India's Favourite Honda City EMT (2013): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi, This is my first ownership post on The Automotive India. i will always keep the posts updated related to my car and will always answer the questions from my friends.

i would apologize for such errors in editing pictures and general, please excuse for this .

@Moderators, Please let me know if any necessary changes or editing are needed, i would be glad to know them and correct the same as soon as possible.

Let me first introduce myself briefly, My name is Shiva Choudhary. I am born and brought up in Delhi only. I am a graduate in Mass Communication and now working as a Flight Steward in Air India as travelling has always been my interest personally so i chose it as a profession as well . So let's travel to places together .

Earlier we used to have Maruti Suzuki Zen which my father bought in 1995 from Delhi only. that car was with us till 2017 and it will always stay with all of us as we both grew old together.

But, the story of my dream car actually came in reality in January 13, 2013 but the passion for riding is still the same and will always be the same but it can increase as well .

When we planned to buy a new car we were open to many choices and the reason for that is because my father drove Maruti Zen for 2 decades and he was pretty used to hatchback cars so he was giving me endless options But i wanted to move ahead to the bigger space and i only wished to buy Sedan. Then we started planning for Sedan and me and my father opted for few choices in the same segment cars which were Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Nissan Sunny, Toyota Platinum Etios, Hyundai Verna and Honda City.

I always had only one car in mind he always knew it but he kept insisting that son let us not be rigid to one choice atleast come and check out other brands and cars as well. So out of some curiosity and respect i agreed and we did check each one and after exiting every showroom i kept on singing the songs of Honda only . Because Honda City has always been a very smart looking car and with some additions and enhancements, and this model was sportier and much more premium looking car.

Finally 2012 year was coming to an end we were running short of time because of two reasons, which was first that the discount of new year was going to shut down in one week and second that Honda company officialy announced that they will launch new City models by the endo of upcoming year and this Generation of City which i bought was going to an end.

Then only me and my father understood the importance of time and i finally convinced him to buy the love of my dreams Honda City. Then we started calling every showroom of Honda in delhi to ask the availability of this Model and we got scared because there were only few left in Delhi and we had only 2 colors in mind either Taffeta White or Alabaster Silver, luckily near my home in the showroom the guy told us that Honda City Alabaster Silver is available but this is not the top most varient this is above the base model that is ( EMT ) , which was quite fine with us as we just wanted to bring it home as soon as possible without any further delays or regrets.

And we took the delivery of it on 13th January, 2013 with the total package of 8.30 Lakh on the road price with Rs. 60,000 new year bonus. Sadly i was not available on the delivery date so i am thankful to my parents that they went there and did the welcome to the new member to our Home - Honda City

Here is some memorable sneaks below [clap]

More pictures with the tempting modifications coming tomorrow. [:D]

Attachments

Congrats (very belated) for the car. How much kilometres have the car covered till date? Hope you are enjoying the i-vtec fun (strictly above 4500 rpm)[:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Nice to see an E Variant CITY buddy. I too owned one and finally sold it in March end this year for an upgrade. For a good 6.5 Years, I was pampered a lot by the rear seat comfort of this car and of-course the gem-of-a-engine I-vtec. Hope the car serves you well and you enjoy owning it for long.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #9
Congrats (very belated) for the car. How much kilometres have the car covered till date? Hope you are enjoying the i-vtec fun (strictly above 4500 rpm)[:)]

Ha Ha ! Thank you so much for your wishes . It has covered 70,000 only so far and yes it always gives a feeling of joy, when i ride it day/night anytime! [;)]

unnamed.jpg

Nice to see an E Variant CITY buddy. I too owned one and finally sold it in March end this year for an upgrade. For a good 6.5 Years, I was pampered a lot by the rear seat comfort of this car and of-course the gem-of-a-engine I-vtec. Hope the car serves you well and you enjoy owning it for long.

Regards

Akash
Thank you for your response brother. Good to know that we shared the absolute same interest in our mind and Also congrats for the upgrade too. You are right the rear seat gives a pretty smile, whenever we are there and yes as the time is passing my love for the car is increasing only as we are growing old together ! [:D]

unnamed (1).jpg

Installed Cystal HID Bulbs with 2 Foglamps 6000k . Picture of Headlight will be uploaded soon . The color of car goes so well with those HID .

It made my car look overall ravishing now ! What do you think guys? [clap]

Untitled.gif

I always had one thing in my mind while upgrading my car and that Glossy Black Roof!

Which will always compliment the other areas of the car . Its been 3 years now and in just one good wash it shines well . I got a very cheap deal at the shop where the shopkeeper gave me the price of INR 1,600 but after discount he closed the deal at INR 1,000 and here it is .

The last picture near the edge, which you will see is the latest picture clicked in April only, by that you can see that it still gives a thunder to the world with that roof ! [clap]

Also, in the latest picture you can see that how Sharkfin Antenna gives an edgy look to the roof and really trust me apart from the sharp look, i am really happy with the all day/night antenna. it works so well with FM Transmission. I really recommend it to you guys for any car you have! it's a must have.

oct_10__3_.jpg

oct_10__5_.jpg

77.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom