Indian Cars Delivery Waitlist Period Updates

> Location: Bangalore

> Model: Chevrolet Sail UV-A

> Dealer Name: KHT Motors, Navrang - Rajajinagar

> Waiting Period: 15 days max on all colors.

Their is an advertisment in yesterday's paper clarifying that swift is up for immediate delivery

here is the info: Maruti Suzuki offers instant delivery on the Swift Diesel and a 45,000 rupee discount on the Ritz Diesel - Indian Cars Bikes
If Maruti is going to make the Swift available readily, I am sure it's going to hit other manufacturers. I had gone for the Etios when I was told that the DZire waiting period was 4 to 6 months. I am sure this will be the case for few others as well.

Is it true that duster has waiting period of 5-6 months ? :eek:
> Location: Goa

> Model: Renault Duster

> Dealer Name: Quadros

> Waiting Period: 1-6 months depending on model.
-----------------------------------------
> Location: Goa

> Model: BMW 320D Sportsline

> Dealer Name: Bavaria Motors

> Waiting Period: 1hour.

Ban on mining has caused a massive drop in sales of luxury cars and all 3 German dealers are struggling to sell even a single car a month.

Some dealers are just quoting waiting periods to avoid giving discounts.

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team
Festive season is on and people are rushing to car dealerships. Those booked Ecosport are most affected with a waitlist of upto 9 months. Let’s keep this topic updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Only Ecosport,Octavia and Vento/Polo TSI have more than one month waiting periods here.Most colours of Swift are available off the shelf.Really tempting [thinking]
Regards,
Aneesh.

Re: The 2014 Honda City (First Look: Page 12)

What is the waiting period of Honda City Diesel in Hyderabad?Does anyone know about this?
No idea! But wanted to write here that are you planning to buy Honda City diesel? If yes, my personal suggestion would be a big "No".

No offense to Amaze Diesel owners. I TDed Honda Amaze diesel and found the NVH > my 7+ yrs old Alto, driving comfort = my 7+ yrs old Alto, Interior Plastics as cheap as my Alto, Dealer said no discount and long waiting period whose answer I gave as not applicable for me since I hadn't like Amaze Diesel at all. BTW, I bought Tata Manza which I thought VFM.

What I wanted to point out is Honda Diesel may not be that good, one should not be carried away by the name "Honda City".

Last edited:

No idea! But wanted to write here that are you planning to buy Honda City diesel? If yes, my personal suggestion would be a big "No".

No offense to Amaze Diesel owners. I TDed Honda Amaze diesel and found the NVH > my 7 yrs old Alto, driving comfort = my 7 yrs old Alto, Interior Plastics as cheap as my Alto, Dealer said no discount and long waiting period whose answer I gave as not applicable for me since I hadn't like Amaze Diesel at all. BTW, I bought Tata Manza which I thought VFM.

What I wanted to point out is Honda Diesel may not be that good, one should not be carried away by the name "Honda City".
Please remember that Honda has introduced Amaze as a competition for Dzire. Honda didn't want it to be expensive so they have done cost cutting here and there. While everyone has disliked it's interiors, please do remember that Swift & Dzire share the same interiors with different colored plastics. I owned a 2007 Swift and its interiors were not up to the mark, i enjoyed every bit of the car except interiors. Now, coming to engine part, many of my friends did say that diesel engine of Amaze sounds like tractor. Well it isn't definitely as loud as tractors but compare this with Rapid/Vento (even though they are higher segment cars) when in idling the engine sounds more refined. My neighbour has Swift Dzire 2011 model, and from my home i can here the sound of the engine, just opposite my home there is an Amaze but its sound isn't as audible as Dzires. I have Rapid and when i start the engine the sound just irritates me, when car is moving it disappears slowly. So its not just Amaze which has unrefined engine but many other cars feel too. Last but not least, Dzire engine is made up of Cast Iron and Amze engine is made up of Aluminium in interest of fuel efficiency. So here just a unrefined engine must not rule out that car from buyers mind. Those who have bought Amaze and New City(Diesel
Versions) are proud of the mileage they are getting and are not worried about the engine noise.

No offense to Amaze Diesel owners. I TDed Honda Amaze diesel and found the NVH > my 7+ yrs old Alto, driving comfort = my 7+ yrs old Alto, Interior Plastics as cheap as my Alto, Dealer said no discount and long waiting period whose answer I gave as not applicable for me since I hadn't like Amaze Diesel at all. BTW, I bought Tata Manza which I thought VFM.

No,not buying Honda City.Have VW Vento and satisfied with it since last 1 year.Although,dad didn't like City.He loved Vento more than City.Now,Amaze Diesel is readily available as per SP last month.If we book Amaze Diesel 2014,he could get the car in a week.

Nishant5858-I have Vento and I feel same like your Rapid.BTW,we have Swift VDi 2010 and sold it last year after running about 80K Km in 3 years.I loved everything except interiors.Now,new Swift is too better in interiors.

Last edited:
Had booked Chevrolet Beat on 22 January 2014.

Delivery was promised by 5th or 7th February.
But it is not yet delivered. Will be delivered today or tomorrow is what I hear from the dealer.

About a month for Chevrolet Beat Petrol LT(O) White at Pondicherry.
May be the delay was due to launch of the new model at Auto Expo. But the good news is I get the excise duty cut!

Last edited:

I dont agree with you. Amaze and City are two different cars, yes the share the same engine. But city got a different transmission and its driving charactrestic is totaly different, interior qulaity is also miles ahead. Yes, Engine is noisy but it is nowhere near amaze. I have never noticed any excess vibration during my test drive. It will not be fair to comment on city after driving amaze

Top Bottom