Indian Formula-1 Grand Prix Exclusive Coverage (Pictures and Report)

Thread Starter #61

350Z

Core Team
Note 1: Pictures have been resized for certain reasons and thus, they have lost their quality to an extent. Please let me know if anybody wants to view a particular picture in better resolution.

Note 2: Indian F1 GP Theme Song Video Posted on Previous Page. More videos coming up soon.

The in depth coverage is truly inspiring. You must have had a brilliant time at the Grand Prix. Do share personal highlights, if any.
Welcome back, Girish. Yes, I had a whale of a time at Indian GP. You can read the final report in Post #44 of this thread.
What a great weekend was an awesome experience to watch the race and those rumbling engines should be heard live to experience the thrill full of adrenaline and excitement At last India is now on the global motorsport map which is a proud moment for us.
Congrats, Please share your experiences as well.
But i would also like to highlight the pain the common man had to went through due to mismanagement on part of jaypee group. All the roads towards Noida were choc-a-bloc. Then there was 20km traffic jam on the expressway towards the track then traffic was stopped at the entry point due to some stupid vip movement . Those traffic marshal were very lucky that they were not trashed by the people imagine a person who has spend couple of thousand for a ticket and not allowed to enter.
Also dust was a major issue near the stands and food outlets it was total unhygienic situation. Jaypee should have predetermined the rush and should have arranged alternate routes to the track

I took me 4 hours to reach the track 2.5 hrs wasted in traffic was able to see only 18 laps , some people were not even so lucky ( they saw only 5-10 laps) and were really angry.
You are absolutely spot on. Dust was indeed a big issue but it can be overlooked once, considering that area is still under development. So I’m sure in some time there will be a much lively atmosphere around with greenery. As far as traffic jams are concerned, it was quite obvious on the final day of Grand Prix. However, more than that, I am disappointed with their circuit shuttle service. Especially during evening, it was pathetic to say the least. First, there seems to be limited number of buses which never arrived on time, and even if they did, they were fully packed with people. The scenario was such that public was travelling on their roof. It was literally like a scene of some rural area. Secondly, the bus drivers were so ignorant that they never cared to stopped the bus for passengers standing on shuttle stands in spite when the buses were empty. We had to travel a few kilometres inside the circuit campus itself and united other people who were also struggling to find the bus, and finally everyone insisted one of the oncoming bus’ driver to stop and take us to the destination. Had it not been done, the drivers were simply making excuses to catch different bus from one stand or another.
First Indian F1 G.P. was indeed a great success.
The official merchandise is all very attractive. Did you buy anything?
No, I didn't buy anything.
Not being in the Main Stand, were you able to catch the award ceremony on the podium?
Only on the screen. :biggrin:
Simply amazing pics! I am sure, watching it live must have been much more exciting than what these pics show.
Yes, that is indeed true. Pictures don't do the justice.
Thanks for sharing the experience Vibhor. I can see few shots of the Scorpio for the contest.
Check this one out (attached below), I find it best of all.
I was planning to apply for being a marshal but dropped out since it was during Diwali & the expenses were to be borne by the candidates. Is there anybody on our forum who was a marshal at the race?
There are a couple of people I know outside our forum who were on the duty of Track Marshal. Being one itself is a different experience altogether.

mahindra scorpio rescue vehicle.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #66

350Z

Core Team
The results:

Dr. Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director:
“Today’s Indian Grand Prix was a great event and I hope that all the fans enjoyed the day as much as I did. We targeted points and that’s exactly what we delivered with Adrian’s excellent drive to ninth. As for Paul, he performed well, but we went very aggressive with the strategy to cover the chance of a safety car. In the end it didn’t work out, but we needed to cover our bases. These two points are important for our championship battle and I’m delighted that Sahara Force India will go down in the record books for scoring points in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix.” “Regarding my decision about the 2012 drivers, I have said this week that I will give an answer to the drivers before the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. I already have three excellent drivers, who are all in the running, and the decision ahead will not be an easy one.”

Vijay Mallya.jpg

result3.jpg

Results 1.jpg

result 2.png

Thread Starter #69

350Z

Core Team
I am pleased to inform that The Automotive India’s Exhaustive Coverage of Indian Formula 1 GP has been recognized and posted on BIC’s Official Facebook Page. Also, The Automotive India’s You Tube Channel has been awarded as “36 - Most Viewed (Today) - Reporters – India”. [thumbsup]

Indian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Buddh International Circuit - YouTube

JK Racing Asia Series - Buddh International Circuit - YouTube

Ferrari Formula 1 Car - Buddh International Circuit - YouTube

Ferrari Formula 1 Car Off-Track - Indian F1 GP - YouTube

Team Lotus and HRT Racing at Indian F1 GP - Buddh International Circuit - YouTube

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am pleased to inform that The Automotive India’s Exhaustive Coverage of Indian Formula 1 GP has been recognized and posted on BIC’s Official Facebook Page. Also, The Automotive India’s You Tube Channel has been awarded as “36 - Most Viewed (Today) - Reporters – India”
Wow, that's great news, well done vibhor.Excellent work.
And thanks for such a wonderful set of pictures, You have helped us to have a little bit 'feel' of Track.

Thread Starter #71

350Z

Core Team
I am posting the final set of videos now. Thanks to all those who went through this entire thread. Hope everyone enjoyed The Automotive India's Exhaustive Coverage of Indian Grand Prix – 2011. This coverage has over 500+ Exclusive Pictures and is spread over from Page 1 to Page 6 of this thread.

Indian F1 GP Practice Session - Buddh International Circuit - YouTube

JK Racing Asia Series Car Break Down - YouTube

Turn 8 - Buddh International Circuit - YouTube

Turn 11 - Buddh International Circuit - YouTube

Indian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Practice Session - YouTube

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #73

350Z

Core Team
Thanks. Table of contents added in the opening post for those who wish to quickly navigate to a particular content of our coverage.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vibhor, all the pic and videos were good.
The pic quality after the steadyshot has been good.
Were SLR's allowed inside the venue?
The guy next to you can be seen wearing ear plug.
Did you also wore it?
You got a good place to address the race day.[thumbsup]

All the pics and videos give a feel of how the experience must have been. Great effort Vibhor! How was it to hear those mean machines sound? Were you able to distinguish between different engine sounds?

Top Bottom