Indian RTO Goof Ups!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I caught a facebook status update by Arkin where he mentioned that his i10 is registered as a ‘sedan’ instead of ‘hatchback’. It followed more such incidents by other users. Since even my RC too has stated Maruti 800 as a saloon, it left me wonder, is it the case across all RTOs in our nation? Let’s find out how many of our sedans are hatchbacks and hatchbacks are sedans.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sent this mail

Dear Sir,

I just frond that my Maruti 800 is registered as 'Saloon' body type in the online information available at .: Kerala Motor Vehicles Department :. REGISTRATION DETAILS
Is this a mistake? I cross checked with couple of my friends and found that same disparity do exists for them too. Please advice.

Best Regards

Shynish Meladath
to Kerala RTO, Nodal Officer : P.M Shaji, Joint RTO email : nossg@keralamvd.gov.in. Will keep guys posted with the reply.

Oh this is very bad! My Verna is marked as saloon , Safari is marked as sedan![frustration]

Shynish report us of the updates.

It went from bad to worse. We went to the Anantapur RTO to get the i10 registered. And this is what I found:
rto.jpg
As if this wasn't enough, this is what I saw in the Deputy Transport Commissioner's room! :lol!:
rto2.jpg
I prefer not to talk about the place. Typical of Govt. offices. At least my dad's office is a 1000 times better.

Arun

Suspended
Agreed! My car, the Estilo is listed as a Saloon. I've had talks with the dealership as well as the RTO, they say it is the norm as of now! Common sense dictates that the Estilo is a hatchback. The RTO thinks otherwise!!

Hi Vibhor a good thread and inititation too.[thumbsup]
Probably this might open the eye's of respective RTO's in the country.
Even i had never bothered to check this.
While seeing RC book i was keen on technical specification, Rather than these stuff's.
After seeing this thread i will have to check mine & will update.

Last edited:
Mukesh and Raj am waiting for your updates now. My Safari is registered as a sedan! I want to know now whether this is also a norm or a mistake!

Top Bottom