ICE For My Maruti Suzuki Swift (2010)

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

Finally after researching a lot and asking the experts , yesterday finally got the ICE installed.

Stock:
Sony XPLOD HU
Component speakers on the doors Cerwin vega

I had a budget of 10 k .

I decided to visit Final touch on mission road, as I wanted to avoid JC road since I didn't wanted to get cheated.

So met Mr. Akash who is very professional , and knowledgable . Also gave me various options to choose from.

So the current setup I have is

Coaxial rear speakers : Cerwin vega HE'D 6' x 9' : 4500 rs Approx
Stock HU and front component speakers
4 ch 300.4 Cerwin. Vega HE'D amplifier : 8500 rs approx
Wiring : 2000 rs ( previous wiring done was screwed up )
Free perfume and Ganesha idol.

Total bill was 15200 rs

Thanks to greatv I got some good discount. He suggested me to bank on final touch which was a good thing to do.
He told me that he would source spoilers if I needed one!!
So spoilers and underbody neons is next on my list!! But Vitamin-M is on my side currently!![frustration]

Also wanted to know whether this was fair pricing?

Last edited:
Re: ICE for my swift 2010

Hello,

Finally after researching a lot and asking the experts , yesterday finally got the ICE installed.

Stock:
Sony XPLOD HU
Component speakers on the doors Cerwin vega

I had a budget of 10 k .

I decided to visit Final touch on mission road, as I wanted to avoid JC road since I didn't wanted to get cheated.

So met Mr. Akash who is very professional , and knowledgable . Also gave me various options to choose from.

So the current setup I have is

Coaxial rear speakers : Cerwin vega HE'D 6' x 9' : 4500 rs Approx
Stock HU and front component speakers
4 ch 300.4 Cerwin. Vega HE'D amplifier : 8500 rs approx
Wiring : 2000 rs ( previous wiring done was screwed up )
Free perfume and Ganesha idol.

Total bill was 15200 rs

Thanks to greatv I got some good discount. He suggested me to bank on final touch which was a good thing to do.
He told me that he would source spoilers if I needed one!!
So spoilers and underbody neons is next on my list!! But Vitamin-M is on my side currently!![frustration]

Also wanted to know whether this was fair pricing?
Hi Corona,

Nice setup but i have some queries.

Cerwin Vega HED amplifier 300.2 is a 2 channel amplifier. I haven't heard about HED 300.4 4 channel amplifier. Also checked out their website and could found find only HED 300.2[confused]

H.E.D. Amplifiers

Go for some good component speakers preferably Focal Polyglass 165VB which costs 10k and please dont go fro cheap amplifier wiring kit. Go for good Scoche wiring kits like E200 and also do damping for front doors as built quality of Swift/Dzire is not up to mark(I own a Dzire too).

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #3

Yes I had this doubt, the dealer said this is a new model launched!! Attached a pic hope it makes it clear!

Attachments

Last edited:

Yes I had this doubt, the dealer said this is a new model launched!! Attached a pic hope it makes it clear!
Yes i have also found the model when i searched in internet now. But it's a low powered Amplifier. Only 50w through a single channel at 4ohms impedence. Do try to get yourself an amp which can provide 60-75w through a single channel at 4ohms impedence.

Some options are:-

JBL GTO 1004 - 75W per channel
Polk Audio 660.4 - 75W per channel
DD Audio C4C - 65W per channel(But DD Audio products are underrated so can have a single channel watts of more than 70-80W)

Damping is something, I have to do Maybe Next month.
Definitely do damping because rattles will be produced once you install component speakers. get the doors damped while installing as damping the door later might be a messy affair. My advise finish the audio installs in one go. Then move on to other modifications.[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions!!

Will definitely go for damping, regarding the amp I will stick to it because the effects are really good and was within budget!!

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Will definitely go for damping, regarding the amp I will stick to it because the effects are really good and was within budget!!
If you go for an amp which provides only 50w in a single channel then no point going for good powerful components like Focal Polygalss 165VB which has 75watts. In such a setup the components will be underpowered. When you invest do invest in such a way that an upgrade won't be needed soon. Amps wont fetch good value when selling so while upgarding to anew powerful amp later you will lose substantially.

Regards,
Sankar

I agree with all the points mentioned by @sankar.
I think if you need only 50w then only a good HU could have gave this much power. Anyways i think you have bought all these things and there is no benefit talking about this. If you are satisfied with this setup then its fine.

I agree with all the points mentioned by @sankar.
I think if you need only 50w then only a good HU could have gave this much power. Anyways i think you have bought all these things and there is no benefit talking about this. If you are satisfied with this setup then its fine.
Oops never knew you had already bought the amp. Sorry i thought you haven't purchased the amp. True if you are satisfied with the setup then nothing else matters. There will be many opinions but the decision is your only.[:)]

Please post pics of your audio installation and other modifications that you are doing.

Regards,
Sankare

The ICE setups are different depending on the budget. I guess what matters is whether the person is happy with the setup or not! I myself have seen setups worth lakhs which is not comparable to the setup i have but still i am very happy with my system!

The ICE setups are different depending on the budget. I guess what matters is whether the person is happy with the setup or not! I myself have seen setups worth lakhs which is not comparable to the setup i have but still i am very happy with my system!
Simply true.[:)] the person who spends his hard earned money should be happy at the end. Thats what matters in the end.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #15
What all modifications are you doing to the interiors? I own a Swift Dzire so i can also do the same[:)]

Regards,
Sankar
Interiors not much mods,as my seats are very well done ( I will post up the pics).
Planning to spider pedals for ABC.
Also a funky speedometer.

Main mods will be spoilers, mufflers .
Also will be getting a transformers badge, replacing it with Suzuki logo!!

Top Bottom