ICE'd My Alto - Alto Disco

Thread Starter #1
From the day one I got my car I am planned for a good ICE with decent sub and amp. Vitamin "M" played a crucial game and it was not happened in past 3years. Finally I got it fixed yesterday. sharing the details and pics.

Changed HU to Sony Xpload CDX - GTS5250 for USB/Sub out and JBLGT-X1250T with JVC drvn amplifier.

SAM_0231.JPG

SAM_0232.JPG

SAM_0233.JPG

SAM_0234.JPG

SAM_0235.JPG

SAM_0236.JPG

SAM_0237.JPG

SAM_0238.JPG

SAM_0239.JPG

SAM_0240.JPG

SAM_0241.JPG

SAM_0242.JPG

SAM_0243.JPG

Re: ICEd my Alto - Alto Disco

I liked the way you called it "Alto Disco".
You should be really enjoying the "Bhoom Bhoom" from JBLGT-X1250T Bass tube. I hope you also have other Co-axials or component speakers.

:offtopic:
Is the "Kannil Kanni.." you were listening the one from "Gaurisankaram" or from the more recent "3 dots" ?The former is one of my favorites.

Thread Starter #3
Yes manojodugat my car have all around sonny xpload round speakers. I am enjoying the bhoom bhoom music.

hahaha that is not gourisankaram. its from three dots kannil kannil minnum.

Thread Starter #7
Price will share later. varun the basstube tighten with a belt. It wont move. video coming soon!

Thread Starter #8
Anybody suggest some ideas to fix the amp. now its easy to spoil with passengers foot., it is just kept there without any fixes.

Varun Sony Xpload costs 5250, wiring kit and fitting 1250, still not get the bill of Bass tube and Amp as its brought from a friend.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
That is not possible because it will damage while seat folding or filling with luggage as per the ICE person. That is the only reason I kept it under passenger seat as everyone doing.

That is not possible because it will damage while seat folding or filling with luggage as per the ICE person. That is the only reason I kept it under passenger seat as everyone doing.
Better than kicking my people and spilling water by passengers.[lol] Then what to do? You have parcel tray?

Anybody suggest some ideas to fix the amp. now its easy to spoil with passengers foot., it is just kept there without any fixes.

Varun Sony Xpload costs 5250, wiring kit and fitting 1250, still not get the bill of Bass tube and Amp as its brought from a friend.
Good setup Rakesh. But place the amp near the sub in boot as it helps while tuning and also distance between sub and amp should be short for a good ice system. I have placed my amp in a custom wooden board made to the size of my car boot's left corner. Do check my thread on how i did my installation.[:)]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cessories-maruti-suzuki-dzire-tour-ldi-9.html

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #13
Good setup Rakesh. But place the amp near the sub in boot as it helps while tuning and also distance between sub and amp should be short for a good ice system. I have placed my amp in a custom wooden board made to the size of my car boot's left corner. Do check my thread on how i did my installation.[:)]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cessories-maruti-suzuki-dzire-tour-ldi-9.html

Regards,
Sankar
Thanks Sankar for your advice. I will try to do the same on my amp too.

I know this question is late but I would like to know what is the disadvantages of Sony HU comparing Pioneer or any other HU as iI searched a lot and everyone suggesting pioneer than sony btw I brought sony for 5300.

Last edited:
Thanks Sankar for your advice. I will try to do the same on my amp too.

I know this question is late but I would like to know what is the disadvantages of Sony HU comparing Pioneer or any other HU as iI searched a lot and everyone suggesting pioneer than sony btw I brought sony for 5300.
Considering entry level single din systems almost all brands will have similar specs and features be it Alphine, Pioneer, JVC, Sony or Kenwood. But the difference will be in SQ. ICE is whole lot different to that of home music systems and needs to be designed specifically for a car's dimensions. Even if one buys high end components for speakers (Rainbow, Morel, Focal), High power amplifiers (Rockford Power seris, DD Audio high power amps) and huge subwoofers sound basically is generated from HU right??? Why is it that for all ICE upgrade people replace the beautiful looking stock ICE (which might also have functions which cannot be replicated like steering mounted controls) with after market HU? The setup will only be complete and useful if HU provides good SQ or else no point upgrading to high end ICE.

Coming to why everyone chooses and advise against going for Sony HU.

Sony's HU have a reputation for poor SQ and power wattage. Current models actually excels models from Pioneer and Alpine in term of specs but still when we look for pure SQ sony fails to the likes of Alpine and Pioneer. I don't think SOny has mastered the technique of producing a HU which provide good SQ along with all the features the HU comes with.

In case of my Pioneer HU, it comes with what Pioneer calls Mitrax which basically turns my car into a moving Disco. After my audio setup was complete i still had 2 pending days work in accessories shop for seat covers and light fitting. During that day a brand new Toyota Fortuner came for a high end setup. Setup was :-

Sony 7in Multimedia HU 30k
Focal Polyglass VB Component speakers for front - 12k
Polk Audio 6X9 Coaxial speakers for rear. 5k
JBL GTO1004 4 channel amplifier 14k
Polk Audio D1000.1 Monoblock amplifier - 20k
Focal P-30 12in subwoofer with custom enclosure. 10k
Connection wiring kit - 3k
Rockford Speaker cables - 2k
Dual Voyager 7in headrest screen - 20k

Costs 1.5lakhs i think for whole setup and after fitment and tuning done by a professional (who also did tuning to my car ICE) sounded awesome. But when he listened to my car's ICE he was shell shocked as mine had more SQ and every sound in a song could be heard very clearly and my setup could take mids and highs way better. Of course his setup had way more sound and bass due to dual amps but the SQ was much lower. This was pointed out car accessories shop owner and the sound engineer and i could see disappointment in his face. Last heard he was looking for a Alphine 7in HU which i heard costs 50k[:D]. Hope this long example helps.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom