ICE For Maruti Celerio : Budget 15K

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Expecting delivery of my Maruti Celerio VXi AMT in a few days. Since its a VXi, i don't get a music system factory installed in it. Asked the MGA person and he quoted an atrocious Rs.14K just for the HU that is being installed in ZXi. Speakers extra.

So i had a look at the different options available on Snapdeal for HU and Speakers and shortlisted solely going by the looks and user recommendations. Here they are :

1. Pioneer FH-X369-UB

2. JBL - GTO 949 - 6 inch x 9 inch 3 Way Coaxial Speakers (400 W) or Infinity - Primus 9603i - 6 x 9 inch Coaxial Speakers (300 W) - 2 Pairs i.e One for each door.

Total Cost Exc. Cashback : Rs.15100

Now onto the main points. :

1. I don't even know the ABCD of an ICE for the car. Just need the medium thump (bass) from the speakers ala Ford Figo. Also, the HU even though 1-DIN must have the fascia like that of a 2-DIN as i don't like the empty space beneath.
2. Barring HU, i m concerned about the speakers. Will they fit in the door pads ? I don't wish to occupy the parcel tray.
3. If i buy things online and not from an accessory store, will the guys fit it for me ? Or anybody knows about a trustworthy shop that can do this work. I reside in Faridabad (Delhi-NCR) and also the cost involved for the same.
4. Will the warranty be void if i get things installed from outside ?
5. If anybody could suggest something better than this in same budget.
6. What about the wiring and its quality/brand ? I'm clueless about it.

Consider me a newbie please and answer accordingly so its easier for me to understand. [:)]

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

BBThumbHealer

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks deville for the response. Can you suggest any other speakers having good sound output that would fit door pads ?

What needs to be taken care of in wiring ???

I would suggest you the following things -

1. Since you are going for Pinoneer 2 DIN HU please go for the one with BT. It would ensure you hands free driving plus you can playback music from your phone.

Pioneer - FH X759BT CD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

2. Get a parcel tray and fit the co axial speakers. The SQ will be much better. If you are going for door speakers only go for Alpine, JBL or Infinity component speakers.

Thread Starter #5
@anshuman8, thanks for the input :)

Can you please suggest the exact model from either of Alpine, JBL or Infinity would be the best ? A link to the same would be appreciated.

Also, how do we select the wiring for installation ? what needs to be taken care of ?

EDIT :

Had a look at these 3 models as well : JBL - CS 6C - 6.5 inch Component, Infinity - PR6500CS - 6.5'', Infinity - Kappa 62.11i 6-1/2''.

Can these be fitted in door pads as it is without any additional support or tampering ? I don't wish to use an amplifier or something like that. My Setup = HU + Speaker.

Members please help me out.

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Component in front door + coax in rear door

or

Component or coax plus tweeter in front door + oval on parcel tray.

Wire coming with the bundle can do decent job.

You will need wooden spacers to install on door.

Last edited:
The one chosen by you is good. Only thing to take care is when wiring is done (HU installation) as them not to cut any OEM wires and use harness instead.

You can fit the speakers on the doors with spacers (as suggested above) or you can use the OEM slot which is given by Maruti inside the door pads.

Hi

I m Parth, I have booked my celerio & expecting to receive delivery by september-14 end.

Request you to please let me know your mobile no.

I have to dicuss something regarding ICE for celerio.

I will be really grateful to you if you give me a good advice.
I belong to faridabad itdelf.
Thanks & Regards

Parth

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends

I am in bengaluru and my FIL also receiving celerio next week, need suggestion to get it fitted in bengaluru.

Guys,

Can you please give an insight on installing the audio system on my Celerio VXI model ?

My budget is 12 - 14, with double din. Can go for either infinity or JBL. (Depends on the pricing). Will be using only the space available in doors.

The infinity models mentioned in the post cannot be fitted in door right ? except for the JBL - CS 6C - 6.5 inch Component .

@MoRa Can you please post the details on the ICE that you installed ? Even though its an year old post, help will be much appreciated.

Guys,

Can you please give an insight on installing the audio system on my Celerio VXI model ?

My budget is 12 - 14, with double din. Can go for either infinity or JBL. (Depends on the pricing). Will be using only the space available in doors.

The infinity models mentioned in the post cannot be fitted in door right ? except for the JBL - CS 6C - 6.5 inch Component .

@MoRa Can you please post the details on the ICE that you installed ? Even though its an year old post, help will be much appreciated.
Double DIN + JBL/Infinity Comps + JBL/Infinity Coaxials would come just under 14k.

Have you decided on anythibg yet?

Top Bottom