ICE Suggestions For My Alto

Thread Starter #1
Hi, i plan to upgrade the ICE setup in my alto with all bells and whistles.

I am a total newbie in setting up the ICE, but want to have a good music system, ICE Gurus, please help me with my queries.

-Current scenario:

*We have a basic MP3 HU of JVC (was a freebie from dealer) which doesn't even have AUX-Port[cry], but the output is of great quality and supports output power upto 200 Watts.(the box piece says 50x4 max power)

*JBL 180 Watts 4" speaker sits in the front dashboard, with great sound quality.

-What are the plans further?

*To fix 300/400 Watts Speakers at the rear in a plank.
*Put up 2/4ch amp.
*Install JBL 1100W Sub[evil].

-Queries
-As my HU supports only 200 Watts max power, can i install 300 Watts speaker? Will the amp take care if installed?
- What is the price difference between 2ch and 4ch amp?

Thread Starter #5
Almost all accessories shop in JC road, I know a dealer if you need I can get you one from there..
I visited JC road last Saturday, but didn't check out the speakers, okay how much does your dealer quotes for speakers? For 300 and 400w?

Thread Starter #6
Installed JBL GT 949 400W speakers, the effect seemed good but have to check the sound quality again
Total cost to fix the speakers and boxes was 4500/-, did not install the plank as the accessory guy told that the plank should be removed with the help of the screws only and not easily detachable. Moreover we pack too much of weekend bags, so did not plan to go for planks.

IMO the speaker box occupies almost of 40 % of the boot, but the sound quality would be more better if it was mounted with plank. Is the boxes detachable ?

Oem finish !! good one except the clamp which is used to fit the box, why not cover that with the same material used on the box.

In the pic I can see that mat can't be covered below the speaker boxes.
As you said it has not occupied the much space, any way boot is bigger than my 800.

As long as your Head unit has RCA/Pre out , that will goto your AMP and than AMP will amplify the signal and give it your speakers has higher output.

In this instance you can still use the inbuilt 200watts output to power normal speakers [:D]

I've done that , my car's JVC double din CD/MP3/usb/aux player powers my front 6" and rear 6x9" pair of 500 watts and PRe out is powering a sub via Amp

Thread Starter #11
Oem finish !! good one except the clamp which is used to fit the box, why not cover that with the same material used on the box.
Thanks,I'll get that material asap and cover it.

In the pic I can see that mat can't be covered below the speaker boxes.
As you said it has not occupied the much space, any way boot is bigger than my 800.
You cant remove the spare wheel if the mat is covered below the speaker, you have do some circus to get the wheels out.

As long as your Head unit has RCA/Pre out , that will goto your AMP and than AMP will amplify the signal and give it your speakers has higher output.

In this instance you can still use the inbuilt 200watts output to power normal speakers [:D]

I've done that , my car's JVC double din CD/MP3/usb/aux player powers my front 6" and rear 6x9" pair of 500 watts and PRe out is powering a sub via Amp
Thanks codename, yep it has the RCA/Pre out, but the provision is only for 2CH, is it possible to add a socket? Can a DIY be done for this to make it a 4CH?

Why dont you fix the speaker on the top of the box? Didn't things hit the speaker when the boot is loaded?

IMO 2 channel is enough.. I am using the same. Just connect the sub to the amp, speakers normally connect to the HU.

Also 4 channel amp draws more power.

Thread Starter #14
Been long time since i updated this thread, but as money and time comes, this thread will be alive.

Bought my dream sub-woofer today.

List of things purchased:

*JBL Sub-woofer 1150W.
*JBL 4CH Amp with 800W.
*Pioneer MP3 player with USB support.
* Wiring kit.

I'm too tired today as i slept for only 2 hours after i cam from my work will update the cost tomorrow, but the total cost landed was 16500 INR.

Pics:
001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Why dont you fix the speaker on the top of the box? Didn't things hit the speaker when the boot is loaded?
There's not enough space to fix the big speakers, there's another packing for the box to come on top, as space was a priority i did not go for it.

Hope you liked the installation done .. Do post more pic's of HU, sub etc

Be careful of your rear glass Ha ha ha. [lol]

Last edited:

Top Bottom