? It is still the Cheapest Utility Van where one can get in India and which has served/still serving well for many people with family members of 5+.
You are right buddy,the Omni has the following reputation points:-
1):Cheapest Utility van.
2):Looks like a bread box.
3):Its is very safe because it can't overspeed.
4):Its very unsafe because it can't be controlled even at 60 kph if goes out of control.
5):It loves turning-turning turtle.
6):Even older movies too had this car being used by kidnappers etc.

And many more...SEE THIS CAR IS REALLY REPUTED..:lol!:

economy segment.

Manufacturer.

Maruti suzuki enjoys the best reputation in India in economy segment.

Fiat India have worst reputation.

Car.

Maruti Suzuki swift have the best car rep considering the accountability.

Fiat punto, the worst one with worst service and niggles.

premium segment

Mercedez Benz- manufacturer and car.

Indians have M-Benz, hardwired into brain as the best.

You are right buddy,the Omni has the following reputation points:-
1):Cheapest Utility van.
2):Looks like a bread box.
3):Its is very safe because it can't overspeed.
4):Its very unsafe because it can't be controlled even at 60 kph if goes out of control.
5):It loves turning-turning turtle.

And many more...SEE THIS CAR IS REALLY REPUTED..:lol!:
Whatever maybe the pros and cons, Omni in my mind is still the best reputed Van. Criticisms welcome.

6):Even older movies too had this car being used by kidnappers etc.
[lol] And i have seen many members in my family giving the same opinion on the Omni.

Top Bottom