icecoldsipra Says Hello!

Thread Starter #1
#Disclaimer - Lengthy first post#

Hello Friends!

This is my very first post here and I am super excited. I am from Bangalore, the place so called as the garden city of India (not sure which garden people refer to. Its probably the concrete gardens).

I own a Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) petrol version. This is my story. Both me and my wife worked in the same office When me and my wife decided its our time to buy a car, we were looking at the Maruti Alto K10. We reside in Jayanagar and there was a Maruti showroom on Bannerghatta road, very close to where we stay. We decided to pay a visit to the showroom one fine morning. However, on our way to the showroom, close to Sagar hospital (previously Sagar-Apollo hospital) my wife saw a huge hoarding of another car of Hyundai make. She pointed her fingers at the board and told me "Did you see that car?". I was not very keen on even checking but there was a Advaith Hyundai showroom right in front. The Maruti showroom was a little further ahead. There was no harm in just taking a glance isn't it? So we stepped in, saw the Grand i10 sitting there waiting for us to test-drive it. The lady walked up to us and asked us to take a test-drive. Reluctantly, I agreed. The car we drove was the top end model. The moment, i revved it up, I could feel the difference from the WangonR that my dad owned. The pickup, the smoothness, interior build quality was far better than the WagonR which i had previously driven. My wife instantly liked it. We completely forgot about the Alto K10. We booked the Asta (O) petrol version, and have been living happily ever after.

Its been almost 3 years and ~21,000 km of driving so far and I have not been disappointed ever since. Now, I feel its time to do some upgrades which I am looking forward to. This is where this wonderful forum comes into picture. I am really looking forward to reading some great posts already contributed and all the expert advice that has surely benefited countless people who own cars. And if I am worthy, I might some day share my own views and expertise that can benefit another newbie like me.

On a personal note, I love PC games, have a killer gaming PC at home. My wife sometimes wonders if I married her own my PC. I love travelling and trekking too. I am a good writer, I love entertaining people with my god given gift to write and have made some really funny posts already contributed on Facebook.

Thanks for hanging in there an dreading my post up to the end. I look forward to interacting with all of you and hopefully learn a lot more from all the experts about my car and automobiles in general.

Hello Sir
Welcome to The Automotive India

I am Gautam Jain from Mumbai.
Presently studying in grade 12, and love to read about cars to expand my limited knowledge.
We have Tata Manza, Tata Tiago and Honda Activa 125 in our garage.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks GautamJ. I am still a low lying creature in the world of cars! You can address me by my name. My name is Suprasad by the way.

We have Tata Manza, Tata Tiago and Honda Activa 125 in our garage.
What are your thoughts on the performance of Tata Tiago? One of my friends asked me about it. I told him the best way do judge how a car handles is by doing a test drive himself.

Thanks GautamJ. I am still a low lying creature in the world of cars! You can address me by my name. My name is Suprasad by the way
Ohk Bro. (Sorry but I feel Bro is more comfortable for me).

What are your thoughts on the performance of Tata Tiago? One of my friends asked me about it. I told him the best way do judge how a car handles is by doing a test drive himself.
I own a Diesel Tiago.
Before first service, the pickup used to be slow. But after First Service is just great, it is very peppy. My Manza feels way to lethargic after driving Tiago.
Its easy for ghat sections too, where I used to put 1st and 2nd gear in Manza, Tiago just pulls it in 3rd gear, thanks to low end torque.
The engine runs out of breath after 3,300 rpm, also AC compressor cuts after this rpm.

Yes TD is a must. I did four TD of Tiago before finalising it, two time Petrol and two times Diesel.

Thread Starter #5
Before first service, the pickup used to be slow. But after First Service is just great, it is very peppy.
Yeah! I too felt the same when I took a test drive of the Tiago. It's a little different from the way the Grand i10 starts. I prefer to have a slightly faster pickup. But I am glad to hear you like the car! Its all a personal choice after all.

I went with a mindset to buy a Alto K10. The K10 is a great car for the price. No doubts about it. I did not even test-drive it. I took a test-drive of only the Hyundai Grand i10 at that time and ended up buying the car on the same day..

Yeah! I too felt the same when I took a test drive of the Tiago. It's a little different from the way the Grand i10 starts. I prefer to have a slightly faster pickup. But I am glad to hear you like the car! Its all a personal choice after all.

I went with a mindset to buy a Alto K10. The K10 is a great car for the price. No doubts about it. I did not even test-drive it. I took a test-drive of only the Hyundai Grand i10 at that time and ended up buying the car on the same day..
Completely Agree with you.
Actually my main criteria was Build Quality. I had TD Grand i10 petrol, as we are used to diesel motors so wasn't able to drive without stalling it, add to it the over sensitive brake. I was told that its specific to TD vehicle. Later I had contacted him when I came to know Asta (O) AT has launched, he was rude enough to cancel Grand i10 from my list.

Thread Starter #7
Actually my main criteria was Build Quality. I had TD Grand i10 petrol, as we are used to diesel motors so wasn't able to drive without stalling it, add to it the over sensitive brake.
Completely agree on the over-sensitive brakes. My dad owns a Maruti WagonR. For someone who has driven a WagonR almost for 10 years, the brakes on the Grand i10 is VERY sharp. But I have got used to it and think its quite effective when getting the car to stop at higher speeds.

I just read your review on the Tiago. Nice write-up. More importantly, loved the color. I actually wanted to get the red color for my Grand i10. But my wife preferred the silver. So ended up with the Silver Grand i10...

I just read your review on the Tiago. Nice write-up. More importantly, loved the color. I actually wanted to get the red color for my Grand i10. But my wife preferred the silver. So ended up with the Silver Grand i10...
Thanks aton Bro. Means a lot to me.
But to be honest I always feel it incomplete, studies never allow me to complete it.

Grand i10 is a looker is all colours. I too like Silver or White colour.

#Disclaimer - Lengthy first post#
Hello Friends!
This is my very first post here and I am super excited. I am from Bangalore, the place so called as the garden city of India (not sure which garden people refer to. Its probably the concrete gardens).
I own a Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) petrol version. This is my story. Both me and my wife worked in the same office When me and my wife decided its our time to buy a car, we were looking at the Maruti Alto K10. We reside in Jayanagar and there was a Maruti showroom on Bannerghatta road, very close to where we stay. We decided to pay a visit to the showroom one fine morning. However, on our way to the showroom, close to Sagar hospital (previously Sagar-Apollo hospital) my wife saw a huge hoarding of another car of Hyundai make. She pointed her fingers at the board and told me "Did you see that car?". I was not very keen on even checking but there was a Advaith Hyundai showroom right in front. The Maruti showroom was a little further ahead. There was no harm in just taking a glance isn't it? So we stepped in, saw the Grand i10 sitting there waiting for us to test-drive it. The lady walked up to us and asked us to take a test-drive. Reluctantly, I agreed. The car we drove was the top end model. The moment, i revved it up, I could feel the difference from the WangonR that my dad owned. The pickup, the smoothness, interior build quality was far better than the WagonR which i had previously driven. My wife instantly liked it. We completely forgot about the Alto K10. We booked the Asta (O) petrol version, and have been living happily ever after.
Its been almost 3 years and ~21,000 km of driving so far and I have not been disappointed ever since. Now, I feel its time to do some upgrades which I am looking forward to. This is where this wonderful forum comes into picture. I am really looking forward to reading some great posts already contributed and all the expert advice that has surely benefited countless people who own cars. And if I am worthy, I might some day share my own views and expertise that can benefit another newbie like me.
On a personal note, I love PC games, have a killer gaming PC at home. My wife sometimes wonders if I married her own my PC. I love travelling and trekking too. I am a good writer, I love entertaining people with my god given gift to write and have made some really funny posts already contributed on Facebook.
Thanks for hanging in there an dreading my post up to the end. I look forward to interacting with all of you and hopefully learn a lot more from all the experts about my car and automobiles in general.
Hello icecoldsipra,
Welcome to the forum - and I am happy that you are a good writer & love PC games. I must confess that on-screen games & I don't get along too well! But one thread which binds us all together on this forum is our devotion to IC engines attached to 2 or 4 wheels! I understand that the days of the IC engine may be numbered, going by the proliferation of e-vehicles (both 2 & 4-wheelers), but we can always have a last hurrah with fossil fuels before changing allegiance, can't we?[:)]
Regards,
Shashanka

Thread Starter #11
Hello icecoldsipra,
Welcome to the forum - and I am happy that you are a good writer & love PC games. I must confess that on-screen games & I don't get along too well! But one thread which binds us all together on this forum is our devotion to IC engines attached to 2 or 4 wheels! I understand that the days of the IC engine may be numbered, going by the proliferation of e-vehicles (both 2 & 4-wheelers), but we can always have a last hurrah with fossil fuels before changing allegiance, can't we?[:)]
Regards,
Shashanka
Thanks Shashanka! I agree on the IC engine point you have made. I noticed you have been a marine engineer. Did you travel in ships by any chance? I wanted to join the merchant navy but call it fate or destiny, time has surely planned something else for me!...[confused]

Top Bottom