ICE with Navigation for Honda Amaze

ice_wise: Thank you for the suggestion. I hope I can go with JBL GXA644SI and for the components what do you think of this one - JBL GTO 509C ? They have pretty good rating also when I checked in multiple sites. I'm worried if these can be directly connected to the stock HU without much wire cutting and extra converters.
Yes GXA644SI is a good amp, no doubt. Also the components you mentioned have good reviews, but are 5.25 inch. A 6.5" unit will be better and will push more bass I think in this price range. If you'd connect them to stock HU, they would be getting around 15w continous, whereas they can handle 75w RMS when connected to an amp. And by the way, if you are getting a 4 channel amp, why not use all the 4 channels? 1 for each speaker? Also did you enquire what size fits your car for the rear? Do you want speakers in doors or parcel tray? Parcel tray option offers better SQ at similar price. Also please let me know the prices you are getting the equipment at.

Let me clarify on the install part -
You have the stock HU. Since JBL GXA644SI has hi-level inputs, it will be directly connected to your HU through speaker level input without the need of a converter. If you go for some other amplifier without hi-level input, then only you will need the converter. About wire cutting, no wires will be cut if you use couplers (a special type of connecter particular to each car which fits the stock wiring harness without wire cutting). Adding speakers directly on HU is a plug and play job. Powering them through amplifier will require extra wires but will not involve EXTRA cutting or modifications at all.

Simplifying all the above, amplifier wiring kit will connect your amplifier with the car battery (for power) and the HU (for music signals). Speaker wires will run from the amplifier through the door sills to the front doors for the front speakers, and same for the rear speakers. Speakers will be added on spacer rings through couplers, which would not involve any stock wire alteration.

I had a 6.5" in my mind till I saw this [surprise]:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...onda-amaze-vx-i-dtec-ownership-review-24.html
This guy has done a neat DIY job but I'm pretty scared to that! I'll go with 5.25" itself.
And yes, I'll be getting a 4ch amp. Regarding the rear speakers, there's no option to fix it in doors. The stock speakers are in the parcel tray. But I'm still in doubt regarding the rear speaker size. No one knows exactly what size it is. But I'm sure it's somewhere between 4" and 5.25". Worst case, I'll keep the stock rear speakers as it is if it doesn't make much difference with the size. I hope I can adjust the SQ with the amp as the rear speakers are performing quite well.
Kindly give suggestions regarding the best wiring within this budget. I need to have it well done as all these efforts would be a waste if the wiring fails.

I had a 6.5" in my mind till I saw this [surprise]:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...onda-amaze-vx-i-dtec-ownership-review-24.html
This guy has done a neat DIY job but I'm pretty scared to that! I'll go with 5.25" itself.
And yes, I'll be getting a 4ch amp. Regarding the rear speakers, there's no option to fix it in doors. The stock speakers are in the parcel tray. But I'm still in doubt regarding the rear speaker size. No one knows exactly what size it is. But I'm sure it's somewhere between 4" and 5.25". Worst case, I'll keep the stock rear speakers as it is if it doesn't make much difference with the size. I hope I can adjust the SQ with the amp as the rear speakers are performing quite well.
Kindly give suggestions regarding the best wiring within this budget. I need to have it well done as all these efforts would be a waste if the wiring fails.
Okay okay. Went through that post, in this case you should stick to 5.25 inch only. 4 channel amplifier is a good idea. The rear speakers on parcel tray would most probably be 6"x9" oval coaxials, but you'll have to confirm that (if they are visible from the boot, underside, or if their shape is oval). Rear speakers won't be able to hook up with the amplifier, as they are rated for 15-20w RMS while the amplifier would provide 65-70w RMS. It would be overpowering for any company fitted speaker and will eventually kill them. You can ask any audio shop (over phone also) if oval coaxials will fit on Amaze's tray easily.

First of all, finalise the amplifier. JBL GXA644SI it should be. Connect it through speaker level inputs, no need of converter. For rear coaxials, go for Hertz DCX 690. Go for Hertz DSK 130 for front. If rear tray doesn't hold 6x9 ovals, go for DSK 130 components for the rear as well. Place the tweeter on the parcel tray corners.

I am posting an indicative price from Snapdeal (which itself is a safe source for these products).

JBL GXA644SI - Rs. 5140
Hertz ESK130.5 Comps - Rs. 4540
Hertz DCX690 Coax - Rs. 3290
Scosche/JBL/Fusion 8 Gauge 4 channel wiring - Rs. 2000+ approx (inspect the quality yourself and buy from shops)
Labour + Spacer Rings + Couplers - Rs. 1040 approx (do hard negotiation)

Total would be around Rs. 16000. If you buy everything without bill/warranty, remove ~3k from this total. If you can, try and stretch to ESK130.5 (Energy series) as Hertz Energy series is a very competent range and much better than Deici series. In the grey market, difference would be hardly Rs. 1000. Good luck. Any more questions, bring them in.

EDIT - Just noticed that rear space is for only 5.25 inch speakers. Go for same components (as front) and try going without bill/warranty. If not, you may consider adding a small subwoofer to compensate the low rear soundstage with stock rear speakers. Just give it a thought.

Last edited:
Okay okay. Went through that post, in this case you should stick to 5.25 inch only. 4 channel amplifier is a good idea. The rear speakers on parcel tray would most probably be 6"x9" oval coaxials, but you'll have to confirm that (if they are visible from the boot, underside, or if their shape is oval). Rear speakers won't be able to hook up with the amplifier, as they are rated for 15-20w RMS while the amplifier would provide 65-70w RMS. It would be overpowering for any company fitted speaker and will eventually kill them. You can ask any audio shop (over phone also) if oval coaxials will fit on Amaze's tray easily.

First of all, finalise the amplifier. JBL GXA644SI it should be. Connect it through speaker level inputs, no need of converter. For rear coaxials, go for Hertz DCX 690. Go for Hertz DSK 130 for front. If rear tray doesn't hold 6x9 ovals, go for DSK 130 components for the rear as well. Place the tweeter on the parcel tray corners.

I am posting an indicative price from Snapdeal (which itself is a safe source for these products).

JBL GXA644SI - Rs. 5140
Hertz ESK130.5 Comps - Rs. 4540
Hertz DCX690 Coax - Rs. 3290
Scosche/JBL/Fusion 8 Gauge 4 channel wiring - Rs. 2000+ approx (inspect the quality yourself and buy from shops)
Labour + Spacer Rings + Couplers - Rs. 1040 approx (do hard negotiation)

Total would be around Rs. 16000. If you buy everything without bill/warranty, remove ~3k from this total. If you can, try and stretch to ESK130.5 (Energy series) as Hertz Energy series is a very competent range and much better than Deici series. In the grey market, difference would be hardly Rs. 1000. Good luck. Any more questions, bring them in.

EDIT - Just noticed that rear space is for only 5.25 inch speakers. Go for same components (as front) and try going without bill/warranty. If not, you may consider adding a small subwoofer to compensate the low rear soundstage with stock rear speakers. Just give it a thought.
Thanks a lot ice_wise for the effort. I've now got a clear idea about what should I be looking for. I'll be getting the JBL amp and Hertz components. But for the rear, I might have to look for a cheaper option as my budget is tight. I'm thinking I should look for 5.25" co-axials for the rear. Sub woofer isn't my choice anyhow. I have to wait one more month to get this done as I'm in Qatar right now. Will check if these are available here too.

Thanks a lot ice_wise for the effort. I've now got a clear idea about what should I be looking for. I'll be getting the JBL amp and Hertz components. But for the rear, I might have to look for a cheaper option as my budget is tight. I'm thinking I should look for 5.25" co-axials for the rear. Sub woofer isn't my choice anyhow. I have to wait one more month to get this done as I'm in Qatar right now. Will check if these are available here too.
If you have any audio shops near you, bringing the equipment from there would indeed be a great idea. If possible, audition different brands before finalising anything. Since you don't like too much bass, Pioneer would not suit you. JBL, Hertz, Infinity and Blaupunkt are the brands to look out for. Go for the same brand for front and rear as you will get a similar soundstage in the car (and not bass-heavy at the front and sharp vocals at the rear). Blaupunkt VC542 is an option, finding 5.25 size in Infinity would be a tad difficult. JBL CS5C and CS5 are 5.25" components and coaxials respectively, retailing for around 3k and 2k respectively. But they are not much powerful, no use. Stick to Hertz as there is not much choice, even 5.25 will be a hard fit at the back as stock speakers slots are even smaller. Don't worry go for what I suggested in my last post (that 16k setup) as it will cost you around 12-13k after negotiation (in grey market). I personally recommend grey market for the speakers, though you should buy amplifier with warranty.

Keep the expenditure as low as possible, as you won't like the SQ as compared to the price you will spend. I always recommend 6.5" components for fuller SQ, 5.25" costs almost the same but has lesser punch. If possible, go for components for both front and back as you will atleast enjoy the vocals clearly if not the bass (from 5.25 coaxials). Let me put a revised pricing of the equipment in grey market (here in Delhi) -

JBL GXA644SI - Rs. 4.5k
Hertz Components - Rs. 3k
Hertz Coaxials - Rs. 2k
Wiring (Fusion, JBL) - Rs. 1.5k
Labour and spacers, cable ties, etc. - Rs. 1k (or even free if you are a known customer)

It comes to around 12k, add another 1k if you want components all around. In fact, in Delhi, the Boss wires that flood the internet for 600 odd bucks are available at 300!

If you have any audio shops near you, bringing the equipment from there would indeed be a great idea. If possible, audition different brands before finalising anything. Since you don't like too much bass, Pioneer would not suit you. JBL, Hertz, Infinity and Blaupunkt are the brands to look out for. Go for the same brand for front and rear as you will get a similar soundstage in the car (and not bass-heavy at the front and sharp vocals at the rear). Blaupunkt VC542 is an option, finding 5.25 size in Infinity would be a tad difficult. JBL CS5C and CS5 are 5.25" components and coaxials respectively, retailing for around 3k and 2k respectively. But they are not much powerful, no use. Stick to Hertz as there is not much choice, even 5.25 will be a hard fit at the back as stock speakers slots are even smaller. Don't worry go for what I suggested in my last post (that 16k setup) as it will cost you around 12-13k after negotiation (in grey market). I personally recommend grey market for the speakers, though you should buy amplifier with warranty.

Keep the expenditure as low as possible, as you won't like the SQ as compared to the price you will spend. I always recommend 6.5" components for fuller SQ, 5.25" costs almost the same but has lesser punch. If possible, go for components for both front and back as you will atleast enjoy the vocals clearly if not the bass (from 5.25 coaxials). Let me put a revised pricing of the equipment in grey market (here in Delhi) -

JBL GXA644SI - Rs. 4.5k
Hertz Components - Rs. 3k
Hertz Coaxials - Rs. 2k
Wiring (Fusion, JBL) - Rs. 1.5k
Labour and spacers, cable ties, etc. - Rs. 1k (or even free if you are a known customer)

It comes to around 12k, add another 1k if you want components all around. In fact, in Delhi, the Boss wires that flood the internet for 600 odd bucks are available at 300!
Yes I'll check for these items specifically. And let me see if I can find a good car audio shop, so that I can ask them if I can get the 6.5" done! Thanks a lot ice_wise for the suggestions. Will definitely share the details once it's done.

Thread Starter #22
Hi Guys,

Sorry for being in sleeping mode for a long time. Finally, after a long research of 8 months, I have replaced my Stock Music System with Blaupunkt San Diego 530. The overall quality of the system is awesome but I have a small doubt, the system is not fully fitted into the dashboard, means theirs a small gap between the dashboard and the ICE system after fitting. It's not a major one but when I sit on driving seat I can see the back silver portion of the system.
Is this a fitting issue or San Diego is like that only?
The bezel provided with the system is not fully integrating with the dashboard area.
I can post you some pics of my system tomorrow till that time can I have some idea if I can get the required bezel somewhere?

The 2DIN slot in Amaze is contoured towards the upper part so that generic bezels won't fit perfectly in the slot, it will be slightly protruding from the surface at the top. You might need a 2DIN mounting bracket designed specifically for Blaupunkt San Diego 530 and Honda Amaze combination. Please post pics of the same, so that fellow members can give you better suggestions.

Hi Ashis
I am eagerly waiting for an update from you since I plan to install one in my Honda BRV. Did they tamper with wiring or used sockets. Please let me know.
regards
Ramana

Top Bottom