ICE for New Maruti Alto 800!!!

Thread Starter #1
> Your Car: Maruti-Suzuki Alto 800 (LXi)

> Budget Range: Up-to 12K

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.)- Full setup incl. single DIN Head+4 Speaker.

> Preferred Brands (If any): Sony, Kenwood, JVC or Pioneer.

> Preferred Music Genre: All types.

> Existing Audio Setup: NA

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: 1) ICE should have CD, Bluetooth, USB and Aux-in feature.
2) Is there any brand that gives free sets of speaker?
3) Should I buy the ICE from Maruti Authorised dealer itself or from any other specialized ICE store?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My total budget incl. Head and speaker is 12K.

Btw. can you give some link of product that you have recommended?
Don't know the size of front speaker area but can share this photo for reference.
Maruti-Alto-800-Interiors.jpg

You need Single DIN HU with 4 speakers with 12k. Tight budget, but a decent setup is very much possible.

My suggestion.

Head Unit: Pioneer MVH159UI, 3800bucks
Front Speakers: Pioneer. Would cost you 1200-1500 bucks
Rear Speakers: Kenwood/Pioneer 300Watt, would cost you about 6000 a pair.

However, you can go for better SQ if you stretch your budget with a few thousand bucks.

ICE setup can be done with a Authorised dealer of any brand, but only you need to tell them that they need to do with clips without cutting any wires.

Things you should get it done with dealer only : Remote locking, Power windows as they are genuine and fit well.

For all other things after market are good but you should again choose a good reputed shop and authorised dealers of the items.

Thread Starter #6
ICE setup can be done with a Authorised dealer of any brand, but only you need to tell them that they need to do with clips without cutting any wires.

Things you should get it done with dealer only : Remote locking, Power windows as they are genuine and fit well.

For all other things after market are good but you should again choose a good reputed shop and authorised dealers of the items.
Yes you're right. Installing the speaker is my main concern. That's why my Dad suggested me to do all the work from Maruti Suzuki dealer itself. But I will decide if could find any authorized car audio dealer here other than MSD

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. My total budget incl. Head and speaker is 12K.

Btw. can you give some link of product that you have recommended?
Don't know the size of front speaker area but can share this photo for reference.
View attachment 68567
is this from your car? because the one o saw didnt have this space for speakers and the dealer said that they have to cut the pad and fix it

Thread Starter #8
is this from your car? because the one o saw didnt have this space for speakers and the dealer said that they have to cut the pad and fix it
Dunno but lxi model do come with front speaker hole.
But what's the difference between coaxial and dual-cone speaker?

Dunno but lxi model do come with front speaker hole.
But what's the difference between coaxial and dual-cone speaker?
dual cone will have 2 coils. 1 voice/mid-bass and other tweeter
coaxial is also the same . it may have 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 coils.
coaxial will have separate drivers (component speakers)

dual cones will distort after certain volumes

(Please correct me if i'm wrong)

My suggestion :

HU : Pio 1490UB - 3.5K (It's USB only but I guess that is what we use the most)
Fronts : JBL 609C components - 4.5K
Rears : Pio 6x9 300W - 2.5/3K
Total : 11K

freakdude.

Thread Starter #12
Finally my wait is over for speaker. [:D]

Front speaker

JVC CS-V427 Speakers
• 10cm 2-Way Coaxial Speakers
• 2-Way Coaxial
• 160W Peak/20W RMS Power
• Frequency Response: 70 - 25,000Hz
• Sound Pressure Level: 88dB/W.m
• Crossover Frequency: 5kHz
• Carbon Mica Cone Woofer
• Poly-Ether Imide Balanced Tweeter
• Rs-1500/-

REAR Speaker
JBL GT6-S699 Car Speaker

Total- 7.9+1.5+3.6= 13K

Is it good guys?

JVC CS-V427 is just a 4" driver buddy with a tiny 20W RMS power. With 6x9 in the rears you'd hardly hear them. Moreover, 4" drivers are not capable of good acoustics. I'd strongly suggest you to go for components in fronts for a decent sound-stage, or, atleast 6" co-axials.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #14
JVC CS-V427 is just a 4" driver buddy with a tiny 20W RMS power. With 6x9 in the rears you'd hardly hear them. Moreover, 4" drivers are not capable of good acoustics. I'd strongly suggest you to go for components in fronts for a decent sound-stage, or, atleast 6" co-axials.

freakdude.
You are right 4'' inch is too small. I will select at-least 5 1/2 or 6 inch in front.

Can you explain the bold part?
I should install 4 speaker or any other component?

Components are normal speaker with a specialized circuit to route specific frequencies to specific drivers. A typical component set has 2 mid-bass drivers, 2 tweeters and 2 crossovers. The crossover takes the signal from the HU (or the amp) and then route the lower frequencies to the mid-bass and the higher ones to the tweeters. This helps create a better sound stage. Also, for best sound reproduction the mid-bass and tweeter should be placed at an appropriate distance to each other, i.e., neither too close nor too far.

My suggestion would be to get 6" components for best sound up front. If 6" is not possible (without any mods) then go for 5.25".

freakdude.

Top Bottom