ICE Suggestions For My New Waggie

The Antena must be in top of the roof just near the front windscreen, if not can you search your car, it must be at Glove Box or the Top Dash Board storage, look for any packet....else can you check under seat storage if any or the Tool Kit packet where your spare tyre hidden at Boot.

It must be there unless they remove it beforehand. If that thing not there, then it is complete Daylight Robbery.....The brochure clearly mentioned Roof Antena for each varient.
Will check it out and confirm by today.

Still not decided yet..just collecting the info from them,over the phone they discouraging to go for Combo pack by saying 'Once we open the pack you need to accept all the stuff, if you like or not....if you don't like the seat cover we can't help you there'....though I didn't asked the price of that ....missed...ehh.
Here I completely agree with you,

but point to consider here if I don't like the seat cover than what ? As you said MGA speaker = crap = gone. Unless you sell/exchange it out side.

Only 1 item usable steering wheel cover, but didn't they provide one for your car at Basic Kit (Steering Cover+Mud Flap+Foot Mat+Perfume) for free ??
That's just foolish.....my dealer showed me the alpine unit,the seatcovers which are there in the combo kit even though i didnt buy anything from them.U will have to be a little stubborn with them.Be polite but stubborn and make them feel that u will not spend even a single penny without verifying what u are spending it on.Or else go to another dealership and tell your dealer about doing so.Another dealer will surely show u the contents of the combo deal.
And just to give u an idea
alpine HU comes with bluetooth/usb/aux..... dont know about sd card , it looks fab and completely oem
Seat covers - u can go for complete black art leather it is available in combo deal.Or see some more designs
Steering cover - u r right i got it as basic accessory - my dealer was ready to minus rs 250 from combo deal even before me asking him to do any such thing
Mga speakers - this is what i plan to do ,install the mga speakers at back buy jbl speakers for rs 1500 from outside and fit them in the front
Since mine is a self driven car

you get all of the above for rs 10250 and no worries for warranty or running after aftermarket accessory shops...... i think this makes sense

This is 100% true once we use USB/Aux In - we may not ever slide a CD ever into the drive, but if you ever come across in a situation where you need to play a CD which got some lecture / vocal instruction and don't have time to listen at home, then you are stuck at that point.
tranfer the contents of the cd into a pendrive....simple.
remember cd's r already a thing of the past

nyhow,I also talked about the Reverse Parking Sensor with Sales.Rep. Obviously they try to push for the Camera One.

According to them, The camera one shows the picture - Calculate safe parking distance from behind & Side - Calculate extreme parking distance from behind & Side - Warn / Guide by voice. The Sensor one only shows the distance & warn by buzzer nothing else.
dont listen to them a camera is more of a gimmick....the real use u will have is of sensors.See when u reverse the actual distance of the vehicle from any obstacle is not shown instead only what is present behind u is shown.If u can understand what i mean.... its difficult to put in words.
a camera mounted on the rear bumper is not of much use that is the reason ppl buy number plate mounted camera which shows a part of the rear bumper ...... this type of cameras are not available at dealerships.I have a system with cam as well as sensors in my other car and i know what i am talking about.

U know what i find the most useful.....a six sensor system( 2 in front,4 in back) . for a beginner it is a boon and it doesnt cost much

one more advice ..... dont go for irvm mounted display for sensors, go for a separate display only

Asked about rear Steel Crash Guard/Bar for protection for rear bumper, If I install out side, they claim it may hamper warranty ("do you mean void warranty - No Sir it may hamper warranty") as it involve chasis drilling.
Dont install it at any cost[shock]
u will only be shiifting the damage from body to rear axle.It does more harm then good.

On gear lock they informed me as well the Wagon R does not have a gear lock possibility and not available. Not sure should I get one or not as I believe if one can crack iCats, he shall surely be able to get rid of this gear lock as well. What say?
Everything is possible to crack.But gear lock /steering lock are mechanical devices . It will surely delay the theft by atleast 15 mins.

I am not sure if dealership would agree to installing something from outside as they might find themselves in trouble from MS for installing non approved accessories. Not sure on this but believe it to be so. Please inform me if you manage to get this done
dont worry if u r buying a 10k HU from them they will surely install 1.5k speakers. Or else go to any accessories shop they will install the speakers with proper couplers.Ice installation is pretty simple any shop will do it without voiding warranty

Will check it out and confirm by today.

That's just foolish.....my dealer showed me the alpine unit,the seatcovers which are there in the combo kit even though i didnt buy anything from them.U will have to be a little stubborn with them.Be polite but stubborn and make them feel that u will not spend even a single penny without verifying what u are spending it on.Or else go to another dealership and tell your dealer about doing so.Another dealer will surely show u the contents of the combo deal.
And just to give u an idea
alpine HU comes with bluetooth/usb/aux..... dont know about sd card , it looks fab and completely oem
Seat covers - u can go for complete black art leather it is available in combo deal.Or see some more designs
Steering cover - u r right i got it as basic accessory - my dealer was ready to minus rs 250 from combo deal even before me asking him to do any such thing
Mga speakers - this is what i plan to do ,install the mga speakers at back buy jbl speakers for rs 1500 from outside and fit them in the front
Since mine is a self driven car

you get all of the above for rs 10250 and no worries for warranty or running after aftermarket accessory shops...... i think this makes sense
Thanks for the suggestion, will keep in my mind when I will there in that postion, Anyhow due to Rare color of my choice and recent maintenance shutdown at MS plant my desired car not at their manifest of this month lot which is out for Kolkata....as informed by the SE and his Senior yesterday over the phone,they want me choose additional color option,but I reject......So the whole processe further delayed.

tranfer the contents of the cd into a pendrive....simple.
remember cd's r already a thing of the past
[thinking][thinking]

dont listen to them a camera is more of a gimmick....the real use u will have is of sensors.See when u reverse the actual distance of the vehicle from any obstacle is not shown instead only what is present behind u is shown.If u can understand what i mean.... its difficult to put in words.
a camera mounted on the rear bumper is not of much use that is the reason ppl buy number plate mounted camera which shows a part of the rear bumper ...... this type of cameras are not available at dealerships.I have a system with cam as well as sensors in my other car and i know what i am talking about.

U know what i find the most useful.....a six sensor system( 2 in front,4 in back) . for a beginner it is a boon and it doesnt cost much

one more advice ..... dont go for irvm mounted display for sensors, go for a separate display only
My question, if there are sensor for front what are those going to display ? Can you elaborate a little bit ? Yes I'm beginner when it is a 4 wheeler.

As the brochure shows and hopefully sensor based one separate display...but what is wrong if it in IRVM ?

Dont install it at any cost[shock]
u will only be shiifting the damage from body to rear axle.It does more harm then good.
Any idea how much cost to repaire a body color bumper like ritz if it damaged from behind ?

Everything is possible to crack.But gear lock /steering lock are mechanical devices . It will surely delay the theft by atleast 15 mins.
Yes ....100% true. These are several obstacle before final take off during theft.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, will keep in my mind when I will there in that postion, Anyhow due to Rare color of my choice and recent maintenance shutdown at MS plant my desired car not at their manifest of this month lot which is out for Kolkata....as informed by the SE and his Senior yesterday over the phone,they want me choose additional color option,but I reject......So the whole processe further delayed.
Which colour have u chosen???

My question, if there are sensor for front what are those going to display ? Can you elaborate a little bit ? Yes I'm beginner when it is a 4 wheeler.
The front two sensors will tell u the distance b/w the front bumper and the obstacle in the front.It will activate when 1st gear is engaged.Since the front edge of modern cars arent visible like in older cars it is a good to have feature.Will help you park in those really tight places or while making u turns

As the brochure shows and hopefully sensor based one separate display...but what is wrong if it in IRVM ?
U will lose day/night feature in IRVM
The mirror mounted can vibrate and even fall off when hitting a bump
The IRVM provided is often not as good quality as OEM and forms black dots common in mirrors

Any idea how much cost to repaire a body color bumper like ritz if it damaged from behind ?
that depends but if u want to replace the bumper it should cost almost 2500
Dont put a guard ever on these hatchbacks It can damage the rear axle on an impact and u will have to spend a lot more.Ppl who r installing these guards in hatchbacks are naive and do not understand the implication of this
Also check out the thread on my car ritz lxi.I have installed an original MGA rear beading for ritz This protects fromdings and scratches in the city.It came black but i got it painted to silver

Which colour have u chosen???

The front two sensors will tell u the distance b/w the front bumper and the obstacle in the front.It will activate when 1st gear is engaged.Since the front edge of modern cars arent visible like in older cars it is a good to have feature.Will help you park in those really tight places or while making u turns

U will lose day/night feature in IRVM
The mirror mounted can vibrate and even fall off when hitting a bump
The IRVM provided is often not as good quality as OEM and forms black dots common in mirrors

that depends but if u want to replace the bumper it should cost almost 2500
Dont put a guard ever on these hatchbacks It can damage the rear axle on an impact and u will have to spend a lot more.Ppl who r installing these guards in hatchbacks are naive and do not understand the implication of this
Also check out the thread on my car ritz lxi.I have installed an original MGA rear beading for ritz This protects fromdings and scratches in the city.It came black but i got it painted to silver
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.....

I choose Granite Grey...... Initially I prefer light shades due to tropical weather, but none of Ritz shades satisfied us except Glistering Grey which discontinued. Choosing Dark color is obvious, need to hide the Odd back of the car....So MS left no option other than Bakers Chocolate and Granite Grey we choose the later one. Yes I know the Deep color was maintenance heavy but I track down many Silver & White Ritz which got some heavy scratch around them. Though Kolkata is a very sensitive market and track down any Ritz on the road very hard compare to Swift/Dezire/Ertiga from MS stable.

So getting Granite Grey here is complete rebellion act and my dealership themselves never saw one. After close examine with 2 brand new Eritga and Alto 800 we finalise our decision and due to Red/Black Interior which is not at demand, it will take time to manufacture the car at MS plant - as quoted by the dealer.

----------------------------

found your ownership thread, Your Radio Antena already mounted at the top of the car,hope they didn't charge any extra for it right ?

I choose Granite Grey...... Initially I prefer light shades due to tropical weather, but none of Ritz shades satisfied us except Glistering Grey which discontinued. Choosing Dark color is obvious, need to hide the Odd back of the car....So MS left no option other than Bakers Chocolate and Granite Grey we choose the later one. Yes I know the Deep color was maintenance heavy but I track down many Silver & White Ritz which got some heavy scratch around them. Though Kolkata is a very sensitive market and track down any Ritz on the road very hard compare to Swift/Dezire/Ertiga from MS stable.

So getting Granite Grey here is complete rebellion act and my dealership themselves never saw one. After close examine with 2 brand new Eritga and Alto 800 we finalise our decision and due to Red/Black Interior which is not at demand, it will take time to manufacture the car at MS plant - as quoted by the dealer.

found your ownership thread, Your Radio Antena already mounted at the top of the car,hope they didn't charge any extra for it right ?

Even i have never seen a granite grey ritz on road.

ya sorry for the late reply ( forgot to update ) the antenna is mounted and i wasnt charged extra fr it

hi,

Sorry to disturb your thread but i have a doubt and hopes to be clarified from here as i too own a Wagonr vxi.Now i bought a pair of JBL gt6 s266 2 way coaxial speakers(6-1/2",165mm) from snapdeal to put in my waggy.I planned to replace my stock nippon rear speakers with this jbl one.From the reviews available through out net i thought that this 165mm speakers will fit in the rear door's speaker provision.But to my surprise when i went to a near by Accessory shop they refused to fix it saying that this will not fit in those provisions and if i wanted i should reach a body shop to take away that riveted metal ring around the provision to which the present speakers are fixed.Is it right?

Is 6.5 inch speakers not suitable for wagonr.And the funny thing is that they told that all other brands(sony ,pioneer)etc eventhough 6.5 inch will fit easily and is available with them..is that right?How jbl became the odd one out?

please enlighten me.There are many owners who upgrade their speakers to 6.5 inch ones.why cant me?

Well i know that the JBL speakers are usually thicker (or deeper) than all other brands so different rings/spacers are required to fit them. But what are the metal ring u are talking about
What size speakers are already fitted in your car
Wagon r should have 4" slots in front and 6" in rear acc. to me

The new wagonR has 6"slots at all doors.I even measured it externally with a scale and came out to be 16.5cm..The stock speakers are fixed to ths metal ring.For me it appears to be something that s used to accommodate a smaller speaker into a larger space.(is therir something like that.iam a noob here).the sad part is tjat its riveted(permanant fixing)into the door.The guy showed me that.

Thread Starter #40
@envynicky;
@Arijitb;

Any updates ?
Sorry for updating the thread so late, have been occupied for whole week and hardly got time.

Arijitb, I checked with many friends of mine for their ICE capability but none have direct SD card reading capability. All of them read Sd/MicSD through card reader which plus in in USB slot. It looks logical and any card reader would cost around 100 bucks.

It looks interesting options definitely but I think it would really become irritating in B2B traffic as the long the whole period it would keep on peeping. BTW I got Reverse parking sensors installed with Display in my Waggie and it works like Charm, already have been real helpful in many times.

that depends but if u want to replace the bumper it should cost almost 2500. Dont put a guard ever on these hatchbacks It can damage the rear axle on an impact and u will have to spend a lot more.Ppl who r installing these guards in hatchbacks are naive and do not understand the implication of this
Completely agree with you. Crash guard can protect the bumper from scratch but they can really hamper chassis and engine mounting and it would be more less than saving. Again agree with the statement in hatchback's it is being installed by over-smart guys who see the external benefit and short term benefit and not the long term. scratch guards is what we need really.

Arijitb, that a very rare but beautiful choice of color. Sad and shocked to see Glistening Grey being discontinues, it looks real good and on Waggie it has been selling like hot cakes. Regarding MS plant shutdown, it's for real, I have a cousin who works there and confirms this.

Thread Starter #41
hi,

Sorry to disturb your thread but i have a doubt and hopes to be clarified from here as i too own a Wagonr vxi.Now i bought a pair of JBL gt6 s266 2 way coaxial speakers(6-1/2",165mm) from snapdeal to put in my waggy.I planned to replace my stock nippon rear speakers with this jbl one.From the reviews available through out net i thought that this 165mm speakers will fit in the rear door's speaker provision.But to my surprise when i went to a near by Accessory shop they refused to fix it saying that this will not fit in those provisions and if i wanted i should reach a body shop to take away that riveted metal ring around the provision to which the present speakers are fixed.Is it right?

Is 6.5 inch speakers not suitable for wagonr.And the funny thing is that they told that all other brands(sony ,pioneer)etc eventhough 6.5 inch will fit easily and is available with them..is that right?How jbl became the odd one out?

please enlighten me.There are many owners who upgrade their speakers to 6.5 inch ones.why cant me?
Not sure why other brands should fix in but for sure I know 6" is what provisions has been made and you really don't want to mess with provisions as a lot of spaces has been closely stuck in Waggie. I got 6" one installed. May be your speakers are not in perfect round shape.

Well i know that the JBL speakers are usually thicker (or deeper) than all other brands so different rings/spacers are required to fit them. But what are the metal ring u are talking about
What size speakers are already fitted in your car
Wagon r should have 4" slots in front and 6" in rear acc. to me
No it is 6" in both the areas, at least for the CNG version I got delivered few days back. I got JBL 6" installed on the front area, the back is still waiting for it's share

The new wagonR has 6"slots at all doors.I even measured it externally with a scale and came out to be 16.5cm..The stock speakers are fixed to ths metal ring.For me it appears to be something that s used to accommodate a smaller speaker into a larger space.(is therir something like that.iam a noob here).the sad part is tjat its riveted(permanant fixing)into the door.The guy showed me that.
The stock speakers can surely be replaced, i confirm this with my SE when I was evaluating options. However really did know how easy or difficult it would be

Not sure why other brands should fix in but for sure I know 6" is what provisions has been made and you really don't want to mess with provisions as a lot of spaces has been closely stuck in Waggie. I got 6" one installed. May be your speakers are not in perfect round shape.
The stock speakers can surely be replaced, i confirm this with my SE when I was evaluating options. However really did know how easy or difficult it would be
Thank you Envinicky,

The speaker i bought is jbl gt6 s266.165 mm perfect round.Can this one fit? [ URL="http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gt6-s266-65-220/257883?pos=3;134"]
Which speakers did you fix?Didnt you see any metal spacers or rings to which the stock speakers were mounted? please reply as i am in a confused state as i bought it online(is my cash wasted?)[cry]

Arijitb, I checked with many friends of mine for their ICE capability but none have direct SD card reading capability. All of them read Sd/MicSD through card reader which plus in in USB slot. It looks logical and any card reader would cost around 100 bucks.
this one has sd card slot
http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id=913&tx_ddfproducts2_pi1[view]=1892&no_cache=1&L=1
costs around 3500/-

It looks interesting options definitely but I think it would really become irritating in B2B traffic as the long the whole period it would keep on peeping. BTW I got Reverse parking sensors installed with Display in my Waggie and it works like Charm, already have been real helpful in many times.
I think most come with an option to switch the front sensors on/off when required.( i think i read about this somewhere dont remember where )- a google search can be done.

do post pics on what u have installed

btw this is what i have in my other car
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0777.jpg

scratch guards is what we need really
this is what i have installed in my car its original ritz mga accessory Got it painted silver .

IMG_0760.jpg

Serves as a good scratchguard.Has already been useful twice in 4 months i have had the car.

Arijitb, that a very rare but beautiful choice of color. Sad and shocked to see Glistening Grey being discontinues, it looks real good and on Waggie it has been selling like hot cakes.
Strange i havnt seen even a single granite grey ritz.And this in a city where i saw 6 ecosports in 4 different colours just an hour after its official launch on 26th june.If anyone has a pic please post it.....i really wanna see this colour
Personally i never liked glistening grey but if the new shade is closer to the pepper grey shade of polo then i will surely regret not buying this colour.

No it is 6" in both the areas, at least for the CNG version I got delivered few days back. I got JBL 6" installed on the front area, the back is still waiting for it's share
yup the new ones come with 6".The older wags/alto/800 came with 4" slot in front.

Thread Starter #44
Thank you Envinicky,

The speaker i bought is jbl gt6 s266.165 mm perfect round.Can this one fit? [ URL="http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gt6-s266-65-220/257883?pos=3;134"]
Which speakers did you fix?Didnt you see any metal spacers or rings to which the stock speakers were mounted? please reply as i am in a confused state as i bought it online(is my cash wasted?)[cry]
I think these should fit perfectly in it, not sure why this issue. As Petroholic mention it might have to do something with thickness of it. I used speakers of JBL S06 series, entry level.

In my case there was no stock speakers (CNG varient) and just provisions for speakers are there on rear and front doors and I made use of them.

Interesting, thanks for sharing but does any of the MGA one has it, read Alpine, Nippon, JVC or Pioneer?

I think most come with an option to switch the front sensors on/off when required.( i think i read about this somewhere dont remember where )- a google search can be done.

do post pics on what u have installed
That looks logical and hence it could be really be useful in tight parking spaces.
Shall share pics of my ICE and Rear Sensors withing a day for sure.

this is what i have installed in my car its original ritz mga accessory Got it painted silver .
Looks great ! Doesn't the color come off when scratch actually happen and doesn't it look off in such cases? BTW from where did you got it painted?

Strange i havnt seen even a single granite grey ritz.And this in a city where i saw 6 ecosports in 4 different colours just an hour after its official launch on 26th june.If anyone has a pic please post it.....i really wanna see this colour
Personally i never liked glistening grey but if the new shade is closer to the pepper grey shade of polo then i will surely regret not buying this colour.

yup the new ones come with 6".The older wags/alto/800 came with 4" slot in front.
I will try to capture one for you, caught one today but could not capture. It does not look as great as it does for a Swift, Dzire or a Waggie but it looks fine to me.

Interesting, thanks for sharing but does any of the MGA one has it, read Alpine, Nippon, JVC or Pioneer?
Have no idea but why do u need one with sd card when there are extremely small usb drives available.They should be more than enough .

Looks great ! Doesn't the color come off when scratch actually happen and doesn't it look off in such cases? BTW from where did you got it painted?
it can come off but get touching done from anywhere u want .Its not part of the body so you can get it touched any number of times you want.Or get silver paint for scratching that all mechanics have use a very thin paintbrush and apply it over the scratch.
I got it painted from a FNG painter I think it looks much better than black What do you say ???

Top Bottom