ICE Setup Suggestions for Tata Aria - Please Guide

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,I havnt come across any Tata Aria thats been fit with an after market HU.Though the stock player is quiet decent,I personaly feel it would not suit my listening preference.I have my Aria prestige variant that comes with in-built player with bluetooth pairing and centre screen display.Now my need is -I already have Kicker Mono amp and Kicker solo square sub so there is no way I am going to fit them to the stock player or just be happy with the stock player and leave my kicker bass pack un-used which is now in my I10 and am thinking of shifting to Aria(delivery 26thoct).So my need is to find a best head unit to suit the kicker-which one to go for?,I do not need touch screen or DVD player so just cd player will do.Second thing how do i replace the stock player and fit my new hu in its place and wire it with the amp and sub and still is it possible to integrate the new unit with the centre screen and steering wheel controls and bluetooth functions,if so how.I need help with wiring and placement etc.kindly help!

Last edited:
First of all contact your tata dealer that every thing that you are planning to do is legal and won't void the warranty,secondly if the dealer gives you go ahead signal contact the electician of authorised TASS, I think he should be able to help you immensly in your endeavour of fitting this new ICE set up, also contact 350Z through PM,being experienced member he may help you in this regards.

I will advise you against this as -

First of all contact your tata dealer that every thing that you are planning to do is legal and won't void the warranty,
warranty will be void, no doubt.

secondly if the dealer gives you go ahead signal contact the electician of authorised TASS, I think he should be able to help you immensly in your endeavour of fitting this new ICE set up
these guys know nothing about professional ICE installations. Avoid.

First of all, do not touch the stock head unit. you will lose DVD, BT, audio controls on steering, etc.

Get a Scosche high to low converter, get two amps - one 4 ch amp to power front & rear speakers & one 2 ch amp to power subwoofer (if you can afford mono amp for sub, better!), change all the 4 speakers & change to good quality wiring. Thats about it.

With good tuning, you can get pretty decent sound. Although it wont be anything extraordinary, but you will be fine with it.

Dont buy an additional HU & spoil the fascia of the Aria's dash.

Thread Starter #4
The thing is I already have my Kicker mono amp and kicker solo square sub ready so am not very keen in loudness but just want bass so i dont mind about amplifying the speakers or neither change them,,anyway will enquire it with the dealer about warranty

I will advise you against this as -

warranty will be void, no doubt.

these guys know nothing about professional ICE installations. Avoid.

First of all, do not touch the stock head unit. you will lose DVD, BT, audio controls on steering, etc.

Get a Scosche high to low converter, get two amps - one 4 ch amp to power front & rear speakers & one 2 ch amp to power subwoofer (if you can afford mono amp for sub, better!), change all the 4 speakers & change to good quality wiring. Thats about it.

With good tuning, you can get pretty decent sound. Although it wont be anything extraordinary, but you will be fine with it.

Dont buy an additional HU & spoil the fascia of the Aria's dash.
I knew you will come up with nice suggestion, cause I knew that your earlier signature was something like 'thumped by...'

as long as you don't cut any original wire your warranty will remain intact but I would say avoid instead install sub and mono and enjoy boom boom :-D i am doing same think in my safari

Thread Starter #8
Yea master so you suggest to retain the original unit and wire it to the amp and sub,is it possible?I am not sure how the wiring option is given in the inbuilt unit in aria

and master your in built unit for safari is alpine,so thers no need of changing I guess but I think aria gives me blaupunkt which will be average and i will still miss my pioneer,let me see

Last edited by a moderator:
and master your in built unit for safari is alpine,so thers no need of changing I guess but I think aria gives me blaupunkt which will be average and i will still miss my pioneer,let me see
I think when Aria was launched, I read not sure where, but i am sure that i read it some where that there is a provision of fitting a sub-woofer at the back door, buddy better check it with your dealer.

Thread Starter #10
Yes Xovy! they do have a provision on the door panel at the back for a small sub woofer say a 10'.Yea i have asked my sales rep to enquire with the dealer

@ Karthichramu I would say stick to Raj's suggestion. Aria is still new to the market and not even many professional installers would have experimented with the ICE of the car.

Stick with the stock HU to avoid any complications in the future.

Thread Starter #14
Guys i just checked with technokrats,chennai website and just came across few pics of their installs, pls see this link :: Welcome to TECNOKRAT ::
I see BMW,camry,accord and even Benz being fit with new audio units.Though i dont understand why these cars would need an upgrade,in one of the installs i see that the head unit is fit in the space below the a/c vents for rear passengers.I mean inbetween the front two seats.So is it possible I could leave the stock unit as it is and link it with just the front speakers.Fit the new head unit in addition separately inbetween the seats or behind arm rest exactly and wire it with rear speakers,amp and sub and run a separate wiring for this set up without tampering the front fascia or existing wiring.Hows my plan xyz? skcus? if so plss give me a better idea

Top Bottom