ICE Upgrade For Safari Storme (2013 EX)

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I recently got hold of a used Tata Safari Storme Bronze EX 2013. Planning to upgrade the audio setup, as it still has stock speakers and I hear some hissing noise from the rear speakers. If am not wrong, the Stormes came with Alpine HUs, but mine is different, the previous owner seems to have changed to a Pioneer DVH-3490UB and a roof mounted video screen. Would like to keep the HU as is, for the time being and change the other items around.
Plan-1: My initial plan was to get 4 Coaxials, a Mono Amp and a SW. The reason for this plan were:-
1. Mono amps would drive subs more efficiently and provides a better performance
2. Delivers more power than a 4 channel with 2 channels bridged and hence avoids/ reduces over heating and entering into protection mode - I drive to Kerala (about 700KMs straight) every 2 to 3 months and do not want to run into heating problems, Neither want to under power the subs and not getting a optimum power/ performance
3. Easy to switch On/ Off on need basis, when travelling with family we mostly prefer talking and enjoying the drive, or have the music running very low - Additionally my wife do not enjoy loud beats that much, however I would need the heavy beats to keep myself sane in the stupid B'lore traffic
4. Easy to bring back the car to stock setup, by any chance I decide to sell it - I can get the things done myself, when compared to a more complicated setup done with component speakers, 4-Channel Amp, etc.
5. Thought this would be a preferred option for big SUVs, etc. over the bridged option being used for hatches and other small cars
Above points are my thoughts & understanding only, which I derived based on the research done (I may be wrong). But most of the installers are discouraging me on this and suggesting me plan-2.
Plan-2: Have Component speakers in the front, coaxials for rear, 4-Channel Amp, SW. The front components would be driven by the 2 channels and the SW by the remaining 2 in bridged mode.
Am having a hard time choosing among these, to start with. One of the highly reputed installers in Bangalore has convinced me with Plan-2 and has promised much better performance with this and the SW performing without issues and delivering very good power & performance. Am also struggling with the selection of the different items & brands for the build. Below are the suggestion I received from the installer:-

Options for Component Speakers:-
1. MTX TR65S
2. Cerwin Vega XED650c
3. MTX TX265SX (Preferred-2)
4. Infinity Ref6520cx (Preferred-1)
5. Focal Auditor RSE 165PSI (Expensive)

Options for Coaxial Speakers:-
1. MTX TR65c
2. Cerwin Vega XED62c
3. MTX TX265C (Preferred-2)
4. Infinity Ref6522ix (Preferred-1)
5. Focal Auditor RCX 165PSI (Expensive)

Options for 4-Channel Amps:-
1. Blaupunkt EMA 455 (Not too keen on this)
2. MTX T450-4
3. Cerwin Vega HED600.4 (Product discontinued as per my research)
4. Acustika AKH80.4D (Product discontinued as per my research)

Options for Subs:-
1. Blaupunkt GTw 12.4HP
2. MTX TR 12 04 (Preferred-1)
3. Cerwin Vega XED124 MK2
4. Focal RSD 300 (Expensive)

Do not really have a preferred option among the amps as of now, am yet to find a better one, please suggest me some. Even the other items are not finalized, need your suggestions.
My overall budget in the beginning was about 25K, but after some research realised that it may not be possible to meet that, hence am willing to extend it to 35K - 38K, including basic damping. I need a SQ setup and not too boomy (going for sealed enclosure), mostly listens to Bollywood hits, remixes, EDMs, etc.
Please pour in your valuable suggestions and thoughts on the build and the brands that I should stay away from, based on your experiences and knowledge.

Thanks,
Arvind S.

Hi Arvind,

Congrats again on your safari. If you get all the stuff online/offline you can go to the installer which I recommended for you at JC Road Bangalore .

Cheers,
Anshuman

Firstly, go with PLAN2. Problem with plan 1 is the sub will overpower everything as your speakers will not be powered enough, so not good music.

Now, coming to choices of drivers, you have listed fairly well suited options, pick something that has a deep signature as Safari has a huge cabin. The infinity are a good choice (have a look at rainbows too). power them with a good 4-ch amp as the first level setup.
If you have plans for damping, dont go for budget ones as they hardly do any good. Wait a bit, save more and do damping as a second upgrade.

Now, lets explore a possible PLAN 3 - Components and coaxes remain same. Get a decently powerful 4-ch amp say a DD or DLS. Power the fronts with the 2 channels and bridge the other 2 channel to power a sub in a sealed box (SQ). For sub have a look at RF punch series (prime series is the cheaper one).

Top Bottom