ICE for Skoda Rapid - Tweeter Placement

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

Few queries to experts from Forum.

I have booked my Skoda Rapid Ambition and expecting it within a week now. (fingers crossed)

I am planning to install ICE as soon as I get the delivery of the car. The ICE that I am planning is as follows -
1. HU (2DIN) of JVC
2. Rockford Component Speakers in Front
3. Rockford 3 way speakers in Rear

Now one big issue that I have is to where exactly I put my tweeters in the front. By rule of sound distance it should be either in the door only for better mixing or worst case I will have to put them on dashboard (not a great idea for me). Need to know how was the fitting done for other skoda rapids in the forum if component speakers are opted in the car. Also will I be able to fit the component speaker with tweeters in the door only. Not sure about this...

regards,
Prafulla

the dashboard is the optimum place for placement of the tweeters.

since tweeters produce higher frequency nodes it is better if they are placed near your hearing level.

Thread Starter #3
thanks Superbad!

Need to know if I there is any place "in" the dashboard to put the tweeters. I dont want to keep them out in the corners on dashboards... They surely will become the toys for my naughty princess....
Also if anyone from TAI members had done ICE fitting for Skoda Rapid with component speakers can put their comments / suggestions / experience that will really help me.
@ Experts - Your opinion please

if your princess would end up playing with it then try to get it fit on the upper side of the door panel.

this can be done by cutting a part of door panel. but get it done thorough a professional installer.

Top Bottom