ICE with Navigation for Honda Amaze

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I would be getting my Honda Amaze Sx-MT iDtec very soon.
I like the car very much except the entertainment system (rather should not say it as Entertainment System[;)][;)][;)]).
I want to change the system with a good quality ICE with Navigation and Bluetooth Phone connectivity for taking calls.
While researching, I came to know about Map My India's ICE NAV 301, but I am not sure where to get the couplers and steering controls working with this system.
I am open to other suggestion and models also if they comes under my budget of INR 25000/-
I would also like to know if we have any dealer in Delhi / Noida / Faridabad region who could get me fitted with the system without any wire cutting.

Try Blaupunkt model which is offered as accesory in VEnto,costs around 30k,but it is worth the price.
Else buy Sony Xav68bt for multimedia and bluetooth,and you can buy base model of Map my india for navigation.

While researching, I came to know about Map My India's ICE NAV 301, but I am not sure where to get the couplers and steering controls working with this system
ICE NAV 301 does have steering wheel audio control input. But it may need some adaptors to match with your car. Regarding the wire cutting concern, nowadays all good installers are well aware of this and they use wiring harnesses. Anyway make sure the same from your end.

Don't opt for caska HU from dealer, as they are overpriced and not worth the money you pay for. You have lot options like Blaupunkt San Diego 530, Las Vegas 530, Pioneer AVIC F60BT etc. But personally I find HU integrated Navigation systems as distracting. Its up-to you but I would suggest an HU and a separate windshield mount GPS unit.

Thread Starter #4
ICE NAV 301 does have steering wheel audio control input. But it may need some adaptors to match with your car. Regarding the wire cutting concern, nowadays all good installers are well aware of this and they use wiring harnesses. Anyway make sure the same from your end.

Don't opt for caska HU from dealer, as they are overpriced and not worth the money you pay for. You have lot options like Blaupunkt San Diego 530, Las Vegas 530, Pioneer AVIC F60BT etc. But personally I find HU integrated Navigation systems as distracting. Its up-to you but I would suggest an HU and a separate windshield mount GPS unit.
Thank you for your reply.
Actually, I am very much comfortable with integrated navigation system as I have used the same for a long while I was living out of India..
I would check the models specified by you and revert back here with my findings.
BTW, are these models compatible with steering controls?

Try Blaupunkt model which is offered as accesory in VEnto,costs around 30k,but it is worth the price.
Else buy Sony Xav68bt for multimedia and bluetooth,and you can buy base model of Map my india for navigation.
Thanks for your reply.
Let me check the models specified by you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
Ok,
I got my new Silver Honda Amaze Delivered on last Sunday Apr. 12, 2015.
It's awesome feeling as I upgraded from Maruti to Premium Honda (though, it is sub sedan). I like overall quality and handling of the vehicle.
While inquiring about the ICE in dealer premises, even they asked me to get it fitted from Karol Bagh - Delhi or Tikona Park - Faridabad. They told me that the mechanics in these two locations are experts as they deal with these type of fittings on daily basis. Moreover, he also told me that the price Honda is offering for MapMyIndia (45000/-) is near double for the same model I will get aftermarket with back camera and parking sensors.
And yes, in market the same MapMyIndia ICE with parking sensors and back camera is costing me approx 25,000/-.
I will take a look on various other options and post my findings over here..

hi Ashish,
Please keep us posted about the Audio system you are going to install including the speakers you have selected for front and rear. And are you planning for a sub and tweeters?

Thread Starter #7
hi Ashish,
Please keep us posted about the Audio system you are going to install including the speakers you have selected for front and rear. And are you planning for a sub and tweeters?
Hi Debasish,
I am currently researching the ICE for my car.
I would post my findings here in a day or two.

BTW, this month I will only upgrade my HU, for speakers I will upgrade them next month due to budget constraints...

Hi everyone,

I would like to install front component speakers for my Amaze. Which one is the best that can go with the stock HU? Also please mention the size.

Thanks

Size would be 6.5" (or 6.25" or 6.75" or even 6") as you would be using a spacer to account for minor size differences with the stock hole location. Do let me know your budget and listening taste to suggest you better.

Size would be 6.5" (or 6.25" or 6.75" or even 6") as you would be using a spacer to account for minor size differences with the stock hole location. Do let me know your budget and listening taste to suggest you better.
Sorry for the late reply.. Budget is around 15K a pair. Do you have any idea about the output of the stock HU? I have searched a lot but couldn't find! Please suggest me the best I can get.

Sorry for the late reply.. Budget is around 15K a pair. Do you have any idea about the output of the stock HU? I have searched a lot but couldn't find! Please suggest me the best I can get.
15k rupee components would be decently powerful and I would suggest adding an amplifier to feed them. Your stock HU would provide somewhere between 8-15w RMS only which is low for any ser components.

I would say get a 4 channel amplifier (for 6k), wiring (for 2k) and get component speakers (for 7k). This would be lot better than feeding 8-15w RMS into the 75w RMS components. Let me know if you're okay with this plan, then I would further suggest the best you'll get.

Also you can think of adding a subwoofer or rear coaxial speakers, which would cost 3-4k for a basic one. Because if you get only components at the front, you'll have a front-biased soundstage.

Last edited:
I would like to install front component speakers for my Amaze. Which one is the best that can go with the stock HU? Also please mention the size.
Fifteen thousand worth a pair of speaker will be totally wasted if you use it without an amplifier. You can accomodate upto 6.5 inch of speakers with appropriate spacer rings on the front doors.

Last edited:
15k rupee components would be decently powerful and I would suggest adding an amplifier to feed them. Your stock HU would provide somewhere between 8-15w RMS only which is low for any ser components.

I would say get a 4 channel amplifier (for 6k), wiring (for 2k) and get component speakers (for 7k). This would be lot better than feeding 8-15w RMS into the 75w RMS components. Let me know if you're okay with this plan, then I would further suggest the best you'll get.

Also you can think of adding a subwoofer or rear coaxial speakers, which would cost 3-4k for a basic one. Because if you get only components at the front, you'll have a front-biased soundstage.
ice_wise, Lameassonwheels Thank you guys for the advise! Can you suggest the brands and model number [For amp and speakers] which I should look for? It would be a great help! I don't have much knowledge in amps.
I don't like too much bass, so I'm not that interested in a sub woofer. Also is there a possibility that I can use the existing front speakers in the rear parcel tray? I have a confusion with the size. Some say it can accomodate only 4", but somewhere I have read a 5.25" speaker can go in it!

ice_wise, Lameassonwheels Thank you guys for the advise! Can you suggest the brands and model number [For amp and speakers] which I should look for? It would be a great help! I don't have much knowledge in amps.
I don't like too much bass, so I'm not that interested in a sub woofer. Also is there a possibility that I can use the existing front speakers in the rear parcel tray? I have a confusion with the size. Some say it can accomodate only 4", but somewhere I have read a 5.25" speaker can go in it!
You can accomodate 6.5" on the front doors I think and 6x9 at the back. Or better would be to confirm the size from a car audio shop near your area. A member in TAI has 6" in front and 5.25" at the back in Amaze EMT.

4 Channel Amplifier - 5k
Front components - 4.5k
Rear 6x9 coaxials - 3.5k
Wiring - 2k
Total - 15k

Go for a Kenwood KACM8401 (not totally sure about model no. but it is entry level 4 channel amp) or JBL GXA644SI. Go for Polk DB6501, JBL CS6C (Less powerful), Hertz DSK165, or Pioneer TSG624C components for front and same brand for rear 6x9 inch coaxials. JBL makes some really good 6x9 speakers and the GTO series is really good when paired with amplifiers. Personally I feel you would not like Pioneer (too much muddy bass) but Hertz or JBL for their SQ oriented sound.

Hook up 2 channels for front and 2 for rear and use hi-level input (in case of GXA622SI) or you will need a hi-lo converter to connect the amp to the factory fitted HU, which would cost another 1k. Wiring can be selected according to your budget, Scosche and JBL are good brands but I doubt you'll those in your budget. Fusion makes some good cheap wiring kits, avoid cheap eBay kits.

Last edited:
You can accomodate 6.5" on the front doors I think and 6x9 at the back. Or better would be to confirm the size from a car audio shop near your area. A member in TAI has 6" in front and 5.25" at the back in Amaze EMT.

4 Channel Amplifier - 5k
Front components - 4.5k
Rear 6x9 coaxials - 3.5k
Wiring - 2k
Total - 15k

Go for a Kenwood KACM8401 (not totally sure about model no. but it is entry level 4 channel amp) or JBL GXA644SI. Go for Polk DB6501, JBL CS6C (Less powerful), Hertz DSK165, or Pioneer TSG624C components for front and same brand for rear 6x9 inch coaxials. JBL makes some really good 6x9 speakers and the GTO series is really good when paired with amplifiers. Personally I feel you would not like Pioneer (too much muddy bass) but Hertz or JBL for their SQ oriented sound.

Hook up 2 channels for front and 2 for rear and use hi-level input (in case of GXA622SI) or you will need a hi-lo converter to connect the amp to the factory fitted HU, which would cost another 1k. Wiring can be selected according to your budget, Scosche and JBL are good brands but I doubt you'll those in your budget. Fusion makes some good cheap wiring kits, avoid cheap eBay kits.
ice_wise: Thank you for the suggestion. I hope I can go with JBL GXA644SI and for the components what do you think of this one - JBL GTO 509C ? They have pretty good rating also when I checked in multiple sites. I'm worried if these can be directly connected to the stock HU without much wire cutting and extra converters.

Top Bottom