ICE For Hyundai Grand i10

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm getting my Hyandai Grand i10 Magna tomorrow and am looking to install an aftermarket ICE. I am planning to install the below components

HU: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/pioneer-avh-x2690bt-lcd-touchscreen/360974403

Front Speakers: Pioneer - TS A1605C 16 cm*20mm Component system package - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Rear Speakers: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/pioneer-ts-a635-16-cm/651176

Does anyone have a similar setup? I have read through multiple forums and noticed that people generally prefer JBL speakers. Will a JBL speaker setup with Pioneer HU be better for a similar price? I would listen mostly to hindi songs/hard rock(megadeth/metallica etc).

Most Important question for me right now is that the dealer has informed me that if I buy these components from outside, then they will not install it. If I get these installed from outside, then the warranty for my car will be void. Is this true? The price difference between snapdeal and what the dealer is quoting is around 6K+ .

Please advise. Thanks!

Hi @Cannon Ball
I too own a Grand i10 Magna, My Setup is Pioneer FH-X369UB HU, Infinity PR6500CS Components Front, and JBL CS-6 Coaxial Rear
Your HU selection is very good as Pioneer HU are superb and Mixtrax function is Cool
For Speakers you can look for Infinity or JBL
Front Components: Infinity PR6500CS or JBL GTO509C
Rear Coaxials: Infinity PR6502 or JBL CS-6 or JBL GT S366

Pioneer speakers are low at Sound quality thats why i Changed My Pioener G624 to Infinity Components and i feel lots of improvements in sound output

About the Installation.. are you talking about Hundai dealer? I didnt face any problem installing my setup at outside car accessories, every car accessory dealer will refuse to install if u get the components from outside. You can directly meet the installation guy working at reputed accessory shop and tell him to install it at your house and offer him the payment. I am sure he will definately do as it worked for me too

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Hi Virajkin,

Thanks for the reply. I am planning to go with JBL speakers.

Yes, I was talking about the hyundai dealer.
If I get the ICE installed by any person outside of hyundai, the warranty for the car will be void. This is what the dealer told me. Have you checked with the dealer? I have not read through the warranty policy yet but will do so today.

Thanks!

Hi Virajkin,

Thanks for the reply. I am planning to go with JBL speakers.

Yes, I was talking about the hyundai dealer.
If I get the ICE installed by any person outside of hyundai, the warranty for the car will be void. This is what the dealer told me. Have you checked with the dealer? I have not read through the warranty policy yet but will do so today.

Thanks!
Hi, when I went to Hundai showroom for my Car payment, I enquired about the Prices for ICE system. They told me Rs. 8000 for Sony 1 Din HU and 4000 for pair of sony speakers. 3 days later after taking the car delivery, I went to car accesories shop and installed 2 Din Pioneer HU, Pair of Pioneer and JBL speakers for both doors. Total cost was Rs 11000. The installer didn't cut or tampered factory wiring. He used connectors/couplers. I had enquired the dealer about aftermarket ICE, they said incase it doesnt disturb factory setup/wiring the warrenty remains void.

Top Bottom