Indian Car & Bike Magazines

Yup. Sirish is with EVO. Good writer but seems to have lost his touch nowadays.

Auto India was great 16 years back but now its probably the dullest and most dim witted auto magazine in the country. Cyrus Dhabhar's articles are a sure shot cure for insomnia.

Business Standard Motoring got sold off to Delhi Publishing House. Boo hoo! End of an era.

i used to buy BSM, Autocar and TG... people going from here to theere. Manish Sarser was with ACI for a long time then changed to TG and now he's quit that as well i guess. Sirish's articles were good too at one time.

I prefer Autocar india and Overdrive, though as AMG said none of these is a vfm anymore.
OT- I wont name in public, but some automags do have biased reviews and one of the mags favours my favourite car manufacturer.

Certainly, it seems that a few magazines get bribes from manufacturers and write the review/comparo in favour of them.

Take your pick, guys.
Others will be updated as soon as they appear on the websites.

BS Motoring

Top Gear
I remember, still having this issue.

Meanwhile, ACI's 100th issue and tenth anniversary issue were costlier than usual, of which they gave a compact disc for the latter one.

Last year, the anniversary issue cost me Rs.150/-, and I think this time it should be around the same figure as well, and I believe that it is worth paying the extra amount for this special issue.

Right now they aren't offering much along with the subscription (earlier they used to offer a one or two scale models and some car perfumes but now there is nothing [cry]).
It's all part of their marketing trick, so that we subscribe for a year for less price, just to escape from the high price of anniversary edition;

In 2008, Motor vikatan, a Tamil Auto mag, costed 40 INR as mrp; When I subscribed, I got 12+6 issues for Rs 360/-. Subscription costed only half of the mrp as I got 6 free issues.

Top Bottom