Indian Car & Bike Magazines

350Z

Core Team
Too many Ads too. BTW
There used to be this magazine called 'Car & Bike' edited by Adil Jal Durkhanwala who went on to become the editor of Overdrive and presently edits CAR India. When was production stopped? Also When was the 1st issue of OD published? What about BS Motoring?
If someone has magazines from the 1990s and is willing to give them away, please PM me.
Long back there was a thread in classified section regarding magazines (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/classified-autos/887-auto-magazines-collection.html) You can try contacting it's topic starter if he still has the collection.

Drive Safe,
350Z

hmm..thanks for helping. i never seen top gear or auto bild in local book stands. is it worth subscribing any car mags??

Thread Starter #22

AMG

Suspended
Grab a copy of Top Gear and see for yourself.
I am sure your Railway Station bookshop has a copy of all auto mags.

hmm..thanks for helping. i never seen top gear or auto bild in local book stands. is it worth subscribing any car mags??
Yes, it is. You often get huge discounts on the per mag price when you subscribe. Eg ACI Cost >Rs80 compared to the news stand price which is Rs100.
Alternatively, many magazines offer free items like free extra issues, scale models, car perfumes, sunglasses etc.

Thread Starter #24

AMG

Suspended
Auto magazines

Lets make this thread to discuss about auto magazines that we have recently bought.(till our very own TAI doesnt come out with a Magazine, with me hopefully as a staff)

Yesterday I bought a Top Gear August issue.
I must admit I am impressed.[clap]
The quality is way better than Autocar and overdrive.
And the list of contents are mind-blowing.

(a brief) List of contents
2 page writeup about Porsche GT2 RS
2 page writeup about Rolls royce phantom (some very interesting facts)
3 page writeup abour Rohrl
2 page written by the legendary clarkson about 911 (homour included)

Test drives:
Micra
i20 diesel
Punto 90 BHP
Volvo FH 520 truck(520 BHP)
Porsche 911 Turbo S ( and a poster of the same)
BMW 5 GT
EVO X
Nano cross country Hyderabad to mumbai.
535i VS E350

2 Wheelers
Harley Road King
Gixxer 1000

Verdict: A great improvement since the starting issue.

If you are looking to read road tests of Indian cars putting out 50 BHP, get an Autocar. If you are young, i would recommend you to go for Top Gear

i used to get AUTOCAR only before. but in recent months, i have started to get AUTOCAR and top gear! TG gives posters too! June it was the Ferrari 599 GTO, July it was some FORD pickup. Now i got news from AMG that August has Porsche 911 Turbo!!

Thread Starter #26

AMG

Suspended
Whats wrong?
Nobody here buys magazines?
Please post a short review of the Magazine you bought, with contents and advice whether someone else should go and buy it or not.

As for me, I am going to get myself an issue of Bike India because
1: Its their 5th anniversary issue.
2: I am kind of interested in those Hyosung bikes.

I've ACI's Aug 2010 issue beside me.
I have to say its a power packed issue, with many road tests and comparos. The main cover story is of the Suzuki Kizashi, tested outside India.There are 2 mega shootouts -
1.The Nissan micra takes on its 9 competitors.
2.Diesel Shootout
Then, we have the Exclusive drive of the VW Vento in India, as well as the road test pf the Altis. The GSX-R1000 too is tested.
I feel this is a must buy for any an auto buff.

Thread Starter #28

AMG

Suspended
Went through Bike India.

A great magazine.

Its their 5th aniversary issue.
Two very interesting scoops on Hyousung 650 and ST-7
3 Harleys to the hills

What I disliked
The Poster (come on guys, who wants a Pulsar 135 poster on their walls?[frustration]

Overall
If you are 2 wheel guy, then buy it, if you are a 4 wheel guy, look elsewhere.

Thread Starter #29

AMG

Suspended
Take your pick, guys.
Others will be updated as soon as they appear on the websites.

Overdrive Anniversary issue, on stands today.

Bike India Sept issue

BS Motoring

Top Gear

Attachments

Behold, folks, Autocar India's 11th anniversary issue is now out! And by the looks of it, I think it is another staggering issue. Just look at the number of pages-485! It's going to take me a month at least to read it completely! Yeti, Santa-Fe first drive, Vento road test and shoot-out with Honda City, Ferrari 458 Italia vs Porsche 911 GT3RS vs Lexus LF-A vs Noble M600, the annual mega track test involving the best driver's cars in India today, Suzuki GSX-R1000 vs Honda CB1000RR, All new Audi A8 and Jaguar XJ Supersport and guess what, there's also a free supercar DVD! And much much more!

I seriously can't wait to lay my hands on this one (and the Overdrive anniversary issue as well [clap]).

Attachments

Top Bottom