Indian Cars Price Hike News & Updates

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors is mulling a hike in the price of its passenger cars, Indica and Indigo, by a significant amount with effect from October 1 next month.

According to an internal communication circulated among top Tata Motors officials, the company plans to hike prices to minimise the impact of rising input costs, particularly tyres.

Significant price increase in Indicas and Indigos from October 1, the internal communication said.

Another auto giant, Hyundai Motors, hiked the prices of its vehicles from this month.

Hyundai Motor India increased the prices of its products across models by up to 1.2 per cent from September 1.

The upward revision in the prices was necessary to offset rising input costs, specially that of commodities.

Hyundai sells cars such as Santro, Verna, i10, i20 and Sonata.

The country's largest car-maker, Maruti Suzuki, had also announced an increase in prices, driven by high commodity prices, in August.

Maruti had hiked the prices of all of its models, except the Alto, by up to Rs 7,500.

Source: ET

How much is this 'significant' amount in the case of Tata cars?
And has the price of the i20 been hiked yet?
These are the questions in my mind.

350Z

Core Team
I came to know about Tata Motors price hike a couple of days ago, this has now become a norm to which customers have eventually gotten used to. First, the automobile prices are hiked due to obvious so-called reason of rising manufacturing costs, and later during festive period a li’l discounts are offered which is already compensated in advance, and ultimately who remains in profit is certainly the manufacturer only.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@ 350Z Well said.

@ Arkin Hyundai's prices has already been hiked buddy. Wait till the festive season arrives to get some real discounts. But don expect much on i20.

@ Zinam When i went to TD Fortuner the SE said that prices are going to be increased for all Toyota models from October , not sure whether he is right or just tried to use such gimmicks to force me make a booking!

Thread Starter #7
No ! Its true Dhaya.

Prices are again to soar high, Will speak to you this weekend wrt your booking.

350Z

Core Team
Mahindra & Mahindra has today announced about the price hike of their models which goes onto effect from 1st October 2010, it’ll vary from Rs. 3,000 to Rs.8,000.

“We have been holding back this raise for a while but now it has become imperative to raise prices especially as the prices of raw materials have been on the rise. In addition, the new Bharat Stage III emission norms have also resulted in this price hike. As always, Mahindra remains committed to its customers”, said Mr Rajesh Jejurikar, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Tata Motors hikes vehicle prices

MUMBAI: In the light of recent increase in input costs, Tata Motors on Friday announced an increase in the prices of some passenger vehicles and all its commercial vehicles. The increase is effective from October 1.

According to a company statement, the price increase in passenger cars is on Tata Indica and the Tata Indigo family, in the range of Rs.4,500 to Rs.14,000, depending on the model. In utility vehicles, the price increase is on Tata Sumo and Tata Grande MK II, in the range of Rs.7,800 to Rs.10,300.

The price increase in commercial vehicle is in the range of Rs.5,000 to Rs.40,000, which is on account of increase in input costs and introduction of higher specifications in vehicles, meeting the Bharat Stage III emission norms.

Domestic sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles for the month were 59,611 units, a 20 per cent growth over 49,650 units. sold in September last year.

Source:Hindu

Re: Its time for Price Hike Again !!

I do not understand the need of these hikes, seriously. On the one hand they are increasing price and on the other hand giving discounts on Petrol cars. [confused]

I agree, they would gain more on Diesel cars but again Diesel cars are already expensive.[anger]

Re: Its time for Price Hike Again !!

I think there is alwyas pick in sales during festive season.Peopel will definitely buy cars at this time.So companies what to take advantages of this. Further we all will see Hugh discounts in December and Jan.

Top Bottom