ICE, Parking Sensors, Bluetooth For Ritz. Budget: Rs.20K

Thread Starter #1
hi friends
i have decided to book a ritz vdi. i saw that it does not have a audio system so i wanted to know which audio system should i go for also i want a reverse parking sensor/camera, bluetooth for mobile phone.i have zero idea of all these products.my budget is 20k.
i have a few questions(some might sound strange) pls help-
what is the price of a reverse parking camera and reverse parking sensor?

AFAIK if i get a reverse parking sensor it will have a separate display unit.and if i get a reverse parking camera it will show on the rear view mirror, will i have to buy a new rearview mirror??

does the reverse camera work at night??

does a reverse camera only get active in reverse gear??what if i want it to be active even when i am not in reverse gear to see the traffic coming from back??

how much cost for a audio system with Bluetooth so i can talk hands free while driving(i saw it in my friends Manza. cool feature).

where is the mic in such a audio system??

if i want to have a sub woofer do i need to get an amplifier too?

any suggestion where i can place the woofer and the amplifier(if needed) in Ritz??is it possible to place it under the back seat.(i would like the boot to be free.)

i would like to place the 4 speakers in the 4 doors as i want the parcel tray to be free as i might need to remove it to keep luggage very often.

also is it possible to get a audio system with a screen which can also be used to see the reverse parking camera and a gps device(i plan to buy in future)??

should i get marutis own audio system (the front panel only) bcoz i think it has bluetooth function and i can get 4 speakers of good company from out side??

thank u.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. I will answer the queries related to parking sensors.
Four point parking sensors cost approx. Rs.3,000 whereas the camera would set back by Rs.5,000+. Autocop and Xenos are renowned brands in the market. Also please ensure that the car’s warranty doesn’t get void before proceeding with installation.

if i get a reverse parking camera it will show on the rear view mirror, will i have to buy a new rearview mirror??
There is a clip-on mirror for the parking sensors. You can also get a separate output unit (for both sensors / camera).

As long as there is a night-vision feature, it will work at night.

does a reverse camera only get active in reverse gear??what if i want it to be active even when i am not in reverse gear to see the traffic coming from back??
Yes, it works in the reverse gear. Not sure why you would want to see the back through camera while driving forward as there’s already a mirror for that purpose.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
thank u for the reply.

i talked to the dealership and they said if i get the accessories from outside it will void the warranty of the car.they have given me an estimate for it.here it is-

the audio system is that which is fitted in the ritz zxi.
they said if i get audio,reverse sensor/camera central locking from outside and any wire gets cut then my warranty is void.(i have 4 yrs warrant)
what do u think of there prices??are they ripping me off?

here is the brands that maruti uses and there warranty as told by dealer-

central locking--------Nippon--------3yr warranty
reverse camera-------Nippon--------3yr warranty
audio head unit------Kenwood-------2yr warranty(same is fitted in Ritz zxi)
speakers------------Kenwood-------1yr warranty
Bluetooth------------Nippon--------1yr warranty(it will be clip-on on the sun visor)

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
they said if i go for the official maruti audio then it will look like this(minus the steering controls)

maruti_ritz_accessories_057.jpg

and if i go for any other unit then it will look like this

SYSTEM_LOOK.jpg

i like the integrated control, it looks cool and covers properly there is no gap/space left over so i was thinking should i change the speakers instead.what do u ppl say??

pls admin merge all my above posts into one.

ps:all above images are of there respective owners(whom i thank) and are not mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi friends
i have decided to book a ritz vdi. i saw that it does not have a audio system so i wanted to know which audio system should i go for also i want a reverse parking sensor/camera, bluetooth for mobile phone.i have zero idea of all these products.my budget is 20k.
i have a few questions(some might sound strange) pls help-
Why both? Either go for reverse sensors OR reverse camera. I would say reverse sensor is better and cheaper.

Else, what you can do is, buy a reverse sensor and for the reverse camera, you can buy a 2 DIN head unit (music system) with reverse camera compatibility so that you dont require 2 different displays.

AFAIK if i get a reverse parking sensor it will have a separate display unit.and if i get a reverse parking camera it will show on the rear view mirror, will i have to buy a new rearview mirror??
You get both options - separate display which is stuck on to the dashboard or a display on the internal rear view mirror. The new rear view mirror comes in the package and is clipped onto the existing rear view mirror.

You do get night vision cameras, they are expensive.

does a reverse camera only get active in reverse gear??
Yes.

what if i want it to be active even when i am not in reverse gear to see the traffic coming from back??
You can do that. The installer will directly connect it to the battery (instead of reverse light) and the system will remain ON all the time.

how much cost for a audio system with Bluetooth so i can talk hands free while driving(i saw it in my friends Manza. cool feature).
There are many options in the market. Depends on whether you are going for single DIN or double DIN, whether normal or touchscreen, features, etc. Starts from Rs. 8000...

where is the mic in such a audio system??
Normally on the A pillar.

if i want to have a sub woofer do i need to get an amplifier too?
Yes. It is compulsory.

any suggestion where i can place the woofer and the amplifier(if needed) in Ritz??is it possible to place it under the back seat.(i would like the boot to be free.)
Subwoofer cannot be placed under the seat. It has to be placed in the boot. Amplifier can be fitted anywhere, even under front seat.

i would like to place the 4 speakers in the 4 doors as i want the parcel tray to be free as i might need to remove it to keep luggage very often.
No issues with that.

also is it possible to get a audio system with a screen which can also be used to see the reverse parking camera and a gps device(i plan to buy in future)??
Yes. Definitely.

should i get marutis own audio system (the front panel only) bcoz i think it has bluetooth function and i can get 4 speakers of good company from out side??
The stock head unit from Maruti will be pathetic in terms of output and sound quality. And it will be unnecessarily expensive too.

i talked to the dealership and they said if i get the accessories from outside it will void the warranty of the car.
Typical of every car dealership. That is because they want to earn on accessories.

they said if i get audio,reverse sensor/camera central locking from outside and any wire gets cut then my warranty is void.(i have 4 yrs warrant)
A professional installer will not cut the wires in your car, so warranty will be intact. you need a good installer for that.

here is the brands that maruti uses and there warranty as told by dealer-

audio head unit------Kenwood-------2yr warranty(same is fitted in Ritz zxi)
speakers------------Kenwood-------1yr warranty
Kenwood is pathetic.

i like the integrated control, it looks cool and covers properly there is no gap/space left over so i was thinking should i change the speakers instead.what do u ppl say??
You have to decide whether you want good sound quality or good looks. Maruti's stock system will not give you good sound. With that system, installing a subwoofer and amplifier will be of no use.

Also, if you install a double din aftermarket unit, there will be no gap in the dashboard. If you get a big touch screen unit, it will look even better. You can watch movies too. you can have bluetooth, reverse camera, GPS, etc. all integrated into it.

Thread Starter #6
thank u very much for the reply.
u clarified all my doubts.thanks
what is this socket to socket fitting??the dealer said only he has those sockets as they are supplied from maruti and are made specific for the ritz.the shops outside do not have this.

hey can u tell me if i go to a accessories shop what should i ask him or how to know he will do this socket to socket fitting and not cut wires??are there any specific equipments he should have??

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
here are the details of the head unit that is offered from maruti

Integrated Audio System (NSCR 03)
• Integrated Audio System • 4 Channel High Power Output - 45W X 4ch • CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with FM/AM Tuner
• CD-R / CD-RW Compatible • Rotary Encoder Volume Control Knob (Endless Type) • Harmonic Illumination (Amber)
• Front AUX-In • Pre-out for Optional Amplifi er Interface • CD Changer Compatible (Optional)

in future if i want to go for a amplifier and sub woofer will this support it/be good enough for it.

should i go for this head unit and have all 4 speakers of my choice.i am thinking front 2 components with separate tweeters and rear 2 coaxial speakers.

hey one doubt i have is if front component speakers have tweeters then if i go for rear components speakers then will i have 2 more tweeters??that is 4 tweeters 2 in front and 2 in back.

By the socket, maybe he meant the frame on which the aftermarket head unit will fit. Every professional installer will have this.

You will get better head units for a better price outside. But I repeat, please go to a professional installer. Bangalore has many good installers, I can help you if you want. Infact some installers are so good that they can turn your car into a nightclub! So why buy outdated stuff from Maruti?

You can do that. The installer will directly connect it to the battery (instead of reverse light) and the system will remain ON all the time.

Be ready to hear the annoying beep sound if you do like this with parking sensors when a vehicle is behind/following you.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
yes mgrahul we are talking about the camera,but thanks for ur reply.

now i have understood that i cannot fit a sub woofer in the dicky as it will take lot of space and cause rattling in future so i am thinking to go for all 4 component speakers.

can i have two pairs of tweeters, two in front and two in back(on parcel tray or inside the door with speakers)???the 2 pairs of components will come with 4 tweeters.

i am thinking this because a pair of components costs around Rs5000 and a pair of coaxials costs around Rs2500.so i am thinking if i spend 2500 more and get components instead of coaxials for the back i can get better sound and good bass. am i right??

is going for all 4 components overkill??

will it cause any rattling or other problem in future??

do i need a amplifier if i go for all 4 components??

on all the websites they say price of components 5k,6k, etc is this price for a pair or single piece??

Last edited:
First of all, if you need bass, go for co-axials. Co-axials produce more bass than components. So you can go for components in front and co-axials in the rear.

If you have the budget, I would still recommend you to go for a subwoofer. It is not such a big hurdle as you think. It can be easily removed if you want a big boot for some trip.

Thread Starter #13
my father is insisting to get the audio from dealer so i am thinking of getting the maruti ritz audio head unit or Sony Stereo (BT 3750) head unit and for speakers i am thinking of getting 2 sets of the Sony Speaker (XS GTX 16202S).
Amazon.com: Sony XSGTX1620S 6.5-Inch GTX Series Component Speakers: Car Electronics
i plan to place the 4 speakers in doors and 2 twwetrs on dashboard and two on rear parcel tray.
what do u guys think.
have a look at www.marutisuzukiritz.com/pdfs/MARUTI-Ritz-Low.pdf this is the list of accessories for ritz and pls tell me which audio u think i should go for.

Tango,

As a Ritz owner, I suggest the following

A dealer always make you afraid of warranty void and try to see that you get done everything in his place. So first of all do not worry on this

There are things you can get out side for a very good price and quality.

Things to go with dealer due to short circuit and other safety issues

Central locking
Side beeding ( as after market beedings are not having good quality, I had to replace them with dealer MGA beedings after using for 3 months)
Llumar sun film

Go for a good after market interior shop for these

Go with 1 DIN music system, because you get a space below it and it is very useful. I fitted JVC and it is very good in delivering good sound with bass effects. front with Sony speakers fitted in front doors, Back with JBL co-axial speakers fitted on rear parcel tray. You cannot fit them in rear doors and even you fit the round one the sound will get disturbed.

Art leather seat covers
Parking sensors

But ensure that when you go to after market, ask him that did he got the product suitable for your car which will be with all the socket joints where the original wiring will not get disturbed.

Top Bottom