ICE for Maruti Swift

Thread Starter #1
I have been driving my car without any audio system from last 12-13 months. Now i feel that i do need it in my car now.

My budget is pretty tight, which is Rs 10,000.

Kindly suggest me something that will be optimum for my car within my budget and i know amp and sub, are already out. So, we are left with HU and speakers only and good wiring as well.

Waiting for your suggestions [:)]

Re: ICE for Swift

Get a good head unit for 6k & components for the front. it may exceed you budget by 1 or 2k. later add atleast a 2 ch amp for the front comps, it may cost you about 3-4k. that should suffice.

Thread Starter #3

Good pioneer headunit is going to cost me between 4300-5000 but i am confused about speakers. Whats actually the difference between having components in your car as compared to coaxial which are usually put on the back parcel tray(?).

For now i am just looking for best product in that price range with a good head unit and good speakers as well, and yes i do have plans of adding an amp and sub in the future but thats not gonna happen too soon.

If you are going to drive, no use of leaving the front empty & installing co-axials in the rear, the mistake which 90% of so called professional installers do.

components will sound much much better than co-axials, more so with the help of an amp, which you can add later.

Depending on your usage and budget you can go for components in front and coaxs at rear. Pioneer should be able to drive this set up, if you don't mind Sony, it should suffice too. You can pick up an amp later depending on if you yearn for more mid and bass.

Thread Starter #6

Thanks for the reply guys!

So, i can conclude that with my current budget and for best sound experience, i should get a good head unit and a good pair of components? Also car is 90% driven by me alone.

I really like bass but budget is quite strict for now (as i am a student lol) and with the suggested config i will be able to add a good sub and amp in the future right?

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply guys!

So, i can conclude that with my current budget and for best sound experience, i should get a good head unit and a good pair of components? Also car is 90% driven by me alone.

I really like bass but budget is quite strict for now (as i am a student lol) and with the suggested config i will be able to add a good sub and amp in the future right?
Since you drive it alone most of the times so a frontal soundstage would please you.

My suggestion :

Headunit - JBL X555(4500/-) or Pioneer Deh-2390ub(5300/-)
Front components - JBL 608C/609C or Infinity Ref 6030CS (5500/-)
Speaker wiring - any descent one for around 50-70 per mtr. X 6-8 mtr max (400-500)
MDF rings x2 - 200-300

Total : 10600/- to 11600/-

freakdude.

Thread Starter #8

I haven't finalized on the head unit yet but i will buy one from pioneer only and i guess its gonna cost between Rs. 4200-5000.

After doing some research on google i have made a list of most preferred comps which are as follows:
*jdl gt6-s266c
*polk db6501
*rockford r1652-s
*bull audio cs650.75

My cousin is getting coaxials changed in his lancer which are of jvc brand to jbl but they are of upper price range (they sound really good) and he is giving me them for free. So, i am going to use them on my parcel tray with the front comps.

Few questions:
-Will i be needing an amp for the current config?
-If i won't be using an amp with this setup is it going to give me quality loss while listening to songs?

Good that you are getting the co-axials for free , hope they are in perfect condition though. Now for your setup you can do without an amp but with an amp the quality is going to get even better.

If you plan to add a sub and another amp in the future , try to get an HU with 3 pre-outs atleast , i don't know if they are available in this price range though.

Thread Starter #10

Good that you are getting the co-axials for free , hope they are in perfect condition though.
Yes, they are in perfect conditions.
Now for your setup you can do without an amp but with an amp the quality is going to get even better.
If i plan on adding an amp which can fulfill my current as well as future needs, how much is it going to cost me and which brands should be preferred?
My idea is to get good front components plus those jvc coaxials in my current config, and in future i would like to add a good sub-woofer.
If you plan to add a sub and another amp in the future , try to get an HU with 3 pre-outs atleast , i don't know if they are available in this price range though.
Can you throw some light on this topic. What pre-outs are actually for?

A 4 channel amp should be able to fulfill your future needs too. Brand can be chosen depending on budget , if your on a tight budget then go for JBL.

I don't know how to explain the pre-out thingy , i am not really an ICE expert. Hope somebody who knows more about this can explain better. But keep the 3 pre-outs in mind , if not three then atleast 2.

Thread Starter #12

A 4 channel amp should be able to fulfill your future needs too. Brand can be chosen depending on budget , if your on a tight budget then go for JBL.
I just checked out this jbl site and it shows only one 4ch amp which is costing around ~8000 and thats almost doubling my budget hah.

JBL GT5-S644

Now i will come back here just the day before i will get my ice done.

Well you can get a 2 channel amp for now to power the comps and later get another 2 channel amp to power the sub.

Or else if your next upgrade will be done in a few months then get a 4 channel amp along with the sub at that time. Power the comps with the HU for now , you wont get the full quality of the comps though.

Sunny you can go with a headunit with 2 preouts and a component like the helix blue B62C which work great with the headunit directly also,though an amplifier is always advised for the future,the helix is a great set has awesome midbass too,should be easily available in delhi.

Thread Starter #15

Sunny you can go with a headunit with 2 preouts and a component like the helix blue B62C which work great with the headunit directly also,though an amplifier is always advised for the future,the helix is a great set has awesome midbass too,should be easily available in delhi.
smal881's Channel - YouTube

Is that sound without any woofer and amp? [surprise]

Top Bottom