India's First Fuel Pump with Self Service Facility

Thread Starter #1
NEW DELHI: State-owned Indian Oil Corp(IOC) has introduced the nation's first petrol pump with self service refuelling facility as is prevalent in several developed nations. The first self-refuelling petrol pump opened in the national capital today. It was inaugurated by Amresh Kapoor, General Manager in-charge of IOC Delhi State Office.

"Under the concept, the customer shall be provided the option of refuelling his vehicle either through the pre loaded automation tags or the manual option by feeding the quantity to be dispensed by the dispensing unit," a company press brief said.

However, an attendant will be available at the bay for assistance and to educate the customer on refuelling system, nozzle handling and collection of the automation bill. He will also collect the payment. "However, the customer will have an option of choosing between the conventional way of service through pump attendants or opting for self service," IOC said.
The self dispensing system Is quite popular at the fuel stations abroad and is expected to generate lot of interest, especially among the youth.

Source: ET

Re: India's 1st pump with self service facility

Thanks to IOC for providing both the options of refueling.
And I dont like self service.[:D]

Thread Starter #4
Not all pumps serve 24/7 where as self service pumps can be made use of when ever needed. This is one main advantage I feel.

One more main point, we can get the rite..quantity of fuel which we require, as in other pumps they make the fuel flow fast and play gimics and the fuel quantity which we get less than what we had asked for but pay for the same(more).

Isn't it too dangerous ? spilling ,fire,misuse,tampering etc. I am not being pessimist here but i have seen people how they go with public coin phones and other public properties.

Isn't it too dangerous ? spilling ,fire,misuse,tampering etc. I am not being pessimist here but i have seen people how they go with public coin phones and other public properties.
Completely agree. I am scared what the cabbies will do while filling their cars. Even now, they practice all sorts of nonsense like shaking the vehicle to make more room for fuel etc, when they will have access to the filler, god knows what new practice they will start. And needless to say, it will lead to long queues. Anyday the bunk guys are faster at job than us.

And needless to say, it will lead to long queues. Anyday the bunk guys are faster at job than us.
I am left laughing thinking about such a scene. i remember the ATM's in mumbai vs Atm in kerala .
In Mumbai the que would be 10-15 people per 15 minutes. In kerala 1-2 person per 30 minutes.one day my friend got pissed off and asked the guy inside "if you are playing video game with that screen just hold on a second let me take my money and you can continue."

You will be hard pressed to find a non self-service station in these days in Britain or France, Germany etc. We got used to it and it does work well.

It sounds good that the first self-refuelling petrol pump is open in india.
But india people like self service? it is big question. And Most of pump in USA are self service.
NEW DELHI: State-owned Indian Oil Corp(IOC) has introduced the nation's first petrol pump with self service refuelling facility as is prevalent in several developed nations. The first self-refuelling petrol pump opened in the national capital today. It was inaugurated by Amresh Kapoor, General Manager in-charge of IOC Delhi State Office.
"Under the concept, the customer shall be provided the option of refuelling his vehicle either through the pre loaded automation tags or the manual option by feeding the quantity to be dispensed by the dispensing unit," a company press brief said.

350Z

Core Team
Just a couple of days ago I was discussing about the self service fuel station facility which they have in abroad and hey presto, now here’s the news about it being adapted also in India. This indeed is a pleasant step towards the progress of our nation and if worked successfully, I’m sure the days will not be far enough when most of the fuel stations will have self service facility. I would too love to pay a visit to this fuel station sometime soon. During the initial course, it might be difficult for people to make use of this service but as soon they are aware about its benefits and are used to it, possibly they will prefer using them over the traditional fuel stations.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom