ICE Suggestions For My New Waggie

Thread Starter #46
Have no idea but why do u need one with sd card when there are extremely small usb drives available.They should be more than enough .
i am just curios. I don't need one, first playing music from SD Card is a rare option for me, even if I have to it would be through my phone which can be done through Aux and even after that if I get to use one, I already have a card reader.

Not sure why but if I remember correctly readering from SD card was very popular in initial days when such HU were launched, I could see Taxi guys swapping card with each other. Not sure if it was porperly of lesser priced units or have the trend changed and if changed why? [roll]

it can come off but get touching done from anywhere u want .Its not part of the body so you can get it touched any number of times you want.Or get silver paint for scratching that all mechanics have use a very thin paintbrush and apply it over the scratch.
I got it painted from a FNG painter I think it looks much better than black What do you say ???
It definitely looks better no doubt and I might actually get one for my Waggie, I am getting tempted. What I have as of now is a black side bumper scratch guards and not the whole bumper scratch guards. I shall post a pic of it so that you guys can suggest

It definitely looks better no doubt and I might actually get one for my Waggie, I am getting tempted. What I have as of now is a black side bumper scratch guards and not the whole bumper scratch guards. I shall post a pic of it so that you guys can suggest
i know what you mean personally i dont like black bumper guards/black sensors I always want them to match my car's colour.U can get these painted very easily

The guard i have installed has the added advantage of protecting your car's rear from minor bumps
throughout.If u wanna get this u will have to source it from somewhere since this thing was an MGA accessory for pre-facelifted ritz .(and it was only offered for the ritz strangely ). So it maybe a little hard to find .

Question to Petroholic, As you posted the pic back of your Ritz,

Hom much it cost to remove the LXI badge ? Please share the expenditure ? Also like to know,after removing that you painted that portion ? Is it done @ MASS or outside ?

It looks excellent.

----------------

Here in this thread post no.13, I uploaded the Alpine HU which contained Sandisk Micro USB Drive....It almost hidden and it looks cool.....

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ice-suggestions-my-new-waggie.html#post298655

Here is drive page Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive by SanDisk

available in 4,8,16,32 gb space.

--------------------

I love the color Glistering Grey, but compromising with Granite Grey.

The color is similar with Alto 800 Granite Grey - most of time it looks Black, but in close look it shows Grey.

Granite = Slate = Black resemblance.

Last edited:
Question to Petroholic, As you posted the pic back of your Ritz,

How much it cost to remove the LXI badge ? Please share the expenditure ? Also like to know,after removing that you painted that portion ? Is it done @ MASS or outside ?
It looks excellent.
cost none.......did it myself
And no painting required its is just a sticker

its a pretty simple process

1 take a strong thread- i took dental floss
2 heat the area of the badge using hair dryer
3 using the thready very slowly pull the badge out
4 u will be left with gum residue on the paint, remove it using diesel and thinner (use thinner only on that area

Thread Starter #52
i know what you mean personally i dont like black bumper guards/black sensors I always want them to match my car's colour.U can get these painted very easily

The guard i have installed has the added advantage of protecting your car's rear from minor bumps
throughout.If u wanna get this u will have to source it from somewhere since this thing was an MGA accessory for pre-facelifted ritz .(and it was only offered for the ritz strangely ). So it maybe a little hard to find .
Yes even I would prefer body colored bumper guards but getting them painted each time they get a scratch would be real test of my patience. Your guard is similar to what Hyundai offers on Santo and i10 models, will surely have to find one for MS if I need one.

Here in this thread post no.13, I uploaded the Alpine HU which contained Sandisk Micro USB Drive....It almost hidden and it looks cool.....

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ice-suggestions-my-new-waggie.html#post298655

Here is drive page Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive by SanDisk

available in 4,8,16,32 gb space.

--------------------
Thanks for the info Arijit, never know Alpine is offering the same. Now that my Choice has already been made I think if I ever need one it would be a card reader driven one only

Thread Starter #53
its a pretty simple process

1 take a strong thread- i took dental floss
2 heat the area of the badge using hair dryer
3 using the thready very slowly pull the badge out
4 u will be left with gum residue on the paint, remove it using diesel and thinner (use thinner only on that area
Thanks for sharing the details of process, it's simple but it's delicate as well I think. Anyway I have no need to remove the badges as everyone know a factory fitted CNG comes on in Lxi

BTW the residue you are removing is by use of diesel/Thinner. I just wanted to confirm if I can use them for removing front wind shiead sticker residue (the one you get from pasting gatepasses and parking passes)

Thanks for sharing the details of process, it's simple but it's delicate as well I think.
It was pretty easy acc to me
Just that the rubbing the gum residue out will take around 30 mins
And dont worry there is very little possibility of damaging the paint.The badges are stuck only with a rubber adhesive Automotive paint is very strong to come out like that

Also just search " debadging your car" on google and you will find many people who prefer to debadge the car totally.

on windshield u can use thinner without any problem
thinner is the best way to remove anything from glasses just dont let it touch with paint for a long time

Thread Starter #55
on windshield u can use thinner without any problem
thinner is the best way to remove anything from glasses just dont let it touch with paint for a long time
Thanks Petoholic.

On the other hand as I had promised it a little long back, I am sharing images of Mu Pionner ICE HU that I got installed as well and rear parking sensors that Arijit asked for a look into.

Please share your thoughts

Attachments

@envynicky,

Thanks for sharing the pic of both, please share the screen/display of the parking sensor with reverse gear on - Hope there is one to show the distance with graph or not ? Just the buzzer ?please confirm......

Is it me or whats wrong [surprise] , by any chance did you installed the HU upside down ?

Great choice and congrats. [:)] , you opt with CD-Drive one [clap] [:D]
And it is a very popular HU,saw in couple of Swifts - Can you confirm it can change the color according to your test (meaning match with WagonR's console) ? please also share the price.....

Can you post a pic (if possible) the whole dash board section including steering wheel in a daylight ? Hows the look .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
@envynicky,

Thanks for sharing the pic of both, please share the screen/display of the parking sensor with reverse gear on - Hope there is one to show the distance with graph or not ? Just the buzzer ?please confirm......

Is it me or whats wrong , by any chance did you installed the HU upside down ?

Great choice and congrats , you opt with CD-Drive one
And it is a very popular HU,saw in couple of Swifts - Can you confirm it can change the color according to your test (meaning match with WagonR's console) ? please also share the price.....

Can you post a pic (if possible) the whole dash board section including steering wheel in a daylight ? Hows the look .
Arijit, yes there is sensor and the display is exactly similar to what was posted by Petroholic I guess few post above this, if you still want I will click one for you tomorrow.

The HU is not installed upside down but the pic has been taken and then uploaded upside down, Foll of me not to check it even while uploading [frustration]

I was not very keen on having a CD option, rather I would have preferred to swap that with an Bluetooth option, but insistence by my better half ensured CD drive being there. Not sure when it would be used, even has not been touched once till date except for testing purpose on installation date.

You can surely change color as per preference and even alter the rate of change of alteration if you have opted for a mixed color display. This was my first concern before deciding on this unit.

A pic of dashboard if posted for you reference below:

Attachments

Arijit, yes there is sensor and the display is exactly similar to what was posted by Petroholic I guess few post above this, if you still want I will click one for you tomorrow.

The HU is not installed upside down but the pic has been taken and then uploaded upside down, Foll of me not to check it even while uploading [frustration]

I was not very keen on having a CD option, rather I would have preferred to swap that with an Bluetooth option, but insistence by my better half ensured CD drive being there. Not sure when it would be used, even has not been touched once till date except for testing purpose on installation date.

You can surely change color as per preference and even alter the rate of change of alteration if you have opted for a mixed color display. This was my first concern before deciding on this unit.

A pic of dashboard if posted for you reference below:
Dash board looks cool - Double Din HU completes the looks. Thanks for posting.

Above the Dash, Left Side of the Divinity frame , behind the open compartment there another Dark rectangular Area......Is it another storage space ?

i am loving your questions[:D]
[:)] It proves I'm complete noob and got no idea about anything about cars.

BTW....Last weekend drove the Petrol version of OLD Ritz - It's a training vehicles - Feels really powerful & silent.

Last edited:

Top Bottom