ICE Installation in my ALTO (DIY)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gurus,

Starting a new thread about my ICE installation. I did this a DIY (well stuff was procured from market, I just kinda installed it myself). I did this as DIY since I hate those pesky accessories' shop untrained guys (its very difficult to find a true professional, all of them are mostly the watch and learn types).

Well here are the details of my ICE:

1. Sony Xplod GT696UI Head Unit
2. JBL 2 Way 4" Front Speakers
3. Sony Xplod 4 Way 6"x9" Rear Speakers
4. Factory wiring that came along with Speakers

Please suggest if this configuration is good. I actually dint want to invest a bomb in ICE as of now but would appreciate your inputs on this.

I'll post the pics of this soon and check if i can provide some DIY pics of the install :)

Thread Starter #4
Thanks friends, will definitely try to post pics soon. Actually not getting time for the same and unable to find my etx HDD where i saved the pics.
@dodge_v1per: Buddy I bought this HU recently and not planning to change it so soon. Although would like someone to guide me on getting best out of this unit itself.

350Z

Core Team
Your DIY will be useful for many of us here. Do share more details with us and congratulations!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice Config. If u had not installed it, i wud have asked to stay away from Sony. And another thing, try getting the 4 inchers changed and get JBL 5.25 or 6 installed in doors. Beleieve me they will make the soundstage so much better. Driver in front and speakers at rear arent a greay combo.

Thread Starter #7
@350Z: Surely ill post soon (bear with me till then:( )
@racerdabba: I am not sure if i would like the door pads to be cut for 5 or 6 inchers. mine is a limited version vehicle so don't want to mess with originals. Instead am planning for an AMP and SUB. Would request all to suggest me on that as I have not yet bought those. For AMP have made my mind for JBL 4 Channel (model still not finalized).

Thread Starter #8
Hello Friends,

Firstly sorry for taking such long time for updating this thread. Here are step by step Update:
DIY Installation Step 1 (HEAD UNIT INSTALLATION):
Installed the Head Unit at stock location. This was very difficult step for me as I had never done anything like this before (M800 installation is very easy I must say as I did that on Dad's car long back). I had to look around every possible option i could so that installation looks professional [;)].

Removing the Dash Garnish of the HU stock location was a pain as i dint know which all screws had to be removed[confused]. I have a limited version Alto so I actually removed all the screws of the front garnish and later realized that most of it was not required so had to rescrew the same (when i realized that lower portion is independently removable). Wasted a lot of precious time for this step. After all this i opened up the cradle where head unit was to be fitted (the iron thingy).

Its not just about originality. A good 6" speaker install in front will look good, as well as sound great. for a person who sits in front, music coming from rear isnt a good listening experience. if u add a amp and sub, and 6x9 at rear with just 4" in front, u are screwing up ur soundstage. try and get better speakers up front. if u have a driver and enjoy the back seat, its a different thing altogether.

Thread Starter #12
Sorry friends, was occupied with some personal issues.
Will update this ASAP.
Till then please accept my sincere apologies.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, I am going for some upgrades in my Alto but want suggestions from gurus.

I have the following as of now-

A CRAP Sony GTS270S Xplod With Remote Commander.
Pioneer 2 Way 4" Front Speakers
Pioneer 4 Way 6"X9" Rear Speakers.
Thats All :P

Now I am wanting to Buy a Subwoofer With A 2 Channel Amplifier as the budget is quite low. Its maximum 8k. Not a penny more than that!
I think that an 1100W Sub will be good with some Sony Amp (2 Channel)
What would be cost of this?

2nd Question-
Would A subwoofer with enclosure fit in the tiny boot of my Alto?

If YES, How much would it cost?

If NO, How much will a Sub without enclosure cost and What will be cost(here, in Faridabad, NCR) of a Custom made Enclosure to fit in my boot?

lxi.

Suspended
I have a query about ICE in my Alto.
Hope some Guys here can solve that.
Here are the questions-
1. CAn i put an amplifier in my car (for the rear speakers) without using any subwoofer?
2. is a subwoofer necessaary with an Amplifier?
3. What will be the difference in the sound quality (except the bass)?

Top Bottom