ICE for the New VW Polo TL

I've recently bought a Polo TL and was wondering if i could get the HU from US, has anyone tried this before. looks like there is a considerable price difference, check out this deal Amazon.com: Kenwood DDX419 In-Dash 2-DIN Head Unit Car Stereo: Car Electronics.. checked its price on ebay and it was about 32k. please advice.
Without thinking much I can say that HU would cost you lesser in U.S than here in India, so if you like the HU then you should get it from there.

Also, if possible hunt around for other compatible original HU that are compatible with Indian Polos (you may have to ask about compatibility from dealers there). Check this link for some details: Differences between the Volkswagen RCD 210, RCD 310, RNS 310, RNS 315, RCD 510, RNS 510, RCD 550, RNS 810 and the RNS 850 | my-gti.com

Thread Starter #18
Hello All, Finally sorted out the system issue. And thanks a million for all the suggestions. My Car has finally arrived. I will post my ownership review on the relevant thread.

Thread Starter #20
Thanks Rightnow. And about the ICE for Polo, I checked out near my place and he gave me quiet a good option. I actually saw this JVC KR RW400 double din system which has CD(not that important), USB and AUX and liked it. The price was also good @ 8500. I checked this with the retailer and what he suggested that I can put that(he is giving it away for 7500 :P) and put Infinity component speakers with a Panel for the ICE. In total he is ready to put it for a sweet INR 15500 after the reduction of prices. Liked it, although I am in the process of getting quotes from other retailers as well.
Any Bangalore guys(Specifically anyone living near Marathahalli or Jayanagar) can suggest a good place, keeping in mind my budget.

Thanks a million for the suggestions guys. :)

Thread Starter #21
Finally completed installing my ICE in my VW Polo.
HU - Pioneer 3490UB single Din
Front component - Diamond D1

Yet to put the rear speakers and amps, which will happen after a couple of months.
Hope I chose the correct options.

Good to hear that Rajeev
How much did you get the HU and front speakers for? Post some pictures of HU.
I hope you would enjoy the music, although finding a set up for metal is really hard. I have done my own research for a perfect music set up (at home) for hard rock/metal, but not I couldn't find one.

And something out of topic: what about the Slayer concert? I guess its today in Bangalore

ICE for the New VW Polo TL/Vento

Does it mean that these are the only compatible systems with VW Polo? Cant i get any 2-din thing and get it installed?

Well the Polo & Vento are pretty similar so since i bumped into this today just posting a pic of Pioneer Avh-1490Dvd that I got installed on the Vento(trendline) today.
The car had a Sony single din with pioneer co axial & components,the headunit was pathetic with no usb slot(car is used by my aunt so the ridiculous set up),
so feeling the need for a reverse cam & a headunit with display but having some buttons(instead of complete touch screen) so it wont be too confusing for my aunt & others also.

1490dvdVento.jpg
Any Bangalore guys(Specifically anyone living near Marathahalli or Jayanagar) can suggest a good place, keeping in mind my budget.
I got this installed at "Junction" on 4th block, as for price the headunit is 16g along with reverse cam(no sensors) ,factory fit panel,etc & labor came upto 19,900.

But HU complement the speakers(which were installed before) very well now.

Headunit plays video which are converted to mpeg-2

Thread Starter #24
@rightnow - paid around 14K including labour and fitting. Asked them not to cut any wires but instead they put a converter. And as you said, yes it is pretty difficult to find a good system to play hard rock/death metal. But the comp speakers are awesome and doing their job
OT - Slayer is coming to bangalore on the 20th of october

@prads - thanks for the suggestion, though I got it done from Throttle in jayanagar.

Top Bottom