ICE Suggestion Needed For New SWIFT

Thank You guys ,,

I have installed the setup and auditioned it ,And the HU is a little laggy . But that is ok.[:)] It sounded really good in the front seats, good bass and balanced audio from all sides . But while sitting in the rear seats , The sound from the front component seems it not adequate .

It seems the sound is from the rear only . Should I change any setting in the amplifier regarding this issue ?

@Viru
Thank you ,
The speakers are directly mounted on the doors and causes the ORVM and the door to vibrate during high beats . Does damping the speakers avoid that ?
Or should we use any mounting before we attach the speakers n doors ?

@neil.vernafluidic
The bass seems adequate now . There is no idea of installing a sub now .. But I may do It in future . Definitely I will go for those rockfords [:D]
Try fader setting in your head unit.

@Viru
Thank you ,
The speakers are directly mounted on the doors and causes the ORVM and the door to vibrate during high beats . Does damping the speakers avoid that ?
Or should we use any mounting before we attach the speakers n doors ?
You're welcome!

Some vibration is normal in high-bass setups, as long as there is no rattling sound.

Vibration can be reduced with damping. It is a very simple and cheap DIY using damping tape, foam or similar material. Otherwise you can ask your speaker vendor to get it done.

You dont need to change any setting in amp. In HU go to system/audio setting there is a fader setting. You can adjust front or rear from that. Even though you are not satisfied then go for amp settings.
There is one more setting called high pass filter in HU. Set it at 80hz and then increase the bass booster setting step by step while playing the song with some good bass in it and adjust it according to your need. Meanwhile see if door vibrations are reduced or else set high pass at 100hz and do the same. There are very few chance that door vibrations will go off with that, as you need to play bass from speakers. If still lot of vibrations are there go to the installer and check it out that fitting is done properly or not. The last two options are either get the damping done or buy amp and sub and dont let the speaker play any bass.

Mounting is absolutly needed.
I am waiting to see the same rockford in your car though difficult to find in india at local dealers. . Online order may help.

Last edited:
As we have almost same HU ,i can help you a bit.
On main screen you can see sRtv. It has 0/1/2 setting. Set it at 1 and if you dont like it then at 0.
Now in audio setting,
Set loundness at mid.
High pass filter and bass booster i already told you

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
As we have almost same HU ,i can help you a bit.
On main screen you can see sRtv. It has 0/1/2 setting. Set it at 1 and if you dont like it then at 0.
Now in audio setting,
Set loundness at mid.
High pass filter and bass booster i already told you

Thank you neil.vernafluidic,
It really worked . The doors are vibration free now ... but lacks the punch . I think that sub woofer is necessary then ....

Top Bottom