ICE Suggestion for My Indigo XL

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I have the following system in my car.
HU- Sony MEX DV1100
Speakers- JBL GTO 937 SE.

HU is a dvd player and stopped recognizing DVD's after one year of use,but plays CD's very well.Is it possible to repair this or upgrade to a new HU.
And finally what are the possibilities of improving sound quality, like adding something to the existing one or replace total system.

Thanking you.

I would suggest you to go for a new Head Unit of a Pioneer/Alpine make. It will definitely improve the SQ to a great extent. As for your old unit, repairing is definitely possible, however my suggestion would be to go for a new HU.

Thread Starter #3
On my HU there is Dolby Digital symbol, so will this work for all CD's inserted or only for DVD.How to get the best dolby surround in my car.

Sony have 2 years warranty on them. If bought in grey , chances of repairing that is possible, But at the sony center.

What sound quality do you expect and in what budget?

a best sql can be got from minimum of 70k to 1.5L
this is for crystal clear sound.

And just another car performance with good bass

Head unit - pioneer dvd 8000/-
Present JBL GTO 937 SE. if original and no jarring can continue its work at rear.

front jbl 6 incher , 2900/- and less [depend upon your bargaining]
a pair of hertz or sony tweeter. if needed.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, now sound quality is ok but i need it in surround or DTS. JBL speakers are original. There is a dolby logo on my Head unit, how to make it work. Also is it possible to install 3rd pair of speakers in door??

Need a 4 channel and a mono for the half of surround and dolby effect.

I hope for dolby , you need like the 5.1 set up - n experience in installing them right now.

Adding of speakers alone will not increase the effect. they share the current in present set up from the 4 speaker lines provided in the head unit. literally you are connect only 2 pair of speaker.

Top Bottom