ICE For My New Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

just bought a new Swift VXI and it doesn't come with any ice. Request suggestions

1) I took the Pioneer 3690ui stereo out of my old car to transfer into this one as its basically brand new. But some one suggested to go for Pioneer 169dvd which is a dash mounted system with touch screen. This they suggested could be connected to my reverse parking camera system as well. I am concerned that the dash mounted system is a magnet for thieves as it is not dash integrated, so can be removed just like a stereo. I park on the road. Please suggest
2) I also took out the Polk db 401 speakers out of my old car. They too are brand new. However, they are 4" and the Swift has 6" pockets. Should I get an adapter plate made so that I can install these 4" speakers or should I go with 6" speakers?
3) If 6", should I go for coaxial or component? I don't want to hack the interiors too much, so I was thinking coaxial. Also, the absence of any visible tweeters will also be a deterrent for thieves
4) If component, should I go for JBL CS6 or Polk db6501 or Infinity Pr6502ix or something else? If coaxial, should I get Polk db651 or Pioneer A635 or Infinity 6502ix
Ameyam

Thread Starter #3
Just sharing my experience

I went with Infinity 6502ix co-axials rear and Polk db651 co-axials front. Decided against going for components due to extensive cabling and crossover installation issues. I went for Polk as these marine certified speakers are not prone to water damage. Door speakers often get soaked as Indian cars dont have vapour barriers or damping
I was appalled at the way these guys installed speakers. At the shop of a reputed installer in Koliwada, he went at my car with a punch and hammer to punch holes in the door frame to install the speakers!. When I asked him why he didnt use a drill, he told me that the technicians were not adept with it. Then, when installing the HU, he put a cut in the dash top panel. Did nt see him do that, so couldnt fire him. To top it off, he installed the front speakers with wire-ties!! Even when the speaker kit came with all necessary hardware. That crowned it. But when I went to another installer to get it fixed, he also resorted to a punch and hammer. I was carrying my portable drill but it wasnt strong enough to drill the frame. Atleast my regular electrician installed a wooden ring and all four screws to affix the speakers. I didnt know our market was so hopeless- work with a proper drill to affix speakers hardly takes a few minutes. I am just out of parliamentary words. Lots of non-parliamentary words come to mind

Ameyam

new speakers for swift

hi i need help in buying speakers for rear tray. i will not use amplifier only speakers which one would you suggest i need crystal clear sound each and every beat clear on high volumes too.Sadly i have stock hu and i can not change it.so,which one would you suggest thanks

technical terms as posted rms etc i am not an expert sir,so not commenting.
Advantages of Components,they can replace easily stock speakers,i have done in my swift,replaced stock Nippon Speakers(ZXI MODEL), with Focal speakers.
I had coaxials in my old car -Pioneer,which i had a great time,lasted for 9 years.
After that 1 went out(Due to earthing,while loading something in the boot area,the wire got pulled off and may be unknowingly the car might have run like this for long time, till my technician at accesories shop found out.
Component produces good sound effect also.Depends on your choice.

Top Bottom