ICE Suggestions For My New Waggie

Thread Starter #1
Hello fellow TAIans,

:help:

As promised, I am back to request your help and inputs in deciding best thing for my waggie.

I would be taking delivery of my car in a weeks time, since my model does not come with a built in ICE, I have to make a choice to get one installed. I don't really have a hefty budget for it when I am making a budget car purchase with economical fuel of CNG [embarass]

What I am looking for is a Head Unit with two front speakers which can play decent music from USB and FM for sure, anything additional would be good and taken into consideration while finalizing. Let me put my thoughts in points as follow:

- Require a head unit which should be Double Din and Single Din looks ugly on this dashboard. Though I am budget guy but if I am manage looks shouldn't I (Single Din looks something like this: Google Image Result for http://images04.olx.in/ui/3/03/30/1351847430_451880330_2-Maruti-Wagon-R-LXI-for-Sale-Bangalore.jpg

- I would prefer one HU with two front speakers with required quality instead of having four speakers (I know in this budget getting sub woofers would be dream). I am preferring two speakers as rides would be mostly single or at max double, the occupancy of backs seats are unlikely for the coming year most of the times.

- USB play is must, CD is definitely good option to have, again FM is must. Bluetooth may or may not be there, though good to have but looks difficult from my initial survey findings.

As suggested and as required by Admin, I am providing specific details as per format provided in the coming section.

> Your Car: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Lxi CNG

> Budget Range: 08K-13K

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.): Head Unit + Speakers

> Preferred Brands (If any): None but would prefer branded units

> Preferred Music Genre: Multiple (depends on Mood)

> Existing Audio Setup: None

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Will ask as I gain more knowledge and inputs here

Request your inputs here.

I fixed a 6.1 inch Touchscreen Dvd player for 11k. It works like a gem. Brand name is Geesonic 1yr replacement warranty. So why going for costly head units?

Thread Starter #3
I fixed a 6.1 inch Touchscreen Dvd player for 11k. It works like a gem. Brand name is Geesonic 1yr replacement warranty. So why going for costly head units?
Interesting, if that the cost and feedback from you I would definitely be interested in getting one for me. Can you share more details, preferably with a pic if possible. I looked for same option at dealership but none of the head units with LCD was being offered in anything less than 18K

Interesting, if that the cost and feedback from you I would definitely be interested in getting one for me. Can you share more details, preferably with a pic if possible. I looked for same option at dealership but none of the head units with LCD was being offered in anything less than 18K
I have posted fotos of them in another thread you can find them here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ki-ertiga-zdi-bought-ownership-review-96.html

I bought and fixed it in Chennai. I did not change the speakers as it was already there in my ertiga. This HU was previously fit i Figo and now in my new ertiga. I think you could get speakers and rear camera aroung 4k

Thread Starter #5
I have posted fotos of them in another thread you can find them here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ki-ertiga-zdi-bought-ownership-review-96.html

I bought and fixed it in Chennai. I did not change the speakers as it was already there in my ertiga. This HU was previously fit i Figo and now in my new ertiga. I think you could get speakers and rear camera aroung 4k
Hey Thanks Man, for posting pics on such short notice. Looks good on your LUV, I shall surely check out this option in after market stores and the take a decision.

Thanks

Hey Thanks Man, for posting pics on such short notice. Looks good on your LUV, I shall surely check out this option in after market stores and the take a decision.

Thanks
Yes buddy....in todays world most of the after market electronics goods are built good equal to the branded ones. We need to select them corretly. Like in previous days we Indians only buy Nokia mobiles but the market has changed now we started buying Chinese mobiles too.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Yes buddy....in todays world most of the after market electronics goods are built good equal to the branded ones. We need to select them corretly. Like in previous days we Indians only buy Nokia mobiles but the market has changed now we started buying Chinese mobiles too.
Exactly and I am a big fan of stiff competition allowing no one a upper hand. I am surely going to check out this one any of these days or max Saturday which has been dedicated for accessories.

Apart from this possible consideration. I have two shortlist already if I opt for high branded ones, those being:

1. Go for Vxi Set up which is costing about 12.5K for HU and 4 Nippon Speakers - The positive things being the looks on dashboard it will bring and 4 speakers that would come in. The con being possibly higher cost I may be paying for the quality of sound that I may receive. It looks something like this: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=W...i-wagon-r-in-pictures%2F15363%2F1%2F6;640;480

2. The Second option if one of the HU displayed over Accessories at dealership. Happened to check thoroughly 2Din HU by Alpine, Pioneer and JVC in range of 7K-9K. Liked the Pioneer one both in terms of looks as well and sound quality, the link for it is mentioned below. The only issue is speaker needs to be bought separately. Sales person recommended Nippon for obvious reason while informed friends recommended JBL 6" 2 speakers at least.
FH-X559UI |

Everyone Please share your inputs around them.

Thanks

Exactly and I am a big fan of stiff competition allowing no one a upper hand. I am surely going to check out this one any of these days or max Saturday which has been dedicated for accessories.

Apart from this possible consideration. I have two shortlist already if I opt for high branded ones, those being:

1. Go for Vxi Set up which is costing about 12.5K for HU and 4 Nippon Speakers - The positive things being the looks on dashboard it will bring and 4 speakers that would come in. The con being possibly higher cost I may be paying for the quality of sound that I may receive. It looks something like this: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=W...i-wagon-r-in-pictures%2F15363%2F1%2F6;640;480

2. The Second option if one of the HU displayed over Accessories at dealership. Happened to check thoroughly 2Din HU by Alpine, Pioneer and JVC in range of 7K-9K. Liked the Pioneer one both in terms of looks as well and sound quality, the link for it is mentioned below. The only issue is speaker needs to be bought separately. Sales person recommended Nippon for obvious reason while informed friends recommended JBL 6" 2 speakers at least.
FH-X559UI |

Everyone Please share your inputs around them.

Thanks
Hey nick,
If you go for VXI that would be better option. If not get LXI and buy the HU from accessories shops that cost is too high 9k foir just a cd / mp3 player. Why not you check swift HU.

i am also in the same boat and am searching for a ICE for my ritz.I dont want to spend much because usage will not be much.
I would say dont spend 12.5k on crappy mga .Looks will be good but sound quality will be of a 4k system.
I have been eyeing snapdeal nowadays becoz they have cheap ice and 10% discount
check this page
Car Audio Video Systems - Buy Car Speakers, Subwoofers, Amplifiers, CD/DVD Player | Snapdeal.com

this jvc double din is available for rs 6300

JVC - KW R400 - 2-DIN USB/CD Receiver with Dual AUX - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

buy jbl for speakers-6 inches-will cost only 1500 for a pair
At that price you can even get 4 speakers for 3k
again check snapdeal

this will get u a ice for less than 10k

Also ask your dealers for combo package in wagon R , they have such scheme going on nowadays

That deal in snapdeal is for a Cd, Mp3 player
http://www.sony.co.in/product/xav-63

Guys choose the best deal not old deal.

Thread Starter #11
Hey nick,
If you go for VXI that would be better option. If not get LXI and buy the HU from accessories shops that cost is too high 9k foir just a cd / mp3 player. Why not you check swift HU.
I cannot go with a VXi, I need to have a CNG Varient and Vxi or Vxi trim ina CNG option is not on offer.

i am also in the same boat and am searching for a ICE for my ritz.I dont want to spend much because usage will not be much.
I would say dont spend 12.5k on crappy mga .Looks will be good but sound quality will be of a 4k system.
I have been eyeing snapdeal nowadays becoz they have cheap ice and 10% discount
check this page
Car Audio Video Systems - Buy Car Speakers, Subwoofers, Amplifiers, CD/DVD Player | Snapdeal.com

this jvc double din is available for rs 6300

JVC - KW R400 - 2-DIN USB/CD Receiver with Dual AUX - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

buy jbl for speakers-6 inches-will cost only 1500 for a pair
At that price you can even get 4 speakers for 3k
again check snapdeal

this will get u a ice for less than 10k

Also ask your dealers for combo package in wagon R , they have such scheme going on nowadays
Let me know when you finalize one for your Rtiz. The JVC one is I think getting more popular these days especially in Lxi CNG. Checked it out in my last visit and somehow I did not like the sound quality of it and hence moved on to Alpine and Pioneer one's. The cost I don't think Snapdeal is offering anything attractive. The MRP quoted at dealership is same as mentioned in Snapdeal and I am sure dealership can give 5%-10% discount on same as well.

If I can get 2JBL 6" at INR1500, I will grab it as even Nippon pair would not cost anything less than INR100. JVC is the one on offer on most of the combo's already checked it out.

That deal in snapdeal is for a Cd, Mp3 player
XAV-63 : Mobile Display : Xplod™ In Car Visual : Sony India

Guys choose the best deal not old deal.
Kinky, this one cost 19K [roll] Boss I don't have that budget

still deciding on the system for my ritz
For me snapdeal is offering the best price compared to my local dealers maybe because i reside in ddn Delhi will obviously be cheaper.
Also where have u looked for the system.I will be driving down to delhi this month and maybe i can get the system installed there. Do guide me where have u got good deals.

What is the cost of JBL speakers at your local dealers.Is it even lower than 1500-1600 which the snapdeal is offering??
Also go for JBL . Not nippon and not even JVC .

JVC is the one on offer on most of the combo's already checked it out.
The aftermarket JVC u mean or a special one fr maruti?? Because for ritz they have a special one for maruti ritz. Its alpine,usb/aux/bluetooth only .Fits the ritz perfectly and is excellent to look at (same as OE unit which comes in zxi). this unit costs 7k but the problem is the dealer can only give it as a part of the combo deal it is not available separately.
I am tempted to buy this unit and will try to get it in some way this weekend otherwise i will go for a single din ICE.

Also since u r in delhi try to get your hands on the wagon r vxi unit which ppl exchange for something else at aftermarket dealers.It will b easily available in karol bagh etc. Shouldnt cost u more than 2-3k.I recently saw a wagonr vxi unit selling for 3k at the local dehradun dealer so u will definitely find it in delhi.

The aftermarket JVC u mean or a special one fr maruti?? Because for ritz they have a special one for maruti ritz. Its alpine,usb/aux/bluetooth only .Fits the ritz perfectly and is excellent to look at (same as OE unit which comes in zxi). this unit costs 7k but the problem is the dealer can only give it as a part of the combo deal it is not available separately.
You mean this one model from Alpine (approved by MGA) ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
still deciding on the system for my ritz
For me snapdeal is offering the best price compared to my local dealers maybe because i reside in ddn Delhi will obviously be cheaper.
Also where have u looked for the system.I will be driving down to delhi this month and maybe i can get the system installed there. Do guide me where have u got good deals. You are most welcomed to Delhi. Not sure if prices vary across Maruti dealership for same stuff or not. I am checking out in Ghaziabad and would be happy to get the deal at price at which I finalize.

What is the cost of JBL speakers at your local dealers.Is it even lower than 1500-1600 which the snapdeal is offering??
Also go for JBL . Not nippon and not even JVC . As per your advice, my experience and other forum report, I have confirmed for JBL speakers. Not sure how snap dealis offering such discount, could not get it less than INR 2400 from other avenues and it was same that maruti offered and hence grabbed it. Sadly due to personal bad experience with snapdeal, I do not trust online electronics purchase.

I am tempted to buy this unit and will try to get it in some way this weekend otherwise i will go for a single din ICE. Checked the Alpine options as well, I must say quality is good and the cost as well, I found one costing 7K with 2 speakers included. Regarding combo deal it's true, there were some on offer in my case as well but hey are not ready to offer the same as standalone.

Also since u r in delhi try to get your hands on the wagon r vxi unit which ppl exchange for something else at aftermarket dealers.It will b easily available in karol bagh etc. Shouldnt cost u more than 2-3k.I recently saw a wagonr vxi unit selling for 3k at the local dehradun dealer so u will definitely find it in delhi. I dont prefer to go to after market one's especially the ones who offer enormous discounts, multiple bad experienceas
Hey, put across my points in bold. Please do check out

Yes Arijit, this one and host of other MS approved designs of Alpine are available. overall I found them good and cost effective. Where car have you got them installed?

Same but the unit doesnt have cd slot instead has bluetooth.cd/usb/aux/bluetooth is just what is required.

Checked the Alpine options as well, I must say quality is good and the cost as well, I found one costing 7K with 2 speakers included. Regarding combo deal it's true, there were some on offer in my case as well but hey are not ready to offer the same as standalone.
same in my case they r not giving as standalone. I love the alpine unit they have.
the present offer for ritz is
alpine HU+seat covers art leather+2 mga speakers=rs 10250
Seems good since the HU itself cost 7k . But i am vary about the fitting of seat covers and MGA speakers r crap.
May have to compromise on looks and go in for a single din unit.

Do share what u have decided in the end????

Top Bottom