India's Most Overrated and Underrated Cars.

so much popular these cars are ,yet how much review you find in forums ?
I find it scarce just because of certain anti mentality spread everywhere.
same hold true for Taxi segments cars like Indica and vista.
owners either shy away or ignore forums and enjoy real world.
This is true. While I was searching for reviews, there arent too many ownership reviews of the swift/Dzire/ritz etc. But you can find a lot of owners sharing their reviews on Punto/Polo/i20/figo/jazz.

This is strange, as swift/Dzire/ritz is sold around 10 times that of the others. [thinking]

There is one simple reason for that:
On the forum you find the people for whom the cars are not just an A to B point moving convenience.For we people cars are much more than that and hence the cars most of the time discussed here are the one in which you talk to the front wheels while driving it.

Thread Starter #48
Its just matter of few fraction of inches, one should be able to adjust.
anywhere ever did you hear somebody could not push in his legs becoz they are cramped ?

tell me which car doesn't rattle in this economy side of price point?
even world famous VW polo is rattling even my punto is rattling ..

I feel it!!! people talking against Suzuki cars just because they are popular. and lost uniqueness.

so much popular these cars are ,yet how much review you find in forums ?
I find it scarce just because of certain anti mentality spread everywhere.
same hold true for Taxi segments cars like Indica and vista.
owners either shy away or ignore forums and enjoy real world.

I never said they are truth excerpts from Gospels.
Yes all rattle but maruti cars in general rattle a lot and much early in the ownership the sheet metal used is also thin .
One can't compare the space of dezire with sunny, manza, etios which come in the same price point the question is not about any 1 feeling cramped the question is inspite knowing this people buy as tsi vipul said more of a herd mentality .
And the cost of ownership of maruti cars is less is also illusion swift and dezire are as expensive to maintain like a fabia and polo .

Thread Starter #49
Yes I agree to Jayadev, even my Punto rattles. But the point I made was, What Swift/DZire is providing, similar or more other cars in the same category provides, still people follow buying trend of this cars. Hence, I said those are overrated. And I think so many of us would agree, that there are cars better than Swift/Dzire in same category.
+100 exactly that is the point.

And the cost of ownership of maruti cars is less is also illusion swift and dezire are as expensive to maintain like a fabia and polo .
can you provide reference to prove it?

On the forum you find the people for whom the cars are not just an A to B point moving convenience.
which car would u prefer for daily commute,

one popular car which have surplus spare parts easily available throughout the country or

one which don't have ?

Thread Starter #51
can you provide reference to prove it?

which car would u prefer for daily commute,

one popular car which have surplus spare parts easily available throughout the country or

one which don't have ?
My freind owns a swift zdiin the first year service cost was 9500 another owns a fabia service cost 10,000 though I will call them and give exact details.
About spares hands down maruti wins no debate on that.

My freind owns a swift zdiin the first year service cost was 9500 another owns a fabia service cost 10,000 though I will call them and give exact details.
About spares hands down maruti wins no debate on that.
Punto :- one year ownership or upto 30000km is going to cost me Rs6000 max as per regular service...how the heck it can go upto rs.9500
Anticipating your replies with details.

For me, the new Dzire is more of practical swift. Good for city use & can carry something in it after shopping & buying of essential goods from markets.

Infact, we own only a single hatch-back, i10 which is due for replacement. Planning to replace this with Dzire Vxi/Vdi. But still confused [confused].
What I require is good FE in city driving & ease of maneuverability.

Cost of maintainence :

Swift has a service every 5k kms. Typical cost of service = Rs. 2500
Punto has a service every 15k kms. Typical cost of service = Rs. 7000-8000

So, it is basically neck to neck.

Thread Starter #55
Cost of maintainence :

Swift has a service every 5k kms. Typical cost of service = Rs. 2500
Punto has a service every 15k kms. Typical cost of service = Rs. 7000-8000

So, it is basically neck to neck.
exactly the same for polo and fabia so the cost come same as the swift.

Now it looks like the point is proving itself.There are a lot of cars better than Swift but still swift is selling more than double that those cars sell in combined.This is called over-rated.

I am the latest buyer of the most overrated car new dezire LDI [:D]
Bit I 20 sucks in my view... VW AND skoda ASS is pathetic. Honda doesnt have a diesel.

So maybe i dint have a choice [clap]

Thread Starter #58
For me, the new Dzire is more of practical swift. Good for city use & can carry something in it after shopping & buying of essential goods from markets.

Infact, we own only a single hatch-back, i10 which is due for replacement. Planning to replace this with Dzire Vxi/Vdi. But still confused [confused].
What I require is good FE in city driving & ease of maneuverability.
Why not give a try the etios or manza or fiesta classic ( you will just love the dynamics of fiesta )

Top Bottom