Indian 'Compact Sedan' Segment

Thread Starter #91
Thread title is about compact sedan, so better we stick to that discussion, so talking about a D90 may not appropriate here.

Yes, I can treat Amaze as a compact sedan and vote for it

Dzire to me not even a compact sedan, it is almost a hatch with little more length thats it.
I so like folks who find the Dzire odd. Its like you are paying 70,000 for that 100 litres of added boot to the Swift. But if you see Amaze, it's like it gets bigger than the Brio so looks better. On the same lines, hyundai's i10 based CS would look well also.

Thread Starter #92
Thread title is about compact sedan, so better we stick to that discussion, so talking about a D90 may not appropriate here.

Yes, I can treat Amaze as a compact sedan and vote for it

Dzire to me not even a compact sedan, it is almost a hatch with little more length thats it.
Hey mate, i read at Motor Vikatan today that the Amaze will launch on the 18 April.. Did you read it? What say man?

I can only say that Honda is treated as very reliable car in petrol segment and the same will happen with diesel too !! it will be a successful one

Thread Starter #94
I can only say that Honda is treated as very reliable car in petrol segment and the same will happen with diesel too !! it will be a successful one
Yes man, true..totally, a friend of mine sold off his 3 year old city for just 1.5 lakh less than the original price whereas an uncle in my society went to sell his SX4, he was getting 2.5 lakhs less than what he paid for, he did not sell the car :P The brand urely has a lot of aspirational value and cars are just bombproof. I wonder y people even sell those Hondas? :P

350Z

Core Team
Just a curious thought popped up in my mind.
The compact sedans are basically normal hatchbacks with a boot slapped on along with slight modification to the C pillars.
Do these cars get a completely redesined rear end? Like a renforced frame, crumple zones etc . which obviously would translate in better protection of the rear or maybe the front passengers.

Thread Starter #97
Just a curious thought popped up in my mind.
The compact sedans are basically normal hatchbacks with a boot slapped on along with slight modification to the C pillars.
Do these cars get a completely redesined rear end? Like a renforced frame, crumple zones etc . which obviously would translate in better protection of the rear or maybe the front passengers.
I believve they do get designed again. Coz the dynamics tend to change. So i believe they do but i am not sure.

1.5 i-DTEC with 118bhp 300nM torque what mileage do you want me to expect?
And do you want me to wait till the honda anounce the exact ex-showroom price to know what price amaze will be on honda's badge? It will surely be as on the links on my post or even more.
They will sell as much as etios and vento do, thats for sure.
Guys as per my knowledge honda do not have a diesel engine in india and the up coming one is also a petrol version.if you can check suzuki sells diesel dezire more than petrol so it wont affect maruti in indian market.
Raja Sir. good point about Honda. At global platform Honda, Toyata and VW has much better hold than Suzuki.
But in India Maruti is leading for a long time and they have lost the share to other but sale volume is still at higher side and believe it's because of their network, low maintenance and better fuel efficient.
We are bunch of guys who are getting more informative on existing cars as well as upcoming cars, but what about general buyers who invest 8-10 lakhs for a compact sedan then ofcourse they will think service, reliability and fuel efficient.
So I guess, Maruti always do better homework before launching a product recent example is Ertiga and Alto.
It's true sheer driving pleasure may be missing in Maruti when compared with Honda, Fiat , VW, Toyata etc.

Now developing their own diesel engine may be on radar. But currently they are happy with sourcing diesel engine may be because it's cheaper for them rather to develop their own.

About sale figure of SX4, I guess it got affected by their own product Ertiga.Ertiga has toppled Inova as high selling MUV in just 3-4 months.

But I read somewhere they are going to develop a 800cc diesel engine..

P.S : I do own Ertiga and Spark and can proudly say that buying experience at Maruti was much better than GM.
They have send a car to pick us from home at the time of delivery. Even for service they pick the car from home and while delivery they pick us from home.
While buying Ertiga, we went to several showroom of different brand and found that Toyata guys were very pathetic . I found Hyundai, Mahindra and Maruti showrooms are pleasant.

Same with Mahindra all their recent launches are superhit likes of XUV and Quanto at same time Tata failed at ARIA and Nano.
This is the only headline Maruti will never like to read! As predicted earlier, Honda’s Amaze is on fire and has had a lovely start to its Indian innings.

The car that brings Honda’s first diesel engine in India has everyone going gaga over it. Not surprisingly, this gaga is also turning into actual bookings. It has been less than 3 weeks that Honda Amaze was officially launched and it has recorded total bookings in excess of 22,000!

According to Business-Standard, this response outsmarts the response that Dzire received when it was launched. During the initial 18-20 days, it managed total bookings of around 20,000 units. People are flocking Honda’s showrooms like crazy and Amaze can easily be rated as the most successful model coming out of Honda’s stables in its complete 18 year history in India.

Not surprisingly, this simply means that the waiting period of Amaze is going to sky-rocket like Dzire due to the limited production Honda can do right now. Of its total production capacity of 10,000 cars per month in India, it can produce somewhere around 5000 Amazes while other half is left for its sibling cars Brio, Accord and City.

Honda is already working on its Tapukara, Rajasthan plant which will go operation from next year and will double Honda’s production capacities. Interestingly, at a couple of cities (not everywhere) where we inquired, dealers have ready stocks of Maruti Dzire and it can be had almost off the shelf.

What will this fist fight for supremacy translate into remains to be seen in the times to come but the verdict is loud and clear – Dzire’s first true rival has come and in style!

Honda Amaze Beats Dzire; Registers 22,000+ Bookings in 3 Weeks of Launch | MotorBash.com

Last edited:

Top Bottom