ICE for My New Swift VXi - 2012

Thread Starter #1
Dear ICE Gurus,
Greetings for the day. I will be getting the Delivery for my New Swift VXi - 2012 Torque Metallic Blue in the coming 10 Days time. I am looking for a New ICE Install for my Ride!
My Budget is 35,000 INR. Would be grateful to get suggestion regarding the Combination of Equipment Requirement as mentioned Below:

1 - I need a HU with the requirement of Front USB, IPOD Aux, RCA Pre Out - 3, bluetooth connectivity for the mobile phone. (I am not looking for the jazzy looking HU, just these requirements should be there.).
2 - 200 Watts - Tweeters for the Front. (I like the Pioneer).
3 - 400 Watts - 6 X 9 Oval Speakers for the Rear. (I like the JBL GT - Silver).
4 - 12 Inches Subwoofer with Enclosure.
5 - 4 Channel 800 Watts Amplifiers. (2 Channels for theTweeters & 2 Channels for the JBL Oval Speakers).
6 - 300 Watts - Mono Block Amps to Power the above mentioned Subs.

QUESTION -
1: Is this Combination Correct? Is there any Suggestion on this COMBO Guys??????
2: Can i fix 2 Sets of Tweeters to the 2 Channels of my Amps? I am not a expert. But i believe that 2 Channels will give an Output of 200 Watts per Channel and a Single Tweeter will be 100 Watts (200 Watts a Pair). Is there is thing wrong about this information guys?
3: Or can i fix a Front Component Speakers and Club it with the One Pair of Tweeters in those 2 Channels of the Amp.
4: I would like to know what will be the Input Requirements for a 12 Inche SubWoofer with Enclosure. Will a 300 Watt Mono Block Sub Woofer do the Job for me?
5: HU will have a Pre Amp of 50Watts X 4 Channels. I hope i am right about this. Can i use this Pre Amp 200 Watts whole to just power my Tweeters? Is it possible? Because if it is okay, i was planning to use the 2 Channels for Front Components Speakers which i might install in the Future.
6: Any Suggestion for the Installation: Especially in which type of wiring must be used for clarity & stuff like that?
7: Sub Woofer Enclosure: Any Tips. I noticed that the Enclosures are locally manufactured. Any Guidance for the 12 Inches Sub Woofer Requirement? Which type of Wood is required and what is its correct size and design?
ICE Gurus, please help me. This is my First car of my Life? I dont want to goof up in any section of After Market Mods to my ride. Believe it or not - These Requirements for ICE is from "MY WIFE". She likes her ride to be classy and all when she driving around. CHICKS! [drive]. This Websites Alloy & Wheels Gurus helped us at last to select the Alloy Rims (15 Inches EVO Alloys) & 205/55/R15 Tires (42,000 INR)

Thanks for your Time Guys!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers [cheers]

SAM & CHRISTINA

Thread Starter #3
Could 2 Pairs of Tweeters be connected to 2 Channels of an Amp

Dear Gurus [thumbsup],
Could i connect "Two Pairs" of Pioneer Tweeters (200 Watts a Pair) to 2 Channels of a 4 Channel Amp? The JBL Amp is 800 Watts. The Other Two Channels will be for the 400 Watts JBL Oval Speakers.
What is the menaing of Tuning the HU, Amps, Speakers and Powered Subwoofers? Is it something to do with the FADERS which my HU has. [thinking] What should i tell the Installer about Tuning? I am spending quite a bit for the Audio System. Many friends suggested me to take the Tuning Seriously!
Please help me guys!

Thanks & Best Regards,

SAM9088.

Re: Could 2 Pairs of Tweeters be connected to 2 Channels of an Amp

well buddy talk to ice gurus aka raj, ilango, cooldhaya..they will help you!

Thread Starter #5
Re: Could 2 Pairs of Tweeters be connected to 2 Channels of an Amp

well buddy talk to ice gurus aka raj, ilango, cooldhaya..they will help you!
Hello Umang,
Greetings. Thanks a lot. I shall contact them for the details. Appreciate it Bro!

Peace & Cheers [cheers]

Hello Sam

What speakers you have in front?

Your ideal setup should be connecting 2 pairs of component speakers to the 4 channel amp. Oval speakers don't need an amp.

Thread Starter #7
Hello Mr. Cooldhaya,
Greetings for the day Brother! Boss is it so? But the HU is only 50Watts Pre Amp. Is it enough for the 400 Watts Oval for the Rear on the Parcel Tray Bro?
Boss also one more thing! 2 Sets of Component Speakers for the 4 Channel Amp. Do you mean 1 Set for the Front Doors and 1 Set for the Rear? Is it enough? Which on do you suggest sir? I want to add a Sub Woofer later on. I was thinking of the JBL 12 Inches with Built in amp!
How are these Component Speakers Boss? How is the effect and all! Is it better than the JBL Ovals 3 Way Speakers (400 watts)
Sorry for asking you all basic level questions Bro! I am new to all this! Request your expertise on the matter.

Thanks & Best Regards[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #8
Dear Mr. Cool,
Boss also one more thing! How do you mount the Component Speakers Anna! Do you have to make a hole on the Inner side of the doors? Is there any way to avaiod making holes on the doors!
Bro also one more thing? One Channel gets connected to One Speaker right? So front Two Component Speakers (1 Pair - front) will take the Two Channels of the Amp - I hope i am right? Can i use Components in the front and in the rear can i connect the Ovals - JBL - 400 Watts? Is it possible? Just asking Bro?

Thanks Anna![:)]

Hey buddy looks like you are confused a lot , i will try my best to help you.

But firstly i am just 22 years old so don't me call me sir , anna or boss , call me Dhaya![:)]

What is the HU you are having , how much pre-outs does it have? And also what is your budget?

Yes you should one pair of component speakers on the front and one pair in the rear. I am assuming you already have the 4 channel amp that is why mentioning 2 pairs , else a single pair for the front doors will do and power them using a 2 channel amp.

Component speakers are better than the oval speakers anyday. The component speakers will be fitted on wooden rings and kept inside the door panel , AFAIK no cutting will made to the door panels. Does Swift have slot in the rear door to place the speakers?

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Thread Starter #10
Hey buddy looks like you are confused a lot , i will try my best to help you.

But firstly i am just 22 years old so don't me call me sir , anna or boss , call me Dhaya![:)]

What is the HU you are having , how much pre-outs does it have? And also what is your budget?

Yes you should one pair of component speakers on the front and one pair in the rear. I am assuming you already have the 4 channel amp that is why mentioning 2 pairs , else a single pair for the front doors will do and power them using a 2 channel amp.

Component speakers are better than the oval speakers anyday. The component speakers will be fitted on wooden rings and kept inside the door panel , AFAIK no cutting will made to the door panels. Does Swift have slot in the rear door to place the speakers?

Any other questions feel free to ask.
Hey dhaya,
Thanks a lot for your help buddy! Okay i will call you dhaya! "The 4 Channel Amp i already have which my sister sent me from the US". I WILL BE GETTING THE DELIVERY OF MY CAR BY ANOTHER 4 DAYS. Tommorow i will go to the Showroom @ Mandovi Motors_Mangalore and confirm the availability of Slots for the rear door to place the speakers!
My HU will be the JBL 333 Series which will be having 3 RCA Pre Amp Outs buddy! My Budget will be 40,000 INR INCLUDING THE JBL 12" Subwoofer Enclosure with Built in Amp which is 13,500 INR in Mangalore dude! So i am left with say 40,000 - 13,500 INR = 26,500 INR which have to accomodate 2 Pairs of Components (Front & Rear), HU and Wiring, Damping and the Installation.
Buddy, i am from Mangalore. We cant trust these Shops here for genuine stuff. So i am purschasing myself and asking the Installers to fix it up.
Can you suggest me in this Rs 26,500, which Model Number and Brand of Component Speakers do you recommend? Is there Components Speakers with 400 Watts Output? I would like a good one dude!

Thanks a lot for your time Dude! Appreciate it.

[cheers]

Last edited:
I think the HU which you have said costs around 5k so that leaves us with around 21k for speakers , damping and installation.

I think you can have a look at Infinity and Focal component speakers. I have focals at front in my Verna and JBL at rear. JBL'S are a bit cheaper than Focal but are good too. If you intend to save some money go for JBL , very much VFM. A pair of JBL component speaker will cost around 4k i guess i am not very sure about the price.

And while installation go for branded wiring kit , don't save money in wiring!

Thread Starter #12
I think the HU which you have said costs around 5k so that leaves us with around 21k for speakers , damping and installation.

I think you can have a look at Infinity and Focal component speakers. I have focals at front in my Verna and JBL at rear. JBL'S are a bit cheaper than Focal but are good too. If you intend to save some money go for JBL , very much VFM. A pair of JBL component speaker will cost around 4k i guess i am not very sure about the price.

Dear Dhaya,
Thanks Dude! Tell me one more thing. What Models Numbers are those JBL's. The Installer here is Car Decor. He old me that he has JBL - GTO-609C - I set of One Woofer Cone + I Tweeter + CrossOver = 360 Watts will cot Rs 6000/=. he says this is the latest + Bill + Warranty. But it is 2 Ohms Speakers. Then i will be needing 2 Sets = Rs 12,000/=. will these speakers accomodate in my JBL 800 Watts 4 Channels Amps Buddy! I am Worried abt this! This will be for my Front Speakers. He told me that it will sound deadly.
I am worried abt my Amp now Yaar. Will It okay now. I will follow ur suggestion and forget abt the Ovals Completely. The Installer told me that what you said is correct and it is much much better than the Ovals.
Now what should i do for the rear speakers? Which Components should i go for Dude? Is the Amp enough! Do you want me to send you the SPECS FOR THE COMPONENT SPEAKERS AND THE AMP. PLEASE HELP ME! by the way what should i do for the wiring! Which is a good brand dude! how much will that cost now?

Thanks for your time Buddy - Appreciate this! By the way how is ur Verna? I mean the Music System Sound in ur ride? should be sounding deadly huh! How abt Sub Woofers? Do u have them in ur ride.. Just Curious!

Last edited:
I don't know about the model which your dealer is telling but i have this comps in my car. Check the link:details

You are worrying too much buddy , just connect the two pairs of components with your 4 channel amp your ride should sound good!

Yeah the sound quality in my Verna is good enough. I had two JBL sub-woofers earlier but removed them last year as i needed boot space lately.

Thread Starter #14

Hello Dhaya,
I have got the Combo Dhaya. Amplifier is JBL - GT X646 (For 2 Ohms - 4 X 100Watts RMS). The Components Speakers are JBL - GTO 609C - 2 Ohms 90Watts RMS (360 Watts each piece) = 2 Pairs (2 For the Front & 2 for the Rear).
Costing -
Components will be 6,000 INR x 4 = 24,000 INR.
HU will be 5,500 INR (B/W).
Sub Total = 29,500 INR.
Remaining Cost of Wiring & Installation - (I dont Know)
Please Suggest me the Brand of wiring, Dhaya so i can ask him Tommorow.
He told me that the Amp and the Speakers will match with out any issues. He told me Damping can be done at the time of Installing the Subwoofers.
Any Expertise Suggestion from ur end would be apprciated Dude. Thanks for your precious time & PEACE!

Some of the branded wiring kits are Scosche and Earthquake .

Yes damping can be done at the time of installing the sub-woofers , that also is only needed if you find any of our doors or panels vibrating due to the thump effect.

I think your dealer is good enough , just enjoy your ride and the setup , congo!

Top Bottom