ICE For My New Chevrolet Beat

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys

I am planning to ICE my BEAT and need all your suggestions. The main problem I have here is stock speaker provisions (in dashboard and in rear) have only option to fix 4' speakers and no provision in doors at all. I have below options in my mind. Please advice.

Option 1:
Pioneer HU with 5' or 6' Component in front doors(cut the doors to fix it) and 6x9 Ovals in the rear with MDF board (anyway I do not like this option).

Option 2:
Pioneer HU with 4' Coax for both at front and rear, 8' sub woofer at the boot. I am planning to take off the sub when not required ie to load boot with big luckage.

For speakers I have options like Kicker, Polk, Rockford Fosgate, JBL.

Please give your suggestions on speaker, amp, sub and would be helpful if you could provide some contacts in Bangalore. My budget would be 15K and can extend a bit.

Cheers [thumbsup]

Re: ICE for my new BEAT

well obviously option 2 is better but if you try option 1 where will you fit speakers on doors??

Thread Starter #3

Umang: Thanks for your reply. Sorry I could not attach an image to show you. Doors will be cut near bottle holder and speaker will be fixed with enclosure.

Do you have any suggestion on speaker/sub brands ? I am looking for entry level sub only.

[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #5

I have done ICE for my BEAT.

HU-Alpine CDE100 EUB
Front & Rear - Hertz 4' Coax (do not have much options in 4' so landed in Hertz)

All costed me around 9.5k.

The SQ is not that good for my taste. Guys do you think any upgrade would increase SQ ? I'm expecting some bass overall and right now its not sounding good for my taste.

Later I'm planning to add a 2 ch amp and 8' sub. Dealer opted for Hertz amp and JBL 8' sub.Will it increase the SQ ?

Please advice.

[thumbswink]

Last edited:

Can you tell me the price of just the head unit?

IMO you should have gone with a pair of comps instead of those two pair of coaxials. Definitely getting an amp and woofer will give you increase in sound quality.

My beat too need a ICE.Will discuss about it later.

Swiftian,I think you own a diesel beat.Why not put a ownership report of beat.

Could you please put the pics of your ICE.

Last edited:
ICE for Chevrolet Beat

Need help regarding ICE for my beat.I think there is no need to open a new thread.
Well First thing i would like to declare is that we are having a strict B-U-D-J-E-T!
My mother just want music.
It would be nice if you give me something that is cheap but descent.
When i inquired in an ice shop,they showed us a kenwood hu with usb,aux and it cost some 5 thousand and some xx hundred rupees,He said it has better bass and trebles options that the pioneer.
One more question,does a 4" speaker(4 nos) produce some good music.My mother is not all interested in the keeping speakers on parcel tray as she dont want to reduce the boot space and yes its expensive as well/

if you want budget install then get a JBL X333 HU without a cd player but with fm usb and sd card only for 3k from their official website free shipping. a 4" speaker cant produce great sound quality a 5" or 6" is much better and 6x9 is best option. basic sony speakers are cheap and if you can spend a little more then JBL is a good option.

ICE for my new Chevrolet BEAT 1.2 LT

I was about to start a new thread but better to keep this one alive.

I am IMRAN from Pune and new to this forum. I have booked Chevrolet BEAT 1.2 LT and will soon be getting the delivery. Planning for few upgrades such as Alloys and a new ICE setup. But due to recent budget constraints I would be able to do any one of these now.

Hence I am more inclined towards ICE setup and need help from all experts. We all might know that OEM speakers of BEAT are average hence I am planning to upgrade them. So below is the required information:

Your Car: Chevrolet BEAT LT

Budget Range: 15k

Looking For: Best combination setup (no HU required as I would keep
the stock HU)

Preferred Brands: (If Any) Open for suggestions

Preferred Music Type: Hip Hop, RnB, Punjabi, Usual Hindi songs

Current Audio Setup: (If Any) Stock HU and 4 speakers (front and rear)

Miscellaneous Details: Do not want door setup hence front would go
into stock position.

I have gone through few forums and with the help of the collected knowledge (still a noob) came up with below setup:

Front - Illusion EL 4.1 components. Would be installed at stock position.

Rear - JBL GTO-949. Would be installed on the parcel tray.

Amp - Need suggestions

Sub - Need suggestions

With my budget I guess I have below options:

Option 1 - Front components + Rear 6x9 Coaxial
Option 2 - Front components + Amp + Sub

I would appreciate all suggestions and also if someone could help with the prices in Pune and any good dealer and installer.[:)]

Thank you,

Regards,
Imran Khan

jst got the delivery of my new beat ls now planning mods need ur help

i went to the decor world. i choiced a paramount touch screen hu with aux , usb and sd support and also checked for jbl speakers now i want to add a fog lamp (just basic one) and led lamp streaks at the side of fog lamp and near them so i need to know how to connect it or how is it runned and pls let me knw a approx price. i am also planning for other mods but not getting anything in head so if u guys have any mod (except performance mods) let me know btw some pics :

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom