In Car Entertainment for Etios please suggest

Thread Starter #1
Dear fellow mates How are you all???

This is Vinay a new member to the community

Well I have booked the New Toyota Etios Bluish Silver colour G safety version

which is going to be delivered on 21-01-2011 [:)]

I need some infoo from you guys

1. The showroom guy says that i have to take audio components in the showroom itself and shouldnot make it done outside, he says there will be no insurance for wiring and electrical components is that right?

2. What Audio components will you suggest, my requirements are LCD screen in the headunit itself and wonderful speakers, i dont know wheter i habe to take a Sub or not.

3. What kind of other toyota and outside accessories do you suggest that are must for a pleasent drive

4. I live in a mid city but here I am able to get Alpine, Jbl, Infinity Kappa and Polk apeakers and some head units of the above company, I hope mostly available pioneer and kenwood are no need to mention coz they are being available almost everywhere..

5. The main question is how to recognise genuine speaker and head units, and please quote the rates of head units and speakers as of your knowledge

Thanks in advance, VINAY [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Vinay,

First off all, welcome to TAI and have a great stay ahead here!

Congratulations on booking the Toyota Etios[clap]!

A very wise choice I would say.

To answer your questions,

1) First, check with the showroom people on what are the Audio units that are on offer, i.e. if it is the one that comes factory fitted or audio components fitted by the showroom people.

If it is being fitted by showroom people, I guess you can provide the components of your choice and get them fitted at the showroom itself.

2) the audio options available for a car are very vast and I would suggest you to decide on the budget and let us know of the same so that people out here could suggest you the options at that price range

3) And regarding genuine audio components, I would recommend you to go in for components with Bill/Warranty so as to have peace of mind rather than going for grey market pieces which in-turn might not be genuine.

Congrats again for the Etios!

Last edited:
Hello Vinay,

A warm Welcome to The Automotive India. Many Congratulations for your Etios.

1. The showroom guy says that i have to take audio components in the showroom itself and should not make it done outside, he says there will be no insurance for wiring and electrical components is that right?
You mean warranty? If he says so, then it is wiser to go for audio from the dealer itself. Tell him your preferred audio component choices and let them install it in your car. After your car is out of warranty, you can always upgrade to aftermarket audio, whenever you wish to.

2. What Audio components will you suggest, my requirements are LCD screen in the headunit itself and wonderful speakers, i dont know wheter i habe to take a Sub or not.
Please mention your budget and our ICE gurus will help you choose the best option available.

3. What kind of other toyota and outside accessories do you suggest that are must for a pleasent drive
Theres a wide range of exterior and interior aftermarket accessory options available outside. Most of the accessories available with Toyota are overpriced, so its better to get accessories from outside. Do tell us what accessories do you wish to have?

Welcome to TAI Vinay! Congratulations on booking the Etios!

1. Rates at the dealerships are very high! I suggest you get it done from outside. No need to worry about warranty issues actually!

2. If you can tell us your budget and be more precise on your exact requirements , our ICE gurus will help you out.

3. Again as i said , try to get everything from outside for very cheaper rates! Most of the dealerships pull in customers blackmailing with warranty issues!

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for your replies, My budget is 30k for the audio setup,
since im taking the Goption varient there is no speakers or any audio

In my place there are head units availability of Pioneer, Jbl, Sony, Alpine and speakers of Pioneer, Sony, Polk, Infinity Kappa, Jbl

please suggets me

Hi vinay ,
a 2 din player with video and budget of 30k is hard.

Well this should help you.
Jvc exad series , 22 to 25K range (you add hell lot of good audio setup ranging to 1L later on)

Normal co ax speaker from jbl in doors (this will give just a 20 % of the head unit performance)

Hmmm at 30k as Ilango said its difficult for ICE with video HU!

I suggest you reserve around 13-15k for a good HU and then invest the rest in front component speakers and rear co-axials. Power the front speakers with a two channel amp and get good quality wiring. You might need to slightly extend your budget for my above setup itself.

Sub-woofer and amp for sub-woofer can be added later on with some more Vit-M.

Top Bottom