India's First Fuel Pump with Self Service Facility

But many people will lose job because of this
:agree:

In the developed countries as the population is less they don't get people easily for this kind of job, also if they get they have to be paid good salary.So the companies introduced self filling.
IMO For our country it should continue with manual filling.As its matter of someone's job.

Mastersquall & surfer, I would have agreed if there is a situation of pump employees loosing jobs .
However , i would cite two points to clarify.
As IOC and other Oil Cos would have identified, with every year our country adds millions of new vehicles on road and it neccessitates opening new pumps . Pump owners are under pressure to add more employees to man all pumps all the time and to manage the margins from operations.

Many years back it was launch of ATMs in our country which scared ''loss of jobs'' in bank branches. Now we see the reality. Branches exist and have expanded, they provide more services. No loss of jobs , infact more banks, branches and more employees. User has benefitted most.

Same way , few years down the line, one would not be in a queue at fuel station . There would be more self filling stations running 24x365 ,come rain or fog. More smiling petrol heads.

well said buddy! i support your statement..this is great move and will only benefit everybody.. but am scared because robbers in india steal complete atm machine and cost of petrol now going high so they can even steal pumps now!! [lol] anyways guys..wheres this self service station in delhi??

@carabiker there is lot difference between ATM and self service .

By self service its like kicking out all employer of bank and put automatic machine . where will those people who had been kick out go . how will they feed there children in the end we will be sufferer of it because they will start stealing or do some wrong thing

In abroad there population is less so its ok but not here
JOB are less and population are big .

and about 24hr you say .
i spent 6 years travelling on highway and every time i used to stop at petrol pump even at 1AM in decemeber with extreme cold there was a person to fill my car tank

Same way , few years down the line, one would not be in a queue at fuel station . There would be more self filling stations running 24x365 ,come rain or fog. More smiling petrol heads.
This idea will be better on highways and on some remote location.

one would not be in a queue at fuel station
This is not quite possible in country like us with Hugh pollution.
Just check out atm's in cities - long queues outside [:)]

and about 24hr you say .
i spent 6 years travelling on highway and every time i used to stop at petrol pump even at 1AM in decemeber with extreme cold there was a person to fill my car tank
hey buddy all pumps are not open 24x7! from this method we can fill petrol 24/7/365!!

people steel petrol even when person are present just think when he is not around . SO i expect it to be shutdown in night . If don't believe me just wait and watch . If it is not running at night then what is the use of such service

well..that pump will not be left alone buddy. one or two petrol pump staff will always be there!!

what if staff is not there then no petrol which means this petrol pump has failed to do work for which it was made
IF stuff is there then even they can fill which has been case with me all time .

in self service pumps they will need to keep only one or two guys who will take care and teach people how to fill but for pumps like we have now they need to keep min. 5 people!

Congratularions to IOC for bringing this wonderful idea to India. I personally feel this is the best way of handling refuelling. If I am filling petrol in my car I would be carefull about the amount which I would pay(100 for petrol worth 99.61, I don't use a debit/credit card to pay for fuel) and also to see that no fuel is wasted or spilled over.

But I do think that some supervision is necessary as all of need some training when approaching such stations.

All the best IOC and hope that I get to some of these facilities in my locality.

Top Bottom