India is No.1 In Road Accidents.

well something in TV was coming yesterday about it where they were telling that driving when listening to music causes more accidents also higher the music higher your speed with eventually go and slower the music you will feel sleepy!! so better maintain volume level or turn off your costly musicv systems those who just show off!!

Yes! Actually more than the volume the song decides your speed!! There are quite a few songs which make you to push harder and its a general notion that you tend to feel sleepy when listening to slow numbers!

Well, that explains my speed!!
There is this stretch on the Mumbai-Pune Eway where I always listen to Dry County by Bon Jovi, and I really speed during that song!!

He he ! This is exactly what I mentioned! I really don't understand how they got this idea. You won't believe, I had real fight on this matter with one of my friend in Bangalore. He is saying that if you want to give permission for a vehicle to overtake, just put the right blinker (even in night). My simple question is , then what are you gonna do when you really have to turn to the right side [lol!]
Putting on the right blinker(@night) for permission to overtake is the most common practice all over India.we as drivers have to be careful when overtaking

When you really have to turn right, we move to the right lane a few hundered meters before the actual turn, just put on the right blinker & apply break in short succession,that way the person following you will see the break lights glowing indicating that you plan to slow down then u can take your right turn.

350Z

Core Team
It's amusing how some drivers in India consider horn as a substitute to the brakes. They keep honking and don’t bother braking (unless very close to an object in front).

Drive Safe,
350Z

If the govt improves roads and takes care of craters and potholes, it would reduce unnecessary, unpredictable and abrupt slowdowns and lane changes, therefore bringing more predictibility in traffic movement. Pedestrian training would take years of concerted effort and we would start seeing changes over decades if not generations.

This is quiet unfortunate. In my view, following are the major reasons:
  1. Pedestrians are so foolish and thoughtless. I have seen people walking on the road as if it is their territory and the motor vehicles should slow down and go carefully!
  2. Thoughtless and reckless driving in Two Wheelers. It is high time to mandate helmet for driver and passenger (including kids).
  3. Mandate seat belts and and don't allow kids to sit in the front seat of cars. A child seat would have been nice!
  4. RTO departments are sleeping and are corrupted so much that they are forgetting their responsibility. There is no road awareness program for drivers and pedestrians at national level. Regional level activities any good unless such activities are carried at a national level.
Just as our Govt. made the rear high mounded stop lamp and seat belts for all passenger vehicles, I think Airbag should also be made as a basic safety feature.

80% who drives are not comfortable with traffic rules. For example, Bangalore is the city where I have seen most of the people using right side indicator to give a signal that you can overtake!! Can you believe that ?!

I think RTO and Police department should have a mobile / stationary speed tracking devices which captures the vehicles number / photo graphs if it exceeds the limited speed or violates the traffic lane. But I am not sure when all these things will fall in to place.

The most important thing is the people start thinking and act wisely. We, Indians, unfortunately lacks social commitment [cry]

Sir I disagree on only one of your many thoughtful points. Making seatbelts mandatory in cities have given cops yet another excuse to stop vehicles and collect bribe, but seatbelts serve no purpose in slow moving city driving. They are meant to ensure body doesn't fly out of car or hit the dashboard in a highspeed (highway) impact, where unfortunately we have no policing whatsoever and the drivers revel in their ignorant overconfidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
& i think one of the road hazards is using of phones while driving! drivers get distracted from the situations on the road esp to type/reply messages!

i think drivers should use apps like Itzme that allows them to audio chat instead of messaging (when the car is stationary that it)...messaging is too dangerous!! [evil]

Sir I disagree on only one of your many thoughtful points. Making seatbelts mandatory in cities have given cops yet another excuse to stop vehicles and collect bribe, but seatbelts serve no purpose in slow moving city driving. They are meant to ensure body doesn't fly out of car or hit the dashboard in a highspeed (highway) impact, where unfortunately we have no policing whatsoever and the drivers revel in their ignorant overconfidence.
What are you saying bro? Seat belts should to be put on as soon as you sit in the car. Period.

& i think one of the road hazards is using of phones while driving! drivers get distracted from the situations on the road esp to type/reply messages!
i think drivers should use apps like Itzme that allows them to audio chat instead of messaging (when the car is stationary that it)...messaging is too dangerous!! [evil]
Talking on phone is banned, at least in many metro cities the rule is quite regulated. Still I can find many drivers talking on phone endlessly and loosing control on road.
There are apps that can avoid talking on phone, but there are no apps in market which can change the mentality of Indian consumers who think its their car and their phone and no one can stop them using both at same time!!

What are you saying bro? Seat belts should to be put on as soon as you sit in the car. Period.

Bro thanks for stating the law. Now please clarify the role played by seatbelts in slow moving bumper to bumper traffic where accidents are generally termed as bumper breakers, fender benders and side swipes at 20 kmph. To my mind, seatbelts start gaining importance as a restraint system only at speeds exceeding 40-50 kmph.

Bro thanks for stating the law. Now please clarify the role played by seatbelts in slow moving bumper to bumper traffic where accidents are generally termed as bumper breakers, fender benders and side swipes at 20 kmph. To my mind, seatbelts start gaining importance as a restraint system only at speeds exceeding 40-50 kmph.
So its like one should put on the belts when the traffic is less, then put them off in b2b traffic, then again put them at highway then again unbuckle in the city market.
I feel weird even explaining it.
By the way, how does the seatbelt rule go in U.S?

am 20k old figo owner and out of 20k in 2 yrs 19k is on highway ride only this is my understanding on this topic

Trucks: on highway at night they are from hell on day they are very much helpful
on day truck drives can get better view of the opposite side coming vehicles and giving sign to me on overtaking is fine or not
and they give signs about the road condition / other info
and 80 % of them promptly maintain their line always drives on left most side, giving way for you to go ahead.

on night: they are hell i didn't understand the cost involved in purchasing the rear lamp bulb (at least one) or even the cheapest reflector tapes are also not there, thats why we see many (top class / high speed) cars rear ended trucks aka lorries

being it SUV or car there are many morons with head weight as if its their own home they always honk badly behind you and never turn the steering away to take the proper way to over take you, and they don't like you overtaking them and block your path, form their own queue on tolls noticed always on the tools at krishnagiri and another one at athibelle (bangalore starting)

we blame pedestrians but on most times we made them stranded for a long time for crossing at non signal hours which made them lost patients and risk their life, their is no loss in reaching your place by 5 or 10 mins late

and motorists even with luggages zig zag between cars and buses as if they are in a hurry to die.
7 out of 10 motorists on highway are using mobiles while on the go, where as i strictly told my family member to attend calls while driving my car.

at the end i just used to tell my self to be patient and never get provoked to do road rage
moreover driving sensible provides not only safety, but also good life for your car and saves more bucks on fuel (mileage)

So its like one should put on the belts when the traffic is less, then put them off in b2b traffic, then again put them at highway then again unbuckle in the city market.
I feel weird even explaining it.
By the way, how does the seatbelt rule go in U.S?
ok so here's the clarification. the purpose of a seatbelt is to restrain the body of the wearer to stay seated rather than jump out of position, which usually happens in a hi speed collision rather than in bumper to bumper slow moving traffic. having said that, the original point of my first post on this topic, was that I find it funny that in India they have mandated seat belts in large cities where the traffic is terribly slow, where seatbelts hardly play any role during the day in high traffic conditions. seatbelts gain importance at speeds over 40-50 kmph, so in my view, it should be mandated at night and also in high speed roads such as highways, where there is sadly no policing or implementation at all of this.

ok so here's the clarification. ..... seatbelts gain importance at speeds over 40-50 kmph, so in my view, it should be mandated at night and also in high speed roads such as highways, where there is sadly no policing or implementation at all of this.
You are still not there in convincing me.
How difficult is it to attain 40-50 kmph in city traffic even though for a short time only?

You are still not there in convincing me.
How difficult is it to attain 40-50 kmph in city traffic even though for a short time only?
not at all. especially late night and early morning. but that still does not solve our problem: no policing or implementation of seat belt rule where it is most reqd i.e. late night and early morn in city, and all the time on highways. seat belt rule is vigorously implemented by the eagle eyed keepers of the law, where it is least reqd, i.e. slow moving day time traffic

not at all. especially late night and early morning. but that still does not solve our problem: no policing or implementation of seat belt rule where it is most reqd i.e. late night and early morn in city, and all the time on highways. seat belt rule is vigorously implemented by the eagle eyed keepers of the law, where it is least reqd, i.e. slow moving day time traffic
I have a difficulty in understanding.
Do we wear seat belts to avoid the cops fine us or for our safety?
The latter right?

Forget about cops for a moment and if you accept that one can go 45-50 in city traffic occasionally then you also accept that seat belts are required, and on highways they obviously are. Where is the occasion that doesn't require seat belts?

Top Bottom