ICE Suggestions Needed For Chevrolet Beat

Thread Starter #1
Hello mates,

It has been quite some time that I had posted here after acquiring my Chevrolet Beat LT 1.2. My car is almost 6 years old now and been serving me pretty well. I had been contemplating on the thought of upgrading my car ICE for quite some time but other things in life took priority, however this time I have managed to squeeze some considerable budget for it.

Even after going through a lot of threads & reviews around this topic the dilemma remains. I have finally ordered below products and am still contemplating on replacing 4 stock speakers (Front 4" & Rear 6"x4") and would need your assistance in choosing the same.

Items already ordered:
1. Subwoofer - Pioneer Ts-w3003d4 12" 2,000-watt Champion Series pro Sub-woofer
2. Mono Amp - Infinity - Kappa One 800 Watt Class-D Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
3. Amp Wiring Kit - Scosche KPA8C 680 Watts 8-gauge OFC Mono/2 Channel Amplifier Wiring/Installation Kit
4. Dash 2 Din frame - Speedwav Konnects BD-CH03 Car Audio Stereo Frame-Chevrolet Beat Type 1 (2009-2014)
5. Android HU - JOYING 7"

Items that I need to purchase (budget is under 8K, max 10K):
1. Sealed Subwoofer enclosure/box of 1 cu ft - suggest pls?
2. Front 4" Components (Suggest if Coaxial would be better) - Which one?
3. Rear 6"X4" - Components or Coaxial? Which one?

I would appreciate all you experts for your precious suggestions and do add items which I might need but have forgotten in the list.

Thank you,

Regards,
Hitman

Items already ordered
Have you already ordered these items, though amazon? Some of them were cheaper from other sites. Have a look

Items that I need to purchase (budget is under 8K, max 10K):
1. Sealed Subwoofer enclosure/box of 1 cu ft - suggest pls?
2. Front 4" Components (Suggest if Coaxial would be better) - Which one?
3. Rear 6"X4" - Components or Coaxial? Which one?
1. Suggest to go for a custom made one, that saves a considerable space in boot.
2 & 3. Forget the OE spec, you get very limited options (only co-axials) If you prefer to use components go for regular size (6.5")

PS: I'm not sure how good Joying HU will drive a component speaker, if possible go for a 4 ch amp (for front components and sub in bridge mode, drive the rear co-ax through HU)

Thread Starter #3
Have you already ordered these items, though amazon? Some of them were cheaper from other sites. Have a look
Yes, I had already ordered them from Amazon (links that I shared) and had received a 10% cashback for Citi card. Before placing the order I searched through every possible website for better price but couldn't find any hence went ahead. Could you please post a link to the cheaper source, I may cancel my order before I receive this order which may be next week.

1. Suggest to go for a custom made one, that saves a considerable space in boot.
2 & 3. Forget the OE spec, you get very limited options (only co-axials) If you prefer to use components go for regular size (6.5")
I agree that there are very few options to mount at stock location but at this point I am not interested to mount on door (too much hassel). If only I fail to get a 4" then I might consider on the door option. Got to know about couple of 4" from web listed below:
1. JBL GTO429 (unable to find in India, only option to import)
2. Pioneer G-1020s (unable to find in India, only option to import)
3. Polk audio db401 (unable to find in India, only option to import)

PS: I'm not sure how good Joying HU will drive a component speaker, if possible go for a 4 ch amp (for front components and sub in bridge mode, drive the rear co-ax through HU)
My initial plan didn't not include speaker upgrade but then just though of doing so if budget permits. I plan to run Sub (600 RMS) from Mono Amp (800 RMS at 2 ohms) and might buy a 2 ch or 4 ch sub to run front/Rear or both per the subs power rating.

I appreciate your response. Looking forward for more suggestions.

Could you please post a link to the cheaper source, I may cancel my order
Sub : 18k from Pioneer official site https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-entertainment-car-subwoofers-champion-series/ts-w3003d4/

1. JBL GTO429 (unable to find in India, only option to import)
2. Pioneer G-1020s (unable to find in India, only option to import)
3. Polk audio db401 (unable to find in India, only option to import)
4" Co-ax is available from local retailers, but you get a limited choice when compared with 5.25" / 6.5"

Thread Starter #5
Sub : 18k from Pioneer official site https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-entertainment-car-subwoofers-champion-series/ts-w3003d4/

4" Co-ax is available from local retailers, but you get a limited choice when compared with 5.25" / 6.5"
I had bought it at a lower price than what is shown with the seller, other sellers are selling well below that price which was much below 18K, hope that was a good deal.

I am aware that getting 4" speaker is a tough job (technically speakers are available but not the quality ones).
Do you suggest for a front door installation where I can install a 6.5" component speaker. Also suggest some good components for the same.

Just posting a link from another forum for sample of front door installation.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review - Page 73 - Team-BHP

***Mods, please remove the link if this is against the forum policy***

I would appreciate more suggestions from more members on my query so that I can decide quickly.
***I am assuming that this forum is still alive***

Thread Starter #6
I would appreciate more suggestions from more members on my query so that I can decide quickly.
***I am assuming that this forum is still alive***
I wonder if we lack experts in this community who could assist me.

Let me make another futile attempt.
I am in need of 4"x6" coaxial speaker for rear and need suggestions, please assist.

Thread Starter #7
Finally my car got much needed ICE upgrade. Went ahead for installation as planned this Saturday.

Below things were installed:
1. JOYING HU (Android 6.0)
2. POLK AUDIO DB+ 6502 components (front door)
3. PIONEER TS-W3003D4 12" Sub - Enclosed in MDF box placed in boot
4. INFINITY Kappa One Mono Amp - under front seat

Pending upgrade:
5. Rear Coaxial speakers - planned for Polk Audio DB461 but unable to find them in market

I will upload pics of my upgrade once I am done with some minor repair on my front bumper and fender in addition to proper clean-up of interior after the installation mess-up.
Pics will be uploaded on this thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5425-my-new-chevy-beat-1-2-lt.html

Finally my car got much needed ICE upgrade. Went ahead for installation as planned this Saturday.

Below things were installed:
1. JOYING HU (Android 6.0)
2. POLK AUDIO DB+ 6502 components (front door)
3. PIONEER TS-W3003D4 12" Sub - Enclosed in MDF box placed in boot
4. INFINITY Kappa One Mono Amp - under front seat

Pending upgrade:
5. Rear Coaxial speakers - planned for Polk Audio DB461 but unable to find them in market

I will upload pics of my upgrade once I am done with some minor repair on my front bumper and fender in addition to proper clean-up of interior after the installation mess-up.
Pics will be uploaded on this thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5425-my-new-chevy-beat-1-2-lt.html
Looks like you havn't amped the fronts. Your sub would be overpowering the components and causing vocal degradation. Suggest you to amp the fronts too.

Would be interested in working pics of the Joying HU.

Top Bottom