ICE Suggestions For My New Waggie

Yes Arijit, this one and host of other MS approved designs of Alpine are available. overall I found them good and cost effective. Where car have you got them installed?
envynicky, It is not mine & I don't even own one , right now I'm in the middle of buying process, but I searched A-Z about Ritz and gather all things about pre/post buying stuff & hence I post this.

Anyhow during my last visit to the dealership I saw an existing one in stock at MGA section at their showcase,but didn't enquire as it got CD drive or not.

Same but the unit doesnt have cd slot instead has bluetooth.cd/usb/aux/bluetooth is just what is required.

same in my case they r not giving as standalone. I love the alpine unit they have.
the present offer for ritz is
alpine HU+seat covers art leather+2 mga speakers=rs 10250
Seems good since the HU itself cost 7k . But i am vary about the fitting of seat covers and MGA speakers r crap.
May have to compromise on looks and go in for a single din unit.

Do share what u have decided in the end????
During my last visit @ showroom asked about price list of the Acce.. kit and our Sales Executive handover this dedicated long list for Ritz upon asking he confirmed this is the current rate.....Yet to talked about Accessories Executives about deals or offer.

I'm here attaching the Music System Section.

My intention to get a double din one so that fountain looks complete & those are priced

Integrated :- 9490/- (Hopefully double din but don't want if it is from Nippon)
Double Din (Ken/Sony/JVC):- 12090/12090/8990

There is another one for limited edition ritz from Nippon - looks superb.

Attachments

Last edited:
My intention to get a double din one so that fountain looks complete & those are priced

if you want the integrated looks ( like me ) you have just one option for rs 9490 Right??
i think at this price it is better to take the combo deal which i mentioned in post no. 15.

what do you say ??

Last edited by a moderator:
if u want the integrated looks ( like me )u have just one option for rs 9490 Right??
i think at this price it is better to take the combo deal which i mentioned in post no. 15.

what do u say ??
Absolutely agree with you ..... Combo deals =more sensible choice.

If I was in your position,I may even put the seat cover too, but if those MGA speaker not so good, I may not go for installation for them....or if possible to exchange those 2 with better one @ MGA section.

Any Idea which brand make those speaker ?

Last edited:
no idea but i know they are crap
actually i am not even interested in their seat covers cause here also the fitting leaves a lot to be desired
Hence the confusion

no idea but i know they are crap
actually i am not even interested in their seat covers cause here also the fitting leaves a lot to be desired
Hence the confusion
Petroholic,

Today from the dealership @ MGA executive called me which is little bit unexpected though & call last total 50 mins.... discuss many things, but I only mention here those thing which are these thread related.

Anyhow the confirmed things listed below, All are double checked :-

1.Integrated HU made of Alpine (Not Nipoon) - CD Drive - Aux - USB - FM - 9490/-
2.JBL 6" Speaker - 3990/- Per pair - Best Sound for the Ritz....Possible to install @ Door provided space.
3.Radio Antena - 300/- [anger] [anger] , (Sir, only space provided not the Antena)

Can you confirm this ? Did this thing come along with your car ?

However I forget to ask if that HU can drive four unit easily or not.....my intention to go four speaker so front & rear of the car get equally sound distribution.

Asked upon music system combo deal, which you mentioned but then they explained why they don't exchange any product with this....

The MGA combo comes with single Part Number as a whole package box but individual accessories comes in different part number and different box.....and all those stuff mentioned in the bill when installed (Proof need during Warranty Claim). So if they open single combo deal box,customer must need to accept all those, they don't accept as return /exchange any item as well don't provide the exchange value of the higher value desired item.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Same but the unit doesnt have cd slot instead has bluetooth.cd/usb/aux/bluetooth is just what is required.
Yes that is the standard trade-off they have. I spent more than one hour in just short listing three options and major confusion was go for CD/Mp3 option or a Bluetooth option and both of them as a combo were not available in HU in < 10K. Even DvD was not available.

same in my case they r not giving as standalone. I love the alpine unit they have.
the present offer for ritz is
alpine HU+seat covers art leather+2 mga speakers=rs 10250
Seems good since the HU itself cost 7k . But i am vary about the fitting of seat covers and MGA speakers r crap.
May have to compromise on looks and go in for a single din unit.
Do share what u have decided in the end????
I must say their packaged offering is interesting and lucrative. Like you even I was tempted to trade in for few options and so all but they strait way rejected it and said the package is being designed by company and cannot be altered with.

As long as looks are not so important for you, single din would be perfectly fine. I found MGA speaker (Nippon) to be decent as I checked their implementation in Vxi varients. I don't think much difference would come if we move from a INR1200 speakers (Nippon) to a INR 2000 Speakers (Sony /JVC/ Pioneer etc.)

Thread Starter #22
envynicky, It is not mine & I don't even own one , right now I'm in the middle of buying process, but I searched A-Z about Ritz and gather all things about pre/post buying stuff & hence I post this.

Anyhow during my last visit to the dealership I saw an existing one in stock at MGA section at their showcase,but didn't enquire as it got CD drive or not.
Oh, sorry for confusion. From your post I cna see very clearly that some extensive work is being going on, may be I will tap on to that extensive information database as per my need.

On the CD drive front, I saw multiple Alpine units on display and many of them even similar in looks but different in features. Some has CD Units, some has bluetooth and some has none.

During my last visit @ showroom asked about price list of the Acce.. kit and our Sales Executive handover this dedicated long list for Ritz upon asking he confirmed this is the current rate.....Yet to talked about Accessories Executives about deals or offer.

I'm here attaching the Music System Section.

Double Din (Ken/Sony/JVC):- 12090/12090/8990

There is another one for limited edition ritz from Nippon - looks superb.
Can you please share the whole list with me if you don't mind, it would be great. Even I had one for Alto 800 but it is not exhaustive and not all possible stuff have been included in list and lacks many which I might want.

The Nippon one's are official and no doubt they looks superb, I even like the sound that they generate. However not sure about VFM aspect of theirs. I believe if you hands are not that tied (unlike me) you should go for this Nippon set and if you don feel like using speaker's you can upgrade it as per requirement.

Thread Starter #23
Petroholic,

50 mins....

However I forget to ask if that HU can drive four unit easily or not.....my intention to go four speaker so front & rear of the car get equally sound distribution.
50 Mins.. Whoa !! The executive must be well informed and pleasurable else no would not be willing to invest so much of time and energy.. rare one

Radio Antenna looks like a very basic offering and should surely come with your car, Wagon R all units have specific Antenna pre-installed.

4 speakers comes with Alpine units (the official integrated one) and hence having four speakers will not be an issue in any of the HU's that we have discussed so far. However I am little skeptic about company recommended units to handle the sub woofer's if we go ahead to have them installed.

Can you please share the whole list with me if you don't mind, it would be great. Even I had one for Alto 800 but it is not exhaustive and not all possible stuff have been included in list and lacks many which I might want.
I don't know if this complete/full ,but the list is what respected Dealership offer for Ritz Only and in what price. Please find below attachment of individual section as I clicked them separately for connivence .

1.Car Protection
2.Matting
3.Car Decoration
4.MGA Care Care Products
5.Seat Cover & Seat Cover.

6. Music System <---- Post No.16.

Please let me know, Which one priced ridiculously ? Those stuff marked NA are not applicable for Ritz ---- Surprised when found Gear Lock = NA as they confirmed that there no provision to install Gear Lock on Ritz [confused]

Any idea how much going to cost for installation ? Any rates ?

50 Mins.. Whoa !! The executive must be well informed and pleasurable else no would not be willing to invest so much of time and energy.. rare one

Radio Antenna looks like a very basic offering and should surely come with your car, Wagon R all units have specific Antenna pre-installed.
Well executive not so well informed, she need to check all my question with actual experts of MGA section and reply.....that took so long.

Anyhow this whole dealership is a aggressively hungry for Sales Figure - Be it MGA/New Car/True Value/MDS....all people sat their with some offer & try to capture customer with some offer.

Attachments

Last edited:
3.Radio Antena - 300/- , (Sir, only space provided not the Antena)

Where should i look for it ???

1.Integrated HU made of Alpine (Not Nipoon) - CD Drive - Aux - USB - FM - 9490/-
2.JBL 6" Speaker - 3990/- Per pair - Best Sound for the Ritz....Possible to install @ Door provided space.
1 ok so are you planning to go for this HU
2 There is no point in buying jbl from them .Buy the HU from them.buy speakers from outside and give it to them for install .As u are buying the HU i dont think they will be happy to install the speakers for u as well .

Yes the HU will easily drive 4 speakers

Asked upon music system combo deal, which you mentioned but then they explained why they don't exchange any product with this....

The MGA combo comes with single Part Number as a whole package box but individual accessories comes in different part number and different box.....and all those stuff mentioned in the bill when installed (Proof need during Warranty Claim). So if they open single combo deal box,customer must need to accept all those, they don't accept as return /exchange any item as well don't provide the exchange value of the higher value desired item
Ok i understand

still i think go for the combo deal
u will get alpine HU +seat cover+2 speakers+steering cover for 10450/-
this deal is better than buying the HU at 9490/-
Trust me u will not be using CD's ( if that is the reason you are considering the HU )

Yes that is the standard trade-off they have. I spent more than one hour in just short listing three options and major confusion was go for CD/Mp3 option or a Bluetooth option and both of them as a combo were not available in HU in < 10K. Even DvD was not available.
Go for bluetooth . Once u have usb and aux do u think u will spend time to burn cd's for your car.
CD's are already a thing of the past instead buy larger and more pendrives/sd cards

The Nippon one's are official and no doubt they looks superb, I even like the sound that they generate. However not sure about VFM aspect of theirs. I believe if you hands are not that tied (unlike me) you should go for this Nippon set and if you don feel like using speaker's you can upgrade it as per requirement.
Do u know the price for this nippon HU
2013-Maruti-Ritz-@-buzZ-Limited-Edition-Audio-System.jpg

Surprised when found Gear Lock = NA as they confirmed that there no provision to install Gear Lock on Ritz
Dont worry there is a provision. THe thing is that the plate used in the gearlock is different for facelifted ritz and Mga is not able to source the new plate.They will soon offer gearlocks.Otherwise aftermarket gearlock companies already have gearlocks for new ritz in the market..

for gear lock - max 1500/- from outside

Do u have any idea about the paarking sensors without camera that cost rs 1890. What's the diff from the one that cost 2890.

Also ppl any idea about ritz @buzz (ltd edition) accessories. this ritz has recently launched and now we can even select the accesories fitted in that model. What do you think ??

Last edited:

The Antena must be in top of the roof just near the front windscreen, if not can you search your car, it must be at Glove Box or the Top Dash Board storage, look for any packet....else can you check under seat storage if any or the Tool Kit packet where your spare tyre hidden at Boot.

It must be there unless they remove it beforehand. If that thing not there, then it is complete Daylight Robbery.....The brochure clearly mentioned Roof Antena for each varient.

1 ok so are you planning to go for this HU
2 There is no point in buying jbl from them .Buy the HU from them.buy speakers from outside and give it to them for install .As u are buying the HU i dont think they will be happy to install the speakers for u as well .

Yes the HU will easily drive 4 speakers
Still not decided yet..just collecting the info from them,over the phone they discouraging to go for Combo pack by saying 'Once we open the pack you need to accept all the stuff, if you like or not....if you don't like the seat cover we can't help you there'....though I didn't asked the price of that ....missed...ehh.

Ok i understand

Trust me u will not be using CD's ( if that is the reason you are considering the HU )

Go for bluetooth . Once u have usb and aux do u think u will spend time to burn cd's for your car.
CD's are already a thing of the past instead buy larger and more pendrives/sd cards

Here I completely agree with you,

but point to consider here if I don't like the seat cover than what ? As you said MGA speaker = crap = gone. Unless you sell/exchange it out side.

Only 1 item usable steering wheel cover, but didn't they provide one for your car at Basic Kit (Steering Cover+Mud Flap+Foot Mat+Perfume) for free ??
------------

This is 100% true once we use USB/Aux In - we may not ever slide a CD ever into the drive, but if you ever come across in a situation where you need to play a CD which got some lecture / vocal instruction and don't have time to listen at home, then you are stuck at that point.

BTW my question here, Combo pack HU can take SD Card too other than USB & Aux In ?

My dealership got no idea about Limited Edition Ritz let alone Accessories.

Dont worry there is a provision. THe thing is that the plate used in the gearlock is different for facelifted ritz and Mga is not able to source the new plate.They will soon offer gearlocks.Otherwise aftermarket gearlock companies already have gearlocks for new ritz in the market..

Do u have any idea about the paarking sensors without camera that cost rs 1890. What's the diff from the one that cost 2890.

Also ppl any idea about ritz @buzz (ltd edition) accessories. this ritz has recently launched and now we can even select the accesories fitted in that model. What do you think ??
Anyhow,I also talked about the Reverse Parking Sensor with Sales.Rep. Obviously they try to push for the Camera One.

According to them, The camera one shows the picture - Calculate safe parking distance from behind & Side - Calculate extreme parking distance from behind & Side - Warn / Guide by voice. The Sensor one only shows the distance & warn by buzzer nothing else.

The low price one only shows distance & other one shows with graphics.....(I asume this one similar which provided at Limited Edition Ritz).

Thats all....yet to check all those in real , They got demo piece for parking sensor & happy to show the demo anytime.
--------------------

I believe fitting out side these gear lock may void warranty.....
They clearly mentioned anything which is not MGA , they will not do the installation.

Asked about rear Steel Crash Guard/Bar for protection for rear bumper, If I install out side, they claim it may hamper warranty ("do you mean void warranty - No Sir it may hamper warranty") as it involve chasis drilling.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
I don't know if this complete/full ,but the list is what respected Dealership offer for Ritz Only and in what price. Please find below attachment of individual section as I clicked them separately for connivence .

1.Car Protection
2.Matting
3.Car Decoration
4.MGA Care Care Products
5.Seat Cover & Seat Cover.

6. Music System <---- Post No.16.

Please let me know, Which one priced ridiculously ? Those stuff marked NA are not applicable for Ritz ---- Surprised when found Gear Lock = NA as they confirmed that there no provision to install Gear Lock on Ritz [confused]

Thanks for sharing these man. I believe that shall be the exhaustive list of accessories that dealership might have. They definitely do not carry all possibilities and definitely not the variant.With the warranty issues we are forced to make a restricted choice.

On the cost front, I see most of them in line with what has been quoted to me.However there are few which has been quoted more than what I found them for and few less, so on average the prices across dealerships and cities seems to be more or less same.

NA could be Not Available which again can mean either not applicable for car under consideration and not available with dealership. On gear lock they informed me as well the Wagon R does not have a gear lock possibility and not available. Not sure should I get one or not as I believe if one can crack iCats, he shall surely be able to get rid of this gear lock as well. What say?

Well executive not so well informed, she need to check all my question with actual experts of MGA section and reply.....that took so long.

Anyhow this whole dealership is a aggressively hungry for Sales Figure - Be it MGA/New Car/True Value/MDS....all people sat their with some offer & try to capture customer with some offer.
You are lucky to have such dealership, ask me even after showing so much interest no one is ready to cut attractive deal. Wondering if it is AMBASSADOR effect in your town? [surprise]

Thread Starter #28

I think you dealership has taken you for a ride, the antenna should be there. Like Arijit said, it should be there on the top of your vehicle on the front end, either on center on one of the sides. In my case it came fitted from company itself as I checked them out during PDI.

As u are buying the HU i dont think they will be happy to install the speakers for u as well .
I am not sure if dealership would agree to installing something from outside as they might find themselves in trouble from MS for installing non approved accessories. Not sure on this but believe it to be so. Please inform me if you manage to get this done

Exactly, one if bound ot make use of FM -> USB -> Phone and then in rare cases CD. However as per human psychology if this cd unit is missing, one will always find reasons to remember it and believe how good it would have been to have one [frustration]

View attachment 96060
It should be less than 8K for sure as one of my relatives got it as a offer which was maximum for 8K

Interesting that Maruti has not been able to source it, let me check out after market for it so see it availability

Also ppl any idea about ritz @buzz (ltd edition) accessories. this ritz has recently launched and now we can even select the accessories fitted in that model. What do you think ??
The lower one has four sensors which makes buzz sound when object is withing a specified limit. The costlier one has graphical display which makes sound as well as showcases the distance from object and that too on either ends.

Parking sensors are definitely recommend for tight parking situations. I got one installed as I am new driver and hence my back driving is not that great so as a control, safety measure I got them in my Wagon R.

Thread Starter #29
BTW my question here, Combo pack HU can take SD Card too other than USB & Aux In ?
I don't think so, you cannot directly insert a SD/MicroSd card and play from there. you need to use a card reader to connect to USB and then play from there. Correct me if I am wrong.

My dealership got no idea about Limited Edition Ritz let alone Accessories.

Anyhow,I also talked about the Reverse Parking Sensor with Sales.Rep. Obviously they try to push for the Camera One.
Yes but it costs a whopping 10K so I decided not to go for it

I don't think so, you cannot directly insert a SD/MicroSd card and play from there. you need to use a card reader to connect to USB and then play from there. Correct me if I am wrong.
Can you able to confirm - In general (Integrated One) HU equipped with USB port can read drive at NTFS (or any other format) format other than Fat16/32 ?

If so it can take larger drive such as HDD or 64gb/128gb Pendrive, however later one very rare though.

But good to know if those support Large capacity drive.

Last edited:

Top Bottom