India's Most Overrated and Underrated Cars.

Tata Indica : IMO nobody dared to rate it so far.
when a sumo and a Taxi premier padmini mated, came out Indica . (hell of space and noise still a comfy car)
it is a stand alone product.

Tata Indica : IMO nobody dared to rate it so far.
when a sumo and a Taxi premier padmini mated, came out Indica . (hell of space and noise still a comfy car)
it is a stand alone product.
There is a big reason for not rating the Indica.What it is?
Simple this car is spot on,neither it is over-rated(nearly no one respects it)
Nor it is under rated(everyone praises its spaciousness,FE and VFM nature).
So,who can dare to rate this car?

There are a lot of cars like the Indica which have been just spot on,in fact have been mini revolutions in the market like:-
Indica.
Qualis.
Maruti 800.
Maruti Wagon R(Wagon R is not bought by any person,what the person buys is practicality,flexibility and utility...when all combine,it makes a Wagon-R,the best family car one can buy in India under 4-4.5 lacs)
Tata Sumo.
And a lot more...

Looking at the lists by people, most of them are based on their own likes and dislikes associated with the brand. It is pointless IMO.

Although the post below makes sense.

Take it this way guys,in fact let me give two examples:-
1):Maruti Suzuki DZire:This car hasn't got any special treatment,neither ride,handling,safety,comfort any thing you name and you will find that this car has all the ingredients but not in sufficient amount,still its ruling the market...ITS CALLED OVERRATED

2):Fiat Punto:Definitely good car,solid built,decent performer(I haven't said great),good FE,great ride and handling as well as safety...still Punto is not selling in even 1/4th of the numbers it deserve..ITS CALLED UNDERRATED...Am I right guys?

one dreams of buying i20 or fiat punto but even the base(diesel) models starts from 6 lacs and ends up buying tata indica or alto

Take it this way guys,in fact let me give two examples:-
1):Maruti Suzuki DZire:This car hasn't got any special treatment,neither ride,handling,safety,comfort any thing you name and you will find that this car has all the ingredients but not in sufficient amount,still its ruling the market...ITS CALLED OVERRATED

2):Fiat Punto:Definitely good car,solid built,decent performer(I haven't said great),good FE,great ride and handling as well as safety...still Punto is not selling in even 1/4th of the numbers it deserve..ITS CALLED UNDERRATED...Am I right guys?

The example of Swift/DZire can even be used in schools to make kids understand the meaning of "Overrated". It is THE most overrated car in the country..

Swift/DZire
Most practical and countable car in India .I wonder how they are over rated?

they are very fuel efficient,look wise appealing and good interior as well.
and mech specifications at par with rest..
and the best part is the service back up manufacture provide... amid moderate to nil government laws for it.

so is it jealousy speaking or one's own biased views ?

By far Suzuki cars are best buy at present in India if long waiting period is ignored.

I find Suzuki cars are neither over rated no underrated ,they are just as they are.

But yes people do exaggerate a lot like travelling in swift gave them outer space feel etc or it has jet propulsion etc.

Thread Starter #42

and the best part is the service back up manufacture provide... amid moderate to nil government laws for it.

By far Suzuki cars are best buy at present in India if long waiting period is ignored.

I find Suzuki cars are neither over rated no underrated ,they are just as they are.

But yes people do exaggerate a lot like travelling in swift gave them outer space feel etc or it has jet propulsion etc.
How is a dezire practical ? U mean because it has a boot ? Space wise both car are not good atall liva, vista, etios and manza beat them hollow.

About looks its subjective not every one like the looks of dezire and swift ( I personally like swift) and interiors iam sorry they rattle a lot .

Fuel efficient yes they are , ass no doubt they are one of the best .

There are no baised view and jealousy here the views of every one are about how the percive every car and there is nothing wrong about it atall .

Maruti Suzuki cars are not over rated or under rated is your view and that's fine but many disagree and the thread is all about that every members view on which they find most over rated and under rated cars.

How is a dezire practical ? U mean because it has a boot ? Space wise both car are not good atall liva, vista, etios and manza beat them hollow.
Its just matter of few fraction of inches, one should be able to adjust.
anywhere ever did you hear somebody could not push in his legs becoz they are cramped ?

About looks its subjective not every one like the looks of dezire and swift ( I personally like swift) and interiors iam sorry they rattle a lot .

Fuel efficient yes they are , ass no doubt they are one of the best .
tell me which car doesn't rattle in this economy side of price point?
even world famous VW polo is rattling even my punto is rattling ..

There are no baised view and jealousy here the views of every one are about how the percive every car and there is nothing wrong about it atall .
I feel it!!! people talking against Suzuki cars just because they are popular. and lost uniqueness.

so much popular these cars are ,yet how much review you find in forums ?
I find it scarce just because of certain anti mentality spread everywhere.
same hold true for Taxi segments cars like Indica and vista.
owners either shy away or ignore forums and enjoy real world.

Maruti Suzuki cars are not over rated or under rated is your view and that's fine but many disagree and the thread is all about that every members view on which they find most over rated and under rated cars.
I never said they are truth excerpts from Gospels.

tell me which car doesn't rattle in this economy side of price point?
even world famous VW polo is rattling even my punto is rattling ..
Yes I agree to Jayadev, even my Punto rattles. But the point I made was, What Swift/DZire is providing, similar or more other cars in the same category provides, still people follow buying trend of this cars. Hence, I said those are overrated. And I think so many of us would agree, that there are cars better than Swift/Dzire in same category.

How are they over rated?
Simple it is
Because 90% of their customers buy them with closed eyes.What they know is "if it is a Swift/DZire then its going to be good only".
While the car is nowhere as good as no one will go wrong with it.
Isn't it called over-rated?

Top Bottom