ICE Set Up For New Maruti Suzuki Dzire LDi

Re: Suggestions ICE in Dzire

Dear Friends,

I have recently bought a Swift dzire VDI.

I need to upgrade my ICE, i don't wish to change the stock music player.it may ruine the dash looks.

i have purchase kenwood amplifier -4 channel 1200 watts, JBL bass tube 1000watts and Infinity oval speakers (6x9).

1,My question is should i buy component speakers for the front door or coaxilal will do. Will they require additional amp, as i was planning to use the amp which i purchased for the jbl bass tube and infinity speakers. also the size of the front speakers that fits swift dzire.

2, does anyone know more about the stock music player that comes with the Swift dzire VDI. how may outputs. is there a subwoofer out.

3, Which is the best place in Trivandrum, Kerala for installing all this to my car. also what all this i should keep in mind during installation, how much cost will it come.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU
Hi Jino,

First of all, your stock player is not a powerful head unit which can support the amp and bass tube. You will need a Moderator to enable your system to run on a sub. A moderator can cost you somewhere between 1- 2.5K.

As far as components are concerned, its your choice. They are better than coaxials however need an amp to provide appropriate sound quality. They come with tweeter and will do the perfect job of a surround sound.

Normal 6" components will do the job for you. They will cost you around 3500 to 4K.

I have no clue as to where can you get them installed in Kerela.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Hi

I am Manish from Bangalore, new entrant to TAI. I purchased brand new Swift Dzire VXI on 12th July 2012. Came with built-in HU & 4 speakers (nippon) no tweeters. I need to upgrade the rear speakers (i think it is 6.5" nippon) & dont want to change the HU & front speakers (they are actually very good with appropriate bass). No cutting the rear plank. Which is speaker is good for this ? Vitamin M is < Rs.4000.
Please reply
Manish

Hi

I am Manish from Bangalore, new entrant to TAI. I purchased brand new Swift Dzire VXI on 12th July 2012. Came with built-in HU & 4 speakers (nippon) no tweeters. I need to upgrade the rear speakers (i think it is 6.5" nippon) & dont want to change the HU & front speakers (they are actually very good with appropriate bass). No cutting the rear plank. Which is speaker is good for this ? Vitamin M is < Rs.4000.
Please reply
Manish
Hi Manish,

Go for GTO 0949 6X9 Ovals will cost you 3800 Rs.

Dear Diehardi20,
I dont want to cut the plank as the finishing will not be good. Just want to replace the 6.5" speakers (coxial or conmponent).
Regards
Manish

Thanks for the answers but i am not fully satisfied. if i go for a component speakers in front. will i need another amp for that. since i am going to use the 4 channel amp for the bass tube and 6x9 oval infinity speakers. also please let me know the best place to install these in trivandrum.

also can anyone give more info about the stock HU unit is Dzire vdi and about the moderator which can be used to enhance the performance. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can power the front components using an amp and power the rear coaxials using your HU.

use the 2 channels of your amp in bridge mode to connect it to a sub

Hi Jino,

The size of the speakers is not important here. Stock speakers churn out 15 - 20 Watts RMS sound which is punny considering that an aftermarket 6" speaker throws around 45 Watt RMS.

Hence my recommendation is to go ahead and replace the stock system with the aftermarket speakers.

Re: Suggestions ICE in Dzire

Dear Friends,

I have recently bought a Swift dzire VDI.

I need to upgrade my ICE, i don't wish to change the stock music player.it may ruine the dash looks.

i have purchase kenwood amplifier -4 channel 1200 watts, JBL bass tube 1000watts and Infinity oval speakers (6x9).

1,My question is should i buy component speakers for the front door or coaxilal will do. Will they require additional amp, as i was planning to use the amp which i purchased for the jbl bass tube and infinity speakers. also the size of the front speakers that fits swift dzire.

2, does anyone know more about the stock music player that comes with the Swift dzire VDI. how may outputs. is there a subwoofer out.

3, Which is the best place in Trivandrum, Kerala for installing all this to my car. also what all this i should keep in mind during installation, how much cost will it come.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU

No, it doesnt not have subwoofer out

Hello all,

I have purchased a Alpine spg-17cs component speakers.

Now i have with me JBL bass tube 1200watt, Infinity Coaxial 6x9 and kenwood amplifier 4 channel 720watt.

I need your hel guyzz.

Should i change the Head unit or by adding all these things will do the job well.

else i should go for a new head unit and an amplifier for the bass tube.

kindly suggest me got 2 din head unit.

I don't require navigation, and is only concerned of the quality of music. also wanted to know if the warrant will be void on changing the head unit and the speakers.

Warranty shouldn't go void if no wires are cut. Install everything you have bought keeping the HU stock. Listen the system for a few days. If it pleases you, then good, else you can go for an aftermarket HU.

freakdude.

Thanks for the answer but i need a detailed answer, as i am in dubai now, the car accessories are much cheaper here. if i come home and install all these and the if it is not good, it can only be upgraded on my next visit after one year.

please help he guyzzz.

Top Bottom