Improving ICE (Sound) in Maruti Alto!

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
Hello TAI'ns.
I have a 2008 Maruti Alto LXi BSiii with me. Regarding the ICE, I have the followings installed in my car-

1. Sony Xplod GTX270s (Theres a nickname, CRAPPY[;)])
2. Pioneer Front 4" Speakers
3. Pioneer Rear 4 Way 6"x9" Speakers

Thats All.

Now I am planning to enhance the Sound Output by Adding a Speaker/Sub on the Parcel Tray (In the center, Have seen a Waggie with this arrangement).

I do not want to compromise on boot space. So no Sub or Bass Tubes. If an amplifier is extremely necessary, Then shall buy it also.

I am going to spend as less as possible. I am already bored of gaining vitamin M for alloy wheels.

I want a good sound output, To burst the ears of the outsiders![evil]

Mainly, it should be a thing without any enclosure, Can be fitted in front or back area, Preferably back; It should cost less (5k-7k), Should not be a SUBWOOFER, Bass tube; should be from a reputed brand (Pioneer, preferablly)

So please suggest a good audio device (Speaker, Tweeters) which fulfils all the above requirements.

Waiting for your replies.

1) PLEASE DO NOT install the subwoofer on the parcel tray. Without an enclosure, you wont get the desired sound output. Free air subwoofers are not ideal. Secondly, with time the parcel tray will start sagging & also start rattling. So you will have to install the sub in a sealed or ported box for good sound.

2) A sub wont work without an amp, so its compulsory.

3) Since you want high decibel levels, go for a ported box for the sub.

4) Buy a 4 ch amp, connect 2 ch to the front speakers & bridge remaining 2 ch for the sub.

5) If you can, change the crappy HU to something from Pioneer.

6) Later, think about changing the front speakers to components, maybe JBL or Focal or RF or Kicker.

Thread Starter #3

lxi.

Suspended
1) PLEASE DO NOT install the subwoofer on the parcel tray. Without an enclosure, you wont get the desired sound output. Free air subwoofers are not ideal. Secondly, with time the parcel tray will start sagging & also start rattling. So you will have to install the sub in a sealed or ported box for good sound.

2) A sub wont work without an amp, so its compulsory.

3) Since you want high decibel levels, go for a ported box for the sub.

4) Buy a 4 ch amp, connect 2 ch to the front speakers & bridge remaining 2 ch for the sub.

5) If you can, change the crappy HU to something from Pioneer.

6) Later, think about changing the front speakers to components, maybe JBL or Focal or RF or Kicker.
Thanks buddy for the Reply. Here are the answers to your suggestions!

1) Nope , I am not going for a sub without enclosure and the subwoofer will not leave any space in my boot (Almost half space will be consumed). So, NO SUBWOOFER.

2) If no SUB, It is no use to waste money on Amp.

3) NO Subwoofer. Actually, I am interested in sound levels (High DBs), not Low Pitched tunes, I want some increase in Mid and High Pitched tunes. So, subwoofer is not at all needed.

4)Since there is no Subwoofer. No need of amp. It will give crystal clear sound but for Rs.>5k!

5)Nope, Cant change, Happy with the existing one. Also, No budget for changing HU! Will require some Vitamin M.

6)What are these components? Have not seen one! Can you post a pic if you have any. I have seen that Small Round things on both sides of the dash board. Not like the speakers, they were clearly visible. Are those Components?

What are TWEETERS? My friend said get tweeters in the front. What would be the cost?

Okay, so no sub...

The round things which you saw are called tweeters. Components are speakers which come with a combo of midbass (speakers), tweeters & crossovers.

The midbass will go in the stock speaker location, tweeters will go on the A pillar & crossovers will be hidden inside the door panel.

For any speakers to have good sound quality at high volume, you need an amp, so buy an amp anyways.

Thread Starter #5

lxi.

Suspended
Cant i buy only tweeters? How will be the sound output. Can the tweeters run with all 4 speakers or the 2 front speakers have to be closed?

Thread Starter #6

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, After searching whole day and spending hourson the net. I have decided to go for a SUBWOOFER or BASSTUBE (Any thing which makes bass)!

Now there are a few questions-

1. How much watts subwoofer is enough for alto and will fit in alto's boot below the parcel tray (I'm not gonna remove the tray)? 1000w or 1100 w? What would be the cost? Suggest any good subwoofer of a reputed brand. (I do not like the Deep bass actually, Just small Boom boom effect, Not the rear door shaking bass)/

2. What is the difference (Even small) between a BASSTUBE and SUBWOOFER? I know, bass tube is longer and will fill my alto's boot. What will be the cost of bass tubes. Suggest any good one from Good and reputed brand. Is there any difference in SQ or BASS?

3. Now regarding the Amp, I am thinking of some Low price but reputed brand (Like Sony is in HUs), And do explain what is the 2 Channel and 4 channel or mono or 3 channel thing :stupid:! I want some high Sound from Both my REAR speakers and SUb/BASSTUBE! How much price is for a 2ch & 4 ch &mono &3 chanel, please do let me know!

4. Now if i am ready to put Sub/Basstube. THen do I need other components or is it adequate for Some Show off and Head turning stuff!

Thanks. Will appreciate your help!

Cant i buy only tweeters? How will be the sound output. Can the tweeters run with all 4 speakers or the 2 front speakers have to be closed?
Dont buy only tweeters, they will sound shrill.

Buy components which comes with crossovers so that the installer can tune the midbass & tweeters.

Buddy, After searching whole day and spending hourson the net. I have decided to go for a SUBWOOFER or BASSTUBE (Any thing which makes bass)!
If you want a boomy bass, go for basstube, that will occupy more space.

If you want a tight but less audible bass, go for a sealed box.

If you want a loud bass, go for a ported box.

1. How much watts subwoofer is enough for alto and will fit in alto's boot below the parcel tray (I'm not gonna remove the tray)? 1000w or 1100 w? What would be the cost? Suggest any good subwoofer of a reputed brand. (I do not like the Deep bass actually, Just small Boom boom effect, Not the rear door shaking bass)/
Why dont you buy the JBL GT-BassPro12?

It comes with a ported box & inbuilt amp. If you want you can buy a separate 2ch amp for front components.

Otherwise buy a 4ch JBL amp & then buy JBL GTX-1250T basstube for loud bass.

If I was in your place, I would buy the CS 1215 in a sealed box. A sealed box wont be very loud but it will give a tighter thump.

I am recommending JBL because I feel it is more VFM. You can also try brands like Kicker/Focal/Auditor/Image Dynamics/Ground Zero etc.

2. What is the difference (Even small) between a BASSTUBE and SUBWOOFER? I know, bass tube is longer and will fill my alto's boot. What will be the cost of bass tubes. Suggest any good one from Good and reputed brand. Is there any difference in SQ or BASS?
Sealed box is for SQ whereas basstube is for SPL (sound pressure level).

3. Now regarding the Amp, I am thinking of some Low price but reputed brand (Like Sony is in HUs), And do explain what is the 2 Channel and 4 channel or mono or 3 channel thing :stupid:! I want some high Sound from Both my REAR speakers and SUb/BASSTUBE! How much price is for a 2ch & 4 ch &mono &3 chanel, please do let me know!
Do not buy a Sony, its crap.

Cheapest good amps would be from JBL.

2 ch amp - Rs. 3500
If you buy one, then you would be able to connect it only to the sub without any amplification to the speakers (unless you are buying basspro12 which has an inbuilt amp).

4 ch amp - Rs. 4500
connect 2 ch for sub & rest 2 ch for front components.

mono amp - Rs. 8000
exclusively for subwoofers. will exploit the sub's potential to the limit.

4. Now if i am ready to put Sub/Basstube. THen do I need other components or is it adequate for Some Show off and Head turning stuff!
If your budget permits, go for this -

front - components
rear - co-axials
subwoofer
4 ch amp

That would suffice. If your budget permits, go for components in rear also & a mono amp for sub.

If you want some head turning stuff, you can go for custom made fibre glass enclosures for the sub, but that would not be removable like the sub box. You can add some cool LED lighting also. That wont cost much.

Thread Starter #8

lxi.

Suspended
Thanks for suggestions buddy. I am more tilted towards the Bass tube you are talking with the inbuild Amp. . In case, If i want to add some luggage, i can remove it and keep at home and then join it when The boot becomes empty.
Is it detachable?

Thread Starter #10

lxi.

Suspended
Sorry, That was my silly mistake.

I meant Sub. Will it fit in my alto's Boot?
What would be the cost? The JBL website doesnt show the costs.
What would be cost for a JBL gt6-10(I think it should be less as it is 1100w sub)
What would be the cost of a JBL GTO804 800W 8"(200mm) Single-Voice-Coil Subwoofer?

How much does the cs1215 cost? What would be the cost for an enclosure, If I get it made by a Local Aftermarket shop?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, I am Confused.
Mom says- Dont fill up the boot, Add some small thing to the parcel tray.
Dad says- Dont change /Replace anything which he has spent money on!
Bro- Do anything you want. Just save money by spending less.
Me- What to do?

An idea came to my mind that I should buy a Speaker (Nice one, Which can be fitted in the parcel tray at the centre) instead of a Sub/Amp/Bass tube.

Please suggest a speaker which fits in 5000RS. Also, CAn i buy only one Speaker (Instead of a pair)?

Also "THE CHEAPER, THE BETTER" is the main thing now. So, Please help.

If you go by your mom, dont get a sub.

go by your dad, you cant do anything.

go by your bro, there are many options.

1) You wont get a single speaker.

2) Whats the use of an additional speaker on the parcel tray?

Thread Starter #13

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, Can I fit speakers on the front doors of the car? I saw components (2 tweeters and 2 speakrs ) for Rs.1999 online. (They are Local).
Will all my speakers work at the same time if I install components?

And buddy, What would be the cost of a enclosure (Subwoofer Box) ? Hmm?
And What would be the cost for a Sub with inbuiild amp(That JBL 1215 one)? (If its between 6k , then I might think of getting it!)

Dont add components with the 4 speakers in your car. that is 6 speakers with 2 tweeters. your head unit will fry!

Secondly, components need an amp to work properly.

Dony buy local comps, they wont sound good. Waste of money. Buy only branded stuff.

An enclosure would cost around 350-400 Rs.

JBL 1215 does not come with an inbuilt amp, BassPro12 does.

Thread Starter #15

lxi.

Suspended
Yes yes, I was talking of the BassPro12.

What would be the price?

If I go for an Amp (2ch) and Sub(12") seperately.
I will have to spend some (Sub=Rs.4000+Box=Rs.500+Amp=Rs.5500) Rs. 10000!

Will the JBL BassPro12 come under 8-10k?
What is the price?

And one query buddy (With the existing setup)-
I have Pioneer(A series speakers) TSA932(Model no.) at the back fitted on the parcel tray. When I turn to high volumes (i.e. somewhere between 22-25) in Gravity or Xplod Equaliser mode, The rear right speaker starts vibrating.
I checkeed which all speakers were vibrating by making the sound output on each of them seperately and found that only one was vibrating. What would be the erason? Solution? They have completed 3 years and are kept on volume 10-25 most of the time and have once gone to highest i.e. 32 when junoon comes in!

Top Bottom